Blue Jeans in Main Dining Room for dinner

dbfad9090a47c3a35a25c6f1e38c1f6d.jpg

Hubby wore jeans on formal night too [emoji5]

And he and my son also wore khaki “dress” shirts and polos most other nights.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Well, those aren't totally "blue" jeans.

To those that poo-poo jeans, thank you, but I will enjoy my jeans in the dining room if I want to. In fact, I may even wear a jean jacket over a cute dress too (gasp). Yes, for those that don't know, nice jeans are totally acceptable now. Welcome to the year 2018. It is not something most people will wear in the daytime on a Caribbean cruise, but you will see many at night wearing them. I'm going to rock my jeans and I will be very comfortable doing it and probably still be better dressed than many. Haha!

• 4 weeks later...
Are nice, no whole blue jeans allowed in the main Dining Room for dinner?:confused:

No. They must be "whole" blue jeans. "No whole", i.e. cutoffs, etc... are expressly not allowed.

But to clarify: Yes. you can wear jeans to dinner. It's actually quite helpful. That way the educated will no who they needn't get stuck with talking about Nascar.

No. They must be "whole" blue jeans. "No whole", i.e. cutoffs, etc... are expressly not allowed.

But to clarify: Yes. you can wear jeans to dinner. It's actually quite helpful. That way the educated will no who they needn't get stuck with talking about Nascar.

I love to see jeans in the MDR, it reminds me of two of my favorite mindless shows, Duck Dynasty and the Beverly Hillbilly s

The educated would use no or know in the proper context. No is the opposite of yes and know means be aware of.

Hi

We haven't cruised for a couple of years and usually cruise in the Med which we are doing this year. Last time we saw men in jeans in MDR so that's fine we know that's ok. But what about dressy shorts for men?

Hi

We haven't cruised for a couple of years and usually cruise in the Med which we are doing this year. Last time we saw men in jeans in MDR so that's fine we know that's ok. But what about dressy shorts for men?

Royal does not enforce dress suggestions, wear whatever you like.

Jeans are fine! I wore jeans every night that wasn't formal night on my last cruise. I wore them with a nice top and cute shoes. I was dressier than a lot of people in the dining room. Really it is all about how you feel about it. I'm sure that some people will judge you but who cares! Enjoy your trip and enjoy your family!

I just do not understand why some get so bent out of shape over what someone else wears to eat dinner.

Neither do I. I suppose that means we are both in the non-educated group.:rolleyes:

Just because you wear "fancy clothes" to dinner does not mean you are wealthy, intelligent or kind.

Exactly. I will take that well mannered and nice "good ol boy" in his Dale Jr t shirt and Wranglers at my table over some hoity toity jerk wearing a tux that insults peoples intelligence just because they dont conform to his way of doing things any day.

Exactly. I will take that well mannered and nice "good ol boy" in his Dale Jr t shirt and Wranglers at my table over some hoity toity jerk wearing a tux that insults peoples intelligence just because they dont conform to his way of doing things any day.

Agreed!

I think a slim, in shape man looks sexy with jeans, a dress shirt with sleeves rolled up a bit and loafers. To me, that outfit looks 100x better than the fat man in dress pants and a golf shirt. I feel the same about women, jeans on slim/in shape look great, but on the heavy woman who is bulging at the seams looks the opposite. I don't wear jeans because I fit into the latter category.

So many people have their own ideas of what is elegant/formal when on the ships these days. No executive will back up a crew member who told any man or woman dressed inappropriately to leave to change clothes if the cruiser sends a letter complaining about the employee.

Additionally, the crew member will probably be written up for upsetting a guest and that guest likely will remove tips because he/she is mad at the line.

So, just about anything goes in the MDR and no matter how many people complain about wanting everyone to dress up, it's not going to happen. I feel that I dress appropriately and I do it for me, not for anyone else. I don't like looking like I just came from the beach and had no time to clean up/dress up. If others choose to dress that way, it's on them.

Here in the South, most jeans that are sold are made of a lightweight denim. No one wears “heavy jeans” [emoji38].

Personally, I LOVE to people watch on a cruise - so fly your freak flag all you want 🤪 The crazier the outfit, the better!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just because you wear "fancy clothes" to dinner does not mean you are wealthy, intelligent or kind.

Some pretend that it does just that, "mean you are wealthy, intelligent, or kind."

Others are afraid that if they do not wear "fancy clothes" people will think they are: 'poor, dumb, and ill-mannered'.