Coffee Card and Water

ebrasl

I have two questions. Can anyone use the punches on the coffee card for the drinks (can my husband and I share)? For the bottled water delivered to my room i can't seem to pay with OBC. Why not? thanks!

As I understand it - you may NOT share the punches (as I understand it). I don't know, however, why you couldn't go get one cup of joe and then go back and get another to take to your hubby - but I don't know.

I purchased two cases of water for my DW. Indeed, I had to pay with a CC. The only thing we have been able to pay with (OBC) was excursions.

yes - both can use card for punched coffee, but only one for the 'free' brewed coffee

because that is the Princess policy...to my limited knowledge - the only thing you can pre-book using OBC before being OB is for excursions

As I understand it - you may NOT share the punches (as I understand it). I don't know, however, why you couldn't go get one cup of joe and then go back and get another to take to your hubby - but I don't know.

I purchased two cases of water for my DW. Indeed, I had to pay with a CC. The only thing we have been able to pay with (OBC) was excursions.

Totally wrong regarding the punches. The entire point of the punch system is that you get one specialty coffee or whatever for a punch. It is perfectly fine to share punches. It's only fresh brewed coffee - that is unlimited on the specific cruise for which the card is purchased - that is supposed to be limited to the card owner.

As I understand it - you may NOT share the punches (as I understand it)

You understand incorrectly.

You can only obtain one cup of brewed coffee or premium tea at a time. Which is technically for the cardholder only.

But you may use one, two, or all twelve punches at the same time. For yourself, your spouse, or twelve brand new friends you just met in the Piazza.

And as noted re the second part of the original post, OBC may only be used in advance for excursions. You have to pay the $6.90 per 12-pack of water. And be sure to do it, and all other pre-cruise amenities you purchase, as separate transactions for each one.

Edited by fishywood

I have two questions. Can anyone use the punches on the coffee card for the drinks (can my husband and I share)? For the bottled water delivered to my room i can't seem to pay with OBC. Why not? thanks!

I have a Princess Cruises Premium Coffee card with all 15 punches intact. Let me know if you may be interested in it and we'll work something out. You can email me at amchav@juno.com

Thanks,

Fred

Totally wrong regarding the punches. The entire point of the punch system is that you get one specialty coffee or whatever for a punch. It is perfectly fine to share punches. It's only fresh brewed coffee - that is unlimited on the specific cruise for which the card is purchased - that is supposed to be limited to the card owner.

That's what I get for never buying one of those then. I stand corrected. You couldn't pay me to drink that stuff...:D

I have a Princess Cruises Premium Coffee card with all 15 punches intact. Let me know if you may be interested in it and we'll work something out. You can email me at amchav@juno.com

Thanks,

Fred

I gave two of them to a table mate on our October cruise. It was 28 days and she used them up. :) We had booked that cruise and the one after with the Sip and Sail and I figured if we wanted a coffee card on a cruise after those two we could just buy a new one so I gave mine away. They were both almost completely "unpunched". The person I gave them to was pretty pleased. :)

Interesting, on our past several cruises I have always gone down to the IC in the morning with my coffee card and been given 2 brewed coffees to take back up to our room...

Sent from my SM-G930R6 using Forums mobile app

Yes, it's very common. It's actually far less common for the barista to adhere to the rule that only the card holder can have the fresh-brewed coffee. It may well be one of the reasons Princess is making changes to the coffee card program. Probably not but it's a thought.

Uh oh......Prepare to reap the whirlwind.....:D

Really? How so?

I've never had any problems finding takers here on CC whenever I have these since

we always get 2 complimentary cards from Princess on every cruise.

Thrak, 28-days? Must have been the LA-Hawaii-South Pacific-LA cruise? Ain't

that cruise something? Of our 54 cruises, I rate it right up there!

Really? How so?

I've never had any problems finding takers here on CC whenever I have these since

we always get 2 complimentary cards from Princess on every cruise.

Thrak, 28-days? Must have been the LA-Hawaii-South Pacific-LA cruise? Ain't

that cruise something? Of our 54 cruises, I rate it right up there!

Yep. We only have 9 cruises so far with 3 more booked but we absolutely loved that cruise. :hearteyes: If we manage the 3 we have booked we will finally be elite. Of course we are considering booking another one for early next year. We have a 19 day booked for November and then a 12 day and a 14 day booked for late next year so that leaves a bit of a drought we may fill with another Alaska cruisetour in the earlier part of next year. (Can't cruise during the summer as my wife reserves that time for land trips. I seem to be "adjusting" to retirement just fine. :D)

Just got off the Ruby and had a coffee card. They never asked for ID to make sure it was my card. I could get brewed coffee without a punch. I never asked for 2 brewed at once so not sure about being limited to one at a time. I did however get more than one specialty at a time and they just punched for each one. Waited until I got on board and they were 20% off so only paid 31.00 for 15 drinks.

Yep. We only have 9 cruises so far with 3 more booked but we absolutely loved that cruise. :hearteyes: If we manage the 3 we have booked we will finally be elite. Of course we are considering booking another one for early next year. We have a 19 day booked for November and then a 12 day and a 14 day booked for late next year so that leaves a bit of a drought we may fill with another Alaska cruisetour in the earlier part of next year. (Can't cruise during the summer as my wife reserves that time for land trips. I seem to be "adjusting" to retirement just fine. :D)

(y)(y) 2 thumbs up

I gave two of them to a table mate on our October cruise. It was 28 days and she used them up. :) We had booked that cruise and the one after with the Sip and Sail and I figured if we wanted a coffee card on a cruise after those two we could just buy a new one so I gave mine away. They were both almost completely "unpunched". The person I gave them to was pretty pleased. :)

Wow Thrak i want to be on your cruise!

I've never purchased one before but thinking about it for my upcoming Alaska Ruby cruise in 3 weeks!:)

I still have a coffee card purchased on our last cruise, which was 8 yrs. ago. Didn't use all many punches because I found out the regular brewed coffee didn't require a punch. They said I could use it on a subsequent cruise, but do you think they would honor it after this long or will I need to purchase a new one?

I still have a coffee card purchased on our last cruise, which was 8 yrs. ago. Didn't use all many punches because I found out the regular brewed coffee didn't require a punch. They said I could use it on a subsequent cruise, but do you think they would honor it after this long or will I need to purchase a new one?

They will honor it, but you will use a punch for not only the specialty coffees but brewed as well. Now that new cards being issued have expiration dates, there may be an abundance of coffee cards available. Like Thrak, we gave our two coffee cards to our table mates as we had more than we would use, getting two cards every cruise.

Do you have to pay for the brewed coffee at IC individually if you don't have a coffee card? I don't care about the fancy coffee drinks, just good, strong coffee, better than the buffet coffee. I don't drink enough of the fancy drinks to make buying a coffee card sensible, unless it's for the straight coffee too.

Do you have to pay for the brewed coffee at IC individually if you don't have a coffee card? I don't care about the fancy coffee drinks, just good, strong coffee, better than the buffet coffee. I don't drink enough of the fancy drinks to make buying a coffee card sensible, unless it's for the straight coffee too.

You can purchase brewed coffee at the IC by the cup. Or you could obtain a coffee card and receive unlimited brewed coffee for free on the cruise you first used the card. You could provide anyone else 15 specialty coffees on the same cruise.