Trying new companies

Boytjie

Yes, plural. After 11 years of sailing with RSVP, we are jumping ship to a new venture in the LGBT vacation world: Vacaya. (The company launched this week)

Their inaugural cruise will be on the Celebrity summit, sailing from New York (OK, Bayonne New Jersey!) for a seven day cruise to Saint John, New Brunswick, Bar Harbor, Maine; and Provincetown, Massachusetts. The ship will overnight in P'Town for it's Carnival, a major LGBT event. This is an exciting itinerary and we will not have to fly to the port and stay in a hotel, it will be an Uber/Lyft ride away. :)

Fifteen months is a long time to wait for a cruise! We have usually had a cruise booked while on a cruise. We have not sailed on Celebrity which will be interesting. I am bummed out that we just became 3 star Mariners on our last cruise and now we will miss out on the discounts!

You should really enjoy Celebrity. Tends to have a younger vibe with more energy. One of our favorites! You didn't mention exactly when you were going. This August or perhaps August of 2019? I'm asking because Summit goes in for a major drydock and redesign in the beginning of 2019. If you go next year, it should be even more amazing! And no worries, your three star level on HAL never expires! Have a great time!

We are trying Celebrity for the 1st time this year too. From what I hear from my TA and from what I read on the boards, they seem to be a good cruise line. Different from HAL, bigger ships, etc, but with nice amenities and good food. We will see! Would have gone HAL in November but no itinerary was right, at the right time....so Celebrity won out.

Hope you have a good time on your cruise even though you have a bit of a wait.....

You're spreading your wings, in a manner of speaking. I am so happy for you! This is a great itinerary, and you are sure to enjoy it. Not to mention how easy it will be to get to/from the pier.

Enjoy. And DO let us all know how you liked it.

Good for you. We very much enjoy trying different ships, different cruise lines. We enjoy the differences.

We have not been on Celebrity lately however we have taken numerous Celebrity cruises. Food and service is top notch. Very similar in our experience to HAL.

IF you enjoy wine, we have always been able to take two bottles each in our carry on-not withstanding the 2 bottles per stateroom rule Celebrity ships that we have been on were very liberal when it came to that. There were two port stops (on different ships) in the Med where we were permitted to carry aboard the same amount of wine without having to pay the surcharge.

Not policy, but the crews can be very liberal in this respect. Unlike Princess!

You didn't mention exactly when you were going. This August or perhaps August of 2019? I'm asking because Summit goes in for a major drydock and redesign in the beginning of 2019. If you go next year, it should be even more amazing!

August 2019

Edited by Boytjie

What a fabulous itinerary, Peter! Question for you: will you still do the Sailaway thread here...I hope!

I have sailed on Princess, NCL and MSC with RSVP before and stayed active here. [emoji6]

I do hope that we get cruises on HAL too in the future. Time will tell.

I have sailed on Princess, NCL and MSC with RSVP before and stayed active here. [emoji6]

I do hope that we get cruises on HAL too in the future. Time will tell.

That’s good, Peter! ❤️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk