Carnival canceled my cruise for payment due....was paid in full

BEEZALAR

We had a cruise booked for next April on the liberty. I paid the deposit and then my daughter who had a cruise credit ( long story) transferred her credit to my cruise. Showed paid in full. It was actually over by $60 so they refunded me. Then somehow it showed that my deposit was short $60 so they cancelled the cruise. Ok.....so where is my $1200 that was paid on it???

Sent from my iPad using Forums

To make it worse....my cruise coming in 9 days has disappeared. I'm waiting for them to call me back!

I wouldn't wait for them to call me back, I would be on the phone with someone in charge ASAP!

To make it worse....my cruise coming in 9 days has disappeared. I'm waiting for them to call me back!

Do you have a PVP? You need to be on the phone with Carnival and not get off until this is fixed. Nobody here has a clue of what happened to it and cant fix it.

You need to be on the phone with Carnival and not get off until this is fixed. Nobody here has a clue of what happened to it and cant fix it.

THIS!!!!

Not sure why people come here with problems and asking questions that only Carnival can answer and fix.

We had a cruise booked for next April on the liberty.It's only May of 2018. So your cruise is 11 months away I paid the deposit and then my daughter who had a cruise credit ( long story) transferred her credit to my cruise. Showed paid in full. It was actually over by $60 so they refunded me. Then somehow it showed that my deposit was short $60 so they cancelled the cruise. Ok.....so where is my $1200 that was paid on it???

So confused. Must get coffee.

THIS!!!!

Not sure why people come here with problems and asking questions that only Carnival can answer and fix.

Why shouldnt they have a place here to post and let out their aggravation without people beating up on them.

Doesnt hurt to let others know it could happen to them too.

Why shouldnt they have a place here to post and let out their aggravation without people beating up on them.

Couldn't agree more. Also I find it helpful if the OP returns to post the final resolution.

Also agree. Sometimes people need to lighten up a little, but also agree that the OP needs to be very proactive in getting this resolved ASAP. :cool:

Thanks...I was wondering why the hostility

I spent several hours on the phone and talked to different people. You want to talk about stress! Well geez people don't jump me for it. I just wanted to let ya know that carnival is screwed up! Hope none of you ever have 1100 $ disappear on you! And NO it is not fixed yet! Doesn't matter how many times or people I call.......I have to wait for them to figure out what the the hell they did.

Ugg - why do folks always come here to post this sort of stuff as if they don't know the answer already ?

Just call Carnival - they will get it sorted out and give you the answer you need & deserve.

Someone here works for Carnival...... Right???

:D:D:D

Wow.......they fixed it 36 hrs later, but fixed! The frustrating part was....carnival refunded me $59.60 on April 24 and then sent me an email saying they were cancelling the cruise because I owed $59.60 on my deposit. Like WTH! And the $1100 credit from my daughter was no where to be found. I sent them a copy of the credit confirmation ...thankfully I had that!

Wow.......they fixed it 36 hrs later, but fixed! The frustrating part was....carnival refunded me $59.60 on April 24 and then sent me an email saying they were cancelling the cruise because I owed $59.60 on my deposit. Like WTH! And the $1100 credit from my daughter was no where to be found. I sent them a copy of the credit confirmation ...thankfully I had that!

By "fixed it" do you mean you're back to going on the cruise or are you just getting your money refunded?

11months or 11 days....how would you like $1100 to poof and disappear

That's a HUGE difference.

11 months ( oh crap! who did what? well,, at least I have time to figure out what happened and get it corrected)

11 Days? :o (WTH! oh crap! as panic sets in)

See,, BIG dif

Glad to see it worked out (all in a matter of 3 hours)

"how would you like $1100 to poof and disappear" have you watched your 401K lately?