Do you receive a reusable drink cup with the purchase of the soda package?

graceinga

• 5 months later...

I always get the soda package for my underage son. If I get it as a perk beforehand (soda pkg instead of ubp) I have never received a cup with it. If I buy just the soda package once on board they give me the novelty cup at purchase. The cup is more of a keepsake as anytime you order a soda they put it in it's own cup.

My wife typically gets the soda package and has never received the cup on NCL. Apparently you only get the cup if you buy the package at a specific bar or location (Atrium maybe?). Or maybe you need to go to a specific location to get the cup.

If the cup is important to you, ask around as to where you get it.

I always pre-order my soda package; prior to 2018 we always received a cup with each package in our stateroom on the first day. On a sailing in March of 2018 on the Gem we did not receive the cups and were told by guest services they are not offering them anymore if you pre-ordered them online (even though on the website it mentions the cup being part of the package); after I wrote a letter to the Hotel Director I was told I could pick up the cups at the Atrium Cafe'. Pretty round about way in getting our cups. Am sailing in a few weeks, we will see what happens this time.

• 1 month later...

The cup is a waste of time.  Almost no-one uses it shipboard and it's not an attractive souvenir.  It also doesn't hold very much--the Royal cup holds a good deal more.  But if you want one, just ask at the Atrium bar (they keep the cups behind the bar).  

5 minutes ago, FLAHAM said:

The cup is a waste of time.  Almost no-one uses it shipboard and it's not an attractive souvenir.  It also doesn't hold very much--the Royal cup holds a good deal more.  But if you want one, just ask at the Atrium bar (they keep the cups behind the bar).  

I actually use the cup since the cups the bars give you are just as small or possibly smaller and they are easier to spill.  I like having something with a lid that seals, but that is just me.  

4 minutes ago, Abm234b said:

Thank you both. Just trying to decide if I should pack yeti cups or use the ones provided if provided. 

We didn’t even bother picking them up, we brought yetis, much bigger and better at keeping beverages hot and cold.

1 hour ago, Abm234b said:

Just to clarify...if I picked the beverage package as perk will I be provided a refillable cup or should I pack one from home?

It has been my experience on my most recent NCL cruises that you go to the Atrium Bar, show them your card as proof of having a package and they hand over a cup to you there. We tend to sail mainly on the large ships.

Takes no time at all, not a big deal.  Decorative look of the cup has changed over the years and even within the same year.