Koningsdam - Pinnacle Grill

Does anybody know if the Pinnacle Grill on the Koningsdam requires men to wear a jacket or will a dress shirt with tie be enough? Thank you for your help. :cool:

I was on the Eurodam last week and wore a collard shirt with no tie during our dinner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like all HAL ships, the dress code of the night applies.
And given that no nights require a jacket and tie anymore, the answer to OP's question is no jacket is required.

That said, I'm surprised that a jacket was required in a specialty restaurant when formal nights were still around.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Forums mobile app

That said, I'm surprised that a jacket was required in a specialty restaurant when formal nights were still around.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Forums mobile app

Why are you surprised? The dress code for the night has always applied in the Pinnacle, prior to the start of Gala Nights. So, on formal nights a jacket would likely have been expected.

Wore my tux last October on Eurodam on Gala night, to the Pinnacle.

Wore my tux last October on Eurodam on Gala night, to the Pinnacle.

Wow, this is probably the definition of 'over dressed' based on today's HAL attire guidelines.

But hey, go for it... I'll be wearing my collard dress shirt, no tie and blue blazer to our PG dinner on our upcoming Eurodam sailing.;)

I commented a few months ago about a couple of guys wearing jeans in PG and was told it was smart casual so they were okay. Just looked out of place to me. Oh well, at least they weren't wearing ball caps.

On other lines, even on 'Formal NIght's, the specialty restaurants have been a respite for those who do not wish to dress formally.

The formal dress code was for the MDR.

If this has been different on HAL, then that is a surprise to me.

But, it seems that smart casual is always acceptable any more... So, moot point!

On other lines, even on 'Formal NIght's, the specialty restaurants have been a respite for those who do not wish to dress formally.

The formal dress code was for the MDR.

If this has been different on HAL, then that is a surprise to me.

But, it seems that smart casual is always acceptable any more... So, moot point!

Ditto, which is why I posted what I did and was surprised when CruiserBruce said that PG required the same dress code as MDR on formal/gala nights

But as you (and I) said it's a non-issue at this point.