One person a la carte

Just wondering, will they allow one person to go to a specialty restaurant and order a la carte, and the other person to use the dining plan?

Just wondering because my wife is vegetarian, and at Cagneys for example, she can make a meal off of Caesar salad and a few sides, which works out to about $10. So not really worth using a dining plan credit for. I however would use a credit because I eat meat.

Just wondering, will they allow one person to go to a specialty restaurant and order a la carte, and the other person to use the dining plan? Just wondering because my wife is vegetarian, and at Cagneys for example, she can make a meal off of Caesar salad and a few sides, which works out to about $10. So not really worth using a dining plan credit for. I however would use a credit because I eat meat.

No problem at all. Just let your server know what you want so they know how to ring up the final bill.

I’ve purchased an add on package for husband before and not myself for the minimal savings, next time I’m just getting both of us the same number of meals on the package. Some servers are just fine with an a la carte plus speciality dinner order and other servers seem to have great difficulty. It was fairly confusing for a le bistro server and he ended up having to give us two tabs. There’s an excellent vegetarian portobello dish at le Bistro and it is $11.99 I think. The wedge salad at Cagneys - it’s vegetarian when ordered minus the bacon. I eat seafood but not much meat and the speciality venues give me enough choices to get through a cruise without many repeats. I really enjoy moderno even if just the salad bar. That’s a flat fee cover charge regardless of what you eat.

Just wondering, will they allow one person to go to a specialty restaurant and order a la carte, and the other person to use the dining plan?

Just wondering because my wife is vegetarian, and at Cagneys for example, she can make a meal off of Caesar salad and a few sides, which works out to about $10. So not really worth using a dining plan credit for. I however would use a credit because I eat meat.

Not a problem at all. Just let your server know when you order.

We have done various combinations. Some split between SDP and latitudes. Some between latitudes and a la carte, some between SDP and a la carte and I believe on one occasion all three.

It bas never been any problem at all. As long as you state beforehand what you are doing, and check the bills to ensure they look correct.