Name on Birth certificate and Booking

Cah3

My birth certificate has of course my first name, middle name, last name, and suffix. My booking information has my middle and last name as it’s what I go by. Will this affect me boarding or going to the Bahamas?

The name on your booking should match your travel documentation.

From Carnival’s FAQs:

Names on Travel Documentation

It is important that the guest's full name on the cruise and airline tickets be the same as the guest's non-expired government-issued photo I.D. they plan to use for travel identification. In the event of a different name on the cruise/airline ticket and the guest's photo I.D. as a result of a marriage, divorce or a legal name change, documentation (original or clear, legible copy) supporting this change is required (at embarkation), such as a marriage certificate, marriage license or legal name change court document. Failure to bring documentation bridging the name differences could result in denial of boarding.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Short answer YES - your booking information should match your legal information ie; passport, drivers licence, etc. - this has applied for every cruise line we have ever booked.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I go by my middle name in everyday life, but on the cruise I am always called by my first name. The name on your booking/s&s card must match your government ID. I have spoken with customer service and they cannot change the name on your S&S Card either...Just get used to being called by your first name...It’ll take a little getting used to!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My birth certificate has of course my first name, middle name, last name, and suffix. My booking information has my middle and last name as it’s what I go by. Will this affect me boarding or going to the Bahamas?

I'm still trying to figure out what the Bahamas have to do with this post. All paper work and boarding is done in the U.S. before you depart. Once on board you only need your S&S card and photo ID

I'm still trying to figure out what the Bahamas have to do with this post. All paper work and boarding is done in the U.S. before you depart. Once on board you only need your S&S card and photo ID

It's probably their first cruise and they're covering all the bases by asking. I remember how confused I was those many years ago... and scared someone from my party wouldn't be allowed on-board.

On a side note I think if they had left out Bahamas someone would have asked where they were going. :cool:

Call your travel professional or the customer service number on your booking confirmation to have them include your LEGAL first name on your booking. Depending on which rate you booked at you might have to pay an administrative fee ($50 on Early Saver) for the name change, or cancel the entire booking suffering any time penalties then rebook at the prevailing current rate (Super Saver or Guarantee Cabin) under the correct name.

What will happen if your booking name does not match the name on the federally mandated proofs, your passport or photo ID and Birth Certificate, is that you will be left at the check-in terminal being denied boarding for failure to provide information that matches your booking. Now you might get a soft hearted clerk that refers things to their supervisor who can then escalate the request to the Department of Homeland Security for approval for you to board. But once on board you may not be able to get off in ports as your photo ID must match your Sail-n-Sign card, and foreign port security may not be understanding of the whole known by middle name thing (language or culture barrier).

Also if flying to port your airline tickets must be in your legal name or you can be denied boarding there too.

Call your travel professional or the customer service number on your booking confirmation to have them include your LEGAL first name on your booking. Depending on which rate you booked at you might have to pay an administrative fee ($50 on Early Saver) for the name change, or cancel the entire booking suffering any time penalties then rebook at the prevailing current rate (Super Saver or Guarantee Cabin) under the correct name.

What will happen if your booking name does not match the name on the federally mandated proofs, your passport or photo ID and Birth Certificate, is that you will be left at the check-in terminal being denied boarding for failure to provide information that matches your booking. Now you might get a soft hearted clerk that refers things to their supervisor who can then escalate the request to the Department of Homeland Security for approval for you to board. But once on board you may not be able to get off in ports as your photo ID must match your Sail-n-Sign card, and foreign port security may not be understanding of the whole known by middle name thing (language or culture barrier).

Also if flying to port your airline tickets must be in your legal name or you can be denied boarding there too.

I'm pretty sure that the requirement is that the name must match what is on the official ID that is presented, especially for air travel. Many people use a name other than what is on their birth certificate and while most of them would have some sort of bridging document some don't (and the bridging document isn't necessarily a requirement but it is strongly suggested).

My husband is a Jr and t says so on hid id. My PVP says Catnival does not use the suffix and has never put it on any documents on 5 cruises. We’ve never had a problem.

My husband is also a “Jr” and it has “Jr” on his passport.

One time I did not catch they had left Jr off the reservation and we had to wait for a supervisor’s approval to be checked in.

We were strongly advised to make sure they match for all future sailings....