Room Decor Package

I'm considering the Anniversary pack from here (https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/royalgifts/onboard-delivery-product/room-decor/happy-anniversary-room-decor-package/) for my husband and my's 10th in September. Has anyone actually bought it? Does someone from the ship crew set it up, preferably before we arrive at our room?

It's cute, but not cute enough if they just drop off a bag for me to have to set up without him seeing.

We sailed with our son two years ago and he bought us the Anniversary package on Oasis. The room steward set it up while we were all at late dinner on our anniversary night at Chops.. Came back to our room to find things hanging from the ceiling and set up on the bed. Took some pictures and headed to the Schooner Bar to celebrate. Just tried to find a picture but couldn't. My wife will kill me if I have somehow deleted the whole trip, happy cruising

We decorate on every cruise (and we cruise 4-6 times a year). In March of this year, decorations were Easter themed. In April, the decorations were Springtime themed. Have not decided for our June cruise to Alaska,,, a summer theme doesn't seem to match glaciers.

But,,, our decoration are from our local dollar store. Things can be quite festive for a few dollars.

Does anyone have pictures of the current package? The red and gold one?

I know I could do it cheaper myself, from dollar tree/target/etc, but then I have to keep it hidden while packing and somehow get the room to myself to set it up. For me part of the cost is the surprise element.

I always get the Bon Voyage package and have it set up prior to embarkation so that when we first see the room it is already decorated and have the pleasure of it during the entire cruise. I take down all the decorations the night before disembarkation as I am packing my bags and put all of the decorations in my luggage (I paid for them after all so they are mine). Then when I get home I dismantle them and use the parts I can in my scrapbooks.

I'm considering the Anniversary pack from here (https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/royalgifts/onboard-delivery-product/room-decor/happy-anniversary-room-decor-package/) for my husband and my's 10th in September. Has anyone actually bought it? Does someone from the ship crew set it up, preferably before we arrive at our room?

It's cute, but not cute enough if they just drop off a bag for me to have to set up without him seeing.

Did the birthday for my wife once, biggest waste of money ever. A bunch of stuff I could have bought at any party store for under $10 and it cost me $40. Sneak on board in your carry on, find a crew member on your floor and sneak to the room early and decorate.

The DH surprised me with the birthday package last month. It was a special surprise that I loved. The decorations are hung by the steward with magnets and a cling for the mirror. They were up all week. I took them home and plan to reuse them for his birthday next cruise.

Could he have bought stuff at the dollar store ahead of time? Sure but he doesn’t plan like that. So I appreciated the thought and surprise when I walked in the room.

Yes, it is cheaper if you do it yourself. You can TRY to get in early or sneak away to decorate before yourself. I have it done it both ways and I will say that I much prefer to pay the extra and let them do it. I have gotten or brought decorations on all 5 cruises I have been on. Even when it was a themed cruise, then I brought my own but it was no surprise, just so I could find my door easier.

This door has a fish and mine is 5 doors down with the bon voyage sign. Hubby always said, "It's 206 right!" NO, IT'S THE ONE WITH THE MAGNET. Now that I think of it..... He may have been jacking with me. LOLOL

We've had the birthday package twice & our room was all decorated on embarkation.

We are going to have the bon voyage package for our adult kids on our cruise in June as a surprise. Plan to request they decorate on embarkation.