Celebrity Infinity - 15 Night Panama Canal 5/2/18 LIVE(ish)

CRUISEBOY305

I will be following too as we board the Infinity on May 17th in San Diego. And we have done six full transits of the Panama Canal and likely will do another sometime in the future. My husband lived in the Canal Zone for several years as a child when his father, a US Air Force officer, was stationed there.

Just curious..... ask him when he lived in the CZ (maybe Albrook AFB?).

We just disembarked from infinity. Following to see status of Norovirus on board our cruise .....

WE would like any information about the Norovirus on board the Infinity we board on May 17 for the Pacific Coastal

Any Information would be appreciated

thank you

OP: enjoy the cruise! We did a fairly similar itinerary (on NCL) last year; loved it. We've also sailed the Infinity on a TA; hope she's holding up (she needed some TLC when we were aboard, and that was a few years ago, but we had a great cruise nonetheless).

Hello all.

Sorry was unplugged for a few days at Sea and had horrible cell reception in Cartagena yesterday.

We are now just off the coast of Panama. Docking in Colon in a little bit.

Sea days were rather uneventful for me. Just a movie here and there and eating.

Cartagena, I did a fabulous tour with Dora de Explorer. She comes very highly recommended on CC and Social media

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So on embarkation day. Dinner at Qsine, I ordered wayyyyy too much food (it happens). The good thing about Qsine is everything is served in little portions and you certainly don’t need to finish everything

ecf2392c80f3b9f34d00500cc165a24f.jpg

35fc049b86897e3833102f7838cac94d.jpg

9c56eba52cada3aa957bbdfecebabd9a.jpg

fe0785dbcbb0cbfbe7a19322333105a3.jpga93242cee756ffacc9c1875ca7ff7a8f.jpgf28633ea142372de51ad7f5fc1c69429.jpg

A brilliant 2 hour talk on the Panama Canal.

We were on the repositioning cruise from Santiago to FLL just before the drydock to repair the engine. Celebrity didn't bother to offer us any talk about the Panama Canal...the talks were all about exploring in harsh, cold environments which had nothing at all to do with our cruise.. They did bring on a guide who spoke through the ship's PA during the passage, however, the volume was so low that it was almost impossible to hear her....and this continued throughout the passage, even in the sky lounge. If you were on the top decks in the front of the Infinity, many of the speakers weren't even working at all (which does make you wonder about whether they would work when really needed???

Of course the passage was wonderful....but Celebrity just sometimes just shows complete indifference and inconsistency of their offering.

Glad you had this talk....also glad you posted the slides which are helpful, even after the passage.

We were on the repositioning cruise from Santiago to FLL just before the drydock to repair the engine. Celebrity didn't bother to offer us any talk about the Panama Canal...the talks were all about exploring in harsh, cold environments which had nothing at all to do with our cruise.. They did bring on a guide who spoke through the ship's PA during the passage, however, the volume was so low that it was almost impossible to hear her....and this continued throughout the passage, even in the sky lounge. If you were on the top decks in the front of the Infinity, many of the speakers weren't even working at all (which does make you wonder about whether they would work when really needed???

Of course the passage was wonderful....but Celebrity just sometimes just shows complete indifference and inconsistency of their offering.

Glad you had this talk....also glad you posted the slides which are helpful, even after the passage.

Sorry to hear that. I think these talks should be a staple for sailings like this.

A few years ago I did New Zealand on Celebrity and we had a number of these talks as well about the sounds, wildlife of New Zealand, etc

My day with Dora de Explorer

Her tours are a must if it’s your first time in Cartagena. Here tours are small (vs the overcrowded and Overpriced X tours) she’s very personable, flexible. Gives great info. She’s from Cartagena and you can tell she loves her city.

IMG_7469.thumb.JPG.3b81745da552c69c62dc98e52147e98c.JPG

IMG_7473.thumb.JPG.fc395216b37547f9608fee1b567296eb.JPG

IMG_7476.thumb.JPG.5f94f2d3be811c5000a00ced6a33a02e.JPG

IMG_7478.thumb.JPG.ebd75fb114c3d448462705c7a73269bf.JPG

IMG_7481.thumb.JPG.648b4e3c92cd922389c31047586f5e7a.JPG

We also did the Dora tour a few years back and loved it.

Your good photos make my mouth water!

Excuse my ignorance but is the Qsine a pay dining venue? We are on our first Celebrity cruise on Infinity next year so just learning stuff.

We also did the Dora tour a few years back and loved it.

Your good photos make my mouth water!

Excuse my ignorance but is the Qsine a pay dining venue? We are on our first Celebrity cruise on Infinity next year so just learning stuff.

Yes, Qsine is a restaurant that charges a per person set fee.

Sent from while daydreaming I am in Luminae