All-Inclusive Photo Package Quality

S Cary

I'm considering purchasing the All-Inclusive Photo Package for our upcoming cruise in July. I was wondering if the digital copies they give on the USB flash drive are high enough quality for good 8 x 10 prints, or just good enough for sharing on social media and such. Thanks.

The quality is the same as what they print out and display in the photo area of the ship. These can be done in 8X10 if not already displayed that way.

The real question is cost on your trip and how many photos of yourself you really want.

I'm considering purchasing the All-Inclusive Photo Package for our upcoming cruise in July. I was wondering if the digital copies they give on the USB flash drive are high enough quality for good 8 x 10 prints, or just good enough for sharing on social media and such. Thanks.

I purchased the Photo Package, pre-cruise, for our trans-Atlantic on the Regal this past April. I loved it and certainly got our money's worth.

I enjoy scrapbooking, so I especially like all the port disembarkation photos or the photos that have information about the cruise or port included in the border. Special photos such as the Champagne Waterfall, Stanley the Bear, on the Seawalk or with the Captain are all fun memories. Photos include your cabin mate and any photos that either of you are in.

It just took minutes a day to collect the photos and have them scanned on to the cute, ship flash drive. We came home with about 80 photos! :D

The quality is the same as what they print out and display in the photo area of the ship.

Thank you.

It just took minutes a day to collect the photos and have them scanned on to the cute' date=' ship flash drive. We came home with about 80 photos! [/color']:D

Thank you.

I just checked my last drive and they range from 600kb to 1.5mb in size. We had 164 images from a 10 day cruise. (There were 2 other couples and we took a lot of group photos)

Thanks for checking. Those files are pretty small for pictures and suggest a low resolution, but that would be dependent on the compression used. Could you please check the actual resolution of a couple of them? For example: 3200 x 2600. Thank you.

Looked at some from a year or so ago ($99 for the package). A 1.6 meg file was about 2528 by 3028. A 512 k file was 1920 by 2428. The looked fine on a fairly large monitor. Metadata shows taken with a Nikon D7200 at 300 dpi.

This package was $249 US on the Sapphire last week. My travel companion won it in a free raffle. Then he won a dvd. We are both pleased with the quality of all the photos and the number of them.

3220x2687 was the resolution of one of our family portraits. We took advantage of the package and took pics daily. As a group, or just one or 2 of us. We ended up with about 80 pics for the week! Also I suggest buying it pre-cruise, it’s $50 less than getting it once you’re on the ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The quality is the same as what they print out and display in the photo area of the ship. These can be done in 8X10 if not already displayed that way.

The real question is cost on your trip and how many photos of yourself you really want.

I had to laugh. I really don't need pictures of myself. I have a mirror and that's scary enough. Someone just sent us a few snapshots she had taken while on a cruise last year. One of them shows me from behind when it was my turn during one of our 3 scheduled slot pull events. I know I've lost much of my hair and' date=' when it gets cut, I can feel how far back it is missing but I hadn't really ever seen what it looks like from behind and slightly above. OMG! That large, shiny, bald area really does go way back. I did [b']not[/b] need to see that. :eek:

I agree that I am totally content without any pictures of myself. We however travel in three generations. Oddly enough we have very few photos of the three of us together. Though I am cheap as hell, I think the price is well worth it (especially since our next two are 14 days) and think we will cherish these when a day comes and we are only two generations.

Another bonus, is that some of the photos are real atrocities. They work so hard to pose us we just end up looking like bewildered mannequins. They are so god awful they have make excellent gag gifts.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

How do the photos work on Princess- do you have a physical folder, or do they take your cabin number and the photos go straight on your account? NCL did both and it worked well, on our recent MSC cruise you had to go searching for the photos on the wall and then ask them to add to your account, which was a nightmare as the staff had no idea what they were doing.

Thank you all for the informative replies. I just went ahead and ordered the package. This is our first cruise with Princess. We have been cruising with Carnival for over 20 years, but it really seems to have gone downhill. Too many rude, disrespectful people acting like they're at an amusement park instead of on a cruise ship vacation. The final straw was last year on the Lido deck they had a DJ that was playing gangster rap. On one of the songs, we heard "gonna f*ck that b*tch up". This happened while little children were present all around. My wife and I just looked at each other, with the same "did I really just hear that?" look. We're really looking forward to Princess (even though they're owned by Carnival).

We're really looking forward to Princess (even though they're owned by Carnival).

Carnival Cruise Lines does not own Princess.

Carnival Corp owns Princess as well as owning Carnival Cruise Lines, HAL, etc.

Carnival Cruise Lines does not own Princess.

Carnival Corp owns Princess as well as owning Carnival Cruise Lines, HAL, etc.

I didn't say they were owned by Carnival Cruise Lines.