Wine bottles on the ship

If you read the scenario, was the person was bringin on two bottles of in their carry on luggage. When the carryon luggage went through the scanner. The security agents asked if they were carry on wine. They said yes, the security guard then asked them to step over to a table. Where cruiseline rep. put on a label with name/cabin number of the people bringing on the wine. They were told they will get it delivered to their cabin later in the day.

In the mean time their checked luggage is being loaded on the ship. It is being scanned. If the bag is detected with issues, including potential alchohol bottles it is sent to the naughty room. It would be a simple matter of bringing the "confisicated" bottles to the naughty room to see if there is any overlap. I.E. people in a particular cabin packed two bottles of potential alchohol in their checked luggage along with bringing in wine with in their carry on.

If there is no overlap, then the confisicated bottles is delivered to their cabin. If their is an overlap then they are summoned to the naughty room for them to decide which two bottles they want to use during the cruise.

I have packed my two bottles into my checked luggage (white wine) instead of carrying them on and have been summoned to the naughty room, so they can verify that it is wine and not hard liquor. So I understand how the process works.

If you read my entire post you would have seen, I also said that I have never witnessed what the poster said in regards to having bottles being confiscated during initial embarkation and then later being delivered. I have gone on a RCCL cruise at least once a year over the last 10 years or so.

My theory was an idea of why RCCL may do this once in a while. People were/are trying to game the system by packing two bottles in their checked-in bag along with packing two bottles in their carry-on.

Again it is just a theory, and an idea about how it work to enforce the two bottle rule.

It's not that complicated. The security agents have no idea what carry on bag goes to what cabin. Most pax do not put their wine in checked luggage. Too easily broken, plus the scanners for checked luggage can't determine if your wine is actually hard liquor or not (which is not allowed). I don't want to take the chance that checked bags get sent to naughty room for alcohol check...nor do I want to find my clothes have red wine stains all over them. :eek:

Once again what the OP witnessed in Galveston is very rare for embarkation day security carry on check.

If you read the scenario, was the person was bringin on two bottles of in their carry on luggage. When the carryon luggage went through the scanner. The security agents asked if they were carry on wine. They said yes, the security guard then asked them to step over to a table. Where cruiseline rep. put on a label with name/cabin number of the people bringing on the wine. They were told they will get it delivered to their cabin later in the day.

In the mean time their checked luggage is being loaded on the ship. It is being scanned. If the bag is detected with issues, including potential alchohol bottles it is sent to the naughty room. It would be a simple matter of bringing the "confisicated" bottles to the naughty room to see if there is any overlap. I.E. people in a particular cabin packed two bottles of potential alchohol in their checked luggage along with bringing in wine with in their carry on.

If there is no overlap, then the confisicated bottles is delivered to their cabin. If their is an overlap then they are summoned to the naughty room for them to decide which two bottles they want to use during the cruise.

I have packed my two bottles into my checked luggage (white wine) instead of carrying them on and have been summoned to the naughty room, so they can verify that it is wine and not hard liquor. So I understand how the process works.

If you read my entire post you would have seen, I also said that I have never witnessed what the poster said in regards to having bottles being confiscated during initial embarkation and then later being delivered. I have gone on a RCCL cruise at least once a year over the last 10 years or so.

My theory was an idea of why RCCL may do this once in a while. People were/are trying to game the system by packing two bottles in their checked-in bag along with packing two bottles in their carry-on.

Again it is just a theory, and an idea about how it work to enforce the two bottle rule.

OK..nice conspiracy theory. :cool:

What would I know...I am just a newbie cruiser with RCI. ;)

I understand RCI allows two bottles per cabin to able to brought on the ship. Other than the MDR where they charge a $15 corkage fee; can we open and drink it anywhere on the ship?

Never been charged a corkage fee.

Sail away usually involves a bottle of champagne in a top deck lounge

This last trip to Cuba we took a bottle of port too.

No issues.

We would enjoy it in the library after dinner.

We have also taken wine to be table.

Waiters mention that there is a charge. But always say they will drop it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As I said, this was just a theory.

TWO people have reported their bottle of wines were collected upon embarkation. I was just trying to explain why RCCL may have been doing this. No conspiracy theory, just an idea on why RCCL may doing this.

CC is a place to post opions etc. I was just posting my opinion/theory.

Do you have another opinion/theory why RCCL may be doing this? We have had two independent reports of RCCL doing this.

Again as I stated twice know, I have not personally witnessed it, but I have no reason to doubt the two reports of it happening.

OK..nice conspiracy theory. :cool:

What would I know...I am just a newbie cruiser with RCI. ;)

On our last cruise, my husband had two Rosé bottles of wine in his back pack. The Rosé bottles had a long neck on them, so they were not the usual wine bottle shape. My husband was required to open up his back pack for inspection. After scrutinizing that the bottles held the allowed amount of wine, though the bottles were an odd shape, he was passed on. Lesson learned. Don't bring odd shaped wine bottles. They are allowed, but we don't want any more scrutiny than is absolutely necessary.

A tip we have learned about putting our wine bottles on ice--ask for the champaign bottle wine cooler. The champaign bottle cooler is much bigger than the wine bottle cooler. Can get a lot more ice in the cooler.

We also ask our room steward for two wine glasses be left in our cabin but as happens, sometimes the glasses are there, sometimes they are missing. If they are missing and our room steward is no where to be found we will bring a couple clean glasses to our cabin from one of the bars.

A tip we have learned about putting our wine bottles on ice--ask for the champaign bottle wine cooler. The champaign bottle cooler is much bigger than the wine bottle cooler. Can get a lot more ice in the cooler.

We also ask our room steward for two wine glasses be left in our cabin but as happens, sometimes the glasses are there, sometimes they are missing. If they are missing and our room steward is no where to be found we will bring a couple clean glasses to our cabin from one of the bars.

We ask for the champagne bottle cooler.

Sometimes takes them a while to track one down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk