Fort Lauderdale Port to MIA morning flight

emerald6273

March 2019. Am I mad doing such a short break in Puerto Del Carmen? Prior to our cruise we're doing 4 nights in Lauderdale. Looking for somewhere 3 nights post cruise plus we're able to use miles for flights. Already done Key West, Miami, Naples etc in previous visits.

We had thought about option of disembarking 2 nights early from our Reflection cruise in Cozumel but shame to cut short an 11 all inclusive cruise.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Forums mobile app

Can you be a bit more specific on the date?

I am asking so I can see how many ships are in port that day.

I am guessing March 1 or March 22.

If that is the case looks like Noon would be OK.

I would not go for an earlier flight.

I wouldn't disembark earlier either.

Keith

• 4 weeks later...

The rule of thumb that I use is the five hour rule. I would not book a flight any earlier than five hours from when the ship is scheduled to dock, and allows for padding for any unexpected ship delays in arrival and/or clearing the ship with customs.

Since you stated you are "visiting from UK", are you traveling on UK passports? If so, you may want to plan on being one of the first passengers off as you will probably have to see the custom officials directly.

The rule of thumb that I use is the five hour rule. I would not book a flight any earlier than five hours from when the ship is scheduled to dock' date=' and allows for padding for any unexpected ship delays in arrival and/or clearing the ship with customs.

Since you stated you are "visiting from UK", are you traveling on UK passports? If so, you may want to plan on being one of the first passengers off as you will probably have to see the custom officials directly.[/quote']Will be travelling on Irish passports so plan wheeling our own luggage off with earliest disembarkation to allow time for passport control.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Forums mobile app