14 Nights Southern Caribbean on Reflection - Dec 7 2018 - Need Your Feedback

taylortime05

Hi,

We have this cruise booked and I am trying to decide if we should keep it or cancel for now. These are my reasons for considering cancelling or keeping the reservation.

Reasons to Cancel:

1) This is the longest cruise we've taken. We took a 10 night in Dec 2016. We are not retired so we will need to save 12 days for this cruise. I could save the longer cruises for when we retire in a few years.

2) Right now we are in A1-1605 for total of 4920. This includes beverage pkg, prepaid gratuities and 500 OBC. When we sailed in Dec 2016 the prices dropped significantly after final payment. Right now the prices for same category are about 1000 more. I am considering taking my chances and cancelling and checking the prices after final payment. I realize I will lose the great cabin and also airfare might be more expensive. We are flying from Detroit. The other option is to skip Aqua and go with normal balcony.

Reasons to Keep:

1) We have never visited the ABC islands and this is a great itinerary.

2) We loved the Eclipse and it sounds like Reflection is as good or better.

3) I've read that Celebrity is not going to do this 14 night itinerary any longer. I can't find it after January 2019.

4) Even though we will need 12 days of vacation when we come back from the cruise we will have the week of Xmas off so that's nice before returning to work. So December will be a great month. Just hard to get through the summer months with limited time off.

5) 5000 is a good deal for 2 weeks with drink pkg, gratuities, and 500 obc - not sure about this but I think it is. I wish I would of transferred this to big box TA and I could of gotten approx. 400 in gift card. But it's too late because I booked this in Dec 2016 when onboard the Eclipse.

What do you think? Appreciate your feedback?

Thanks

6. You never know what life will bring. Go.......❤️

My mom and I had a cruise booked she had wanted to do for years, she ended up pushing it back a year and died 4 months before we were to leave. Never wait on something you wish to do.

No guarantee you will be able to go when you retire; life throws us curve balls.

14 night Caribbean itineraries keep diminishing.

There are very few Aqua cabins available & checking prices show an A1 with Classic Beverage & Gratuties at $6600+. No OBC.

I’d keep the booking and enjoy 2 weeks of pampering.

Great cruise, great cabin really good rate with those perks. Don’t put it off to retirement. We lost my husband’s sister yesterday, she will not see Hawaii with us, put it off too long [emoji22].

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I also say GO! Can you move it to a regular Veranda? For the price difference we stick with a regular veranda. We don’t use Persian Gardens and Blu is just ok to us so we went back to regular veranda.

I would think that you could still transfer it to a TA. We booked a cruise on board in 2017 for a cruise in 2019 and had no problem transferring.

As far as price drops, I was talking to my TA about that the other day and she said that the prices usually go up after final payment and very rarely down.

Although we go to Aruba every year for our land vacay we have done the 10 day itinerary on Equinox and loved it so much that we are doing it again.

Good luck with what you decide!

I will keep it. We was on Eclipse on March 18 It was the penultimate of 14 nights.

For 2019 booked a Caribbean B2B on Silhouette for 21 nights (9+12), Sometimes I check the prices and they are rising.

Other option is change from the 14 Night Reflection to the 9 Night on Silhouette she goes to Grand Cayman and the ABC Islands.

I also say GO! Can you move it to a regular Veranda? For the price difference we stick with a regular veranda. We don’t use Persian Gardens and Blu is just ok to us so we went back to regular veranda.

I would think that you could still transfer it to a TA. We booked a cruise on board in 2017 for a cruise in 2019 and had no problem transferring.

As far as price drops, I was talking to my TA about that the other day and she said that the prices usually go up after final payment and very rarely down.

Although we go to Aruba every year for our land vacay we have done the 10 day itinerary on Equinox and loved it so much that we are doing it again.

Good luck with what you decide!

We booked the cruise for Dec 2018 when we were on the Eclipse in Dec 2016. I was told that we could of moved it to a TA within 60 days of booking it. But now that we have had the reservation for 17 months they said it was too late to move it to a TA. Did you move your reservation to a TA within 60 days of booking it?

Thanks

We've done the Caribbean 14 nighter (Eclipse) twice and we are booked on the final one (Jan 4) aboard Reflection. That Jan 4 sailing has been nearly sold out for a while now. It's an awesome itinerary--the ABC islands are great. My recommendation is to keep your booking and your very nice cabin.

And yes, it is too late to transfer your booking.

We booked the cruise for Dec 2018 when we were on the Eclipse in Dec 2016. I was told that we could of moved it to a TA within 60 days of booking it. But now that we have had the reservation for 17 months they said it was too late to move it to a TA. Did you move your reservation to a TA within 60 days of booking it?

Thanks

We must’ve transferred it within 60 days. I don’t really remember. It’s good to know that one only has 60 to transfer it. We weren’t told that so thank you for the heads up!

I'm on Reflection 11 night Nov 26th - It is also going to ABC Islands, but would only require 10 days off work. My friend just booked a regular veranda with beverage package for less than $1800 pp. It's an option. I understand your dilemma because we are also still working - and raising kids. btw - we also were on Eclipse 10 day in Dec. 2016 - It is the reason we are back on Reflection this year! We loved it!!

I have to laugh. We come to a Cruise board to ask if we should cancel a cruise.... what answer do you think you'd get? I like your style.

And I agree. Keep it. That's a decent deal and will be a fantastic cruise. I wouldn't gamble thinking you'd get a better price. I've never had a cruise drop in price lower than when I booked it.

enjoy

I have to laugh. We come to a Cruise board to ask if we should cancel a cruise.... what answer do you think you'd get? I like your style.

And I agree. Keep it. That's a decent deal and will be a fantastic cruise. I wouldn't gamble thinking you'd get a better price. I've never had a cruise drop in price lower than when I booked it.

enjoy

This is too funny! That's the same thing my hubby told me. He said "do you expect anyone on Cruise Critic to tell you to cancel a cruise?"

We aren't retired and only cruise once a year but we have figured out that we prefer 11 to 14 day cruises because it takes a week just to get into vacation mode - it is a sacrifice, with trade-offs for me because it limits my time off for the rest of the year ( no problem for DH). We did the 14 night Eclipse in February and it was a brilliant cruise! I vote go for it because after doing it I am kicking myself that I didn't know about this itinerary until it was being elimimated.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk