EZ Air Questions to Sydney on Quantis

trbarton

I’ve started looking at flights from San Francisco to Sydney with Ez Air & found a non stop flight on Quantis. When I look at available seats all of the seats that are available are marked with a P which means Premium & it says to contact the airlines to purchase a premium seat.

Anyone had any experience with this & if so what happened?

I’ve used Ez Air before but have not seen this for seat selections. I’m hopeful that someone on CC have used Ez Air on Quantis & can relate as to what they did.

With Ez Air can you talk with someone at Princess that handles Ez Air?

Tom😎

i've booked ezair and once i have the airline confirmation number, i've gone to the airline's site and upgraded my seat online. this was air canada though.

ususally you can't talk to the ezair people, you have to go through the csr's. sigh. i'd try that route first. call princess and tell them what you want and see if they can make it happen.

If it's regular economy you want that has a premium, then yes, call the airline with your Locater # and purchase the assigned seat. Locater numbers are a series of 6 letters and/or digits. Some airlines use only letters; others use a mix.

If you want the premium economy level of service, you can just enter that after you click on "Flight Quotes" and then after you fill out your airport info. then you can choose: Economy, Premium Economy, Business, First.

You could also search EZ-Air directly for Premium seats. In the drop down menu, switch from Economy to Premium. I would think that may allow you to book the seats right away.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

When I click on “Choose Seats” the only option is seats marked with a P with the following “Premium Seat (Call Airline) ”. There is no other option to purchase any other kind of seat. I get the same results with my return flight on Cathy Pacific. No drop down list.

I went onto Quantis site & there is a $30 charge to pre-purchase my seat which surprised me.

All of this a reason to have Princess take me through the steps including seat assignments.

Has anyone been able to talk directly with someone in Ez Air at Princess?

Tom😎

Edited by trbarton

I went onto Quantis site & there is a $30 charge to pre-purchase my seat which surprised me.

Don't be surprised, Qantas is joining other airlines in charging a fee to reserve a seat before a day or two prior to the flight. Delta and Air France are airlines I had to pay to reserve a seat last year.

QANTAS (first registered as Queensland and Northern Territory Aerial Services).

Recently choose seating on Singapore Airlines 6 weeks out from departure and there was a charge for seat selection. It’s free 48 before departure.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have a Ez-air economy flight return on Qantas Syd to SFO, OCT. 2018 and it does not allow me to book seats..called no one can do it, was told by the airline I need to wait until princess pays for flight....interesting about the 30 bucks, no one mentioned that but how can they chagre me when Flight has no been paid for.

I do know BA did this to my GF last year, we both booked EZ air at the same time and I selected my seats right after EZair confirmed, this was several months out...she waited until a month before and was told there was now a charge for pre -selection.

My out going flight is with American and they control the ticket..but still cannot get me seats on the Qantas return.

I booked flights with EZ Air to Australia on Qantas and paid for the flights at the time of booking as Flexible fares where not available. The only seats I could select were the internal flights within Australia, I'm going to Perth before the cruise. I can't recall where I read it, but I don't believe that you are able to select seats without paying the additional fee on the international flights when booking through EZ Air.

I remember several years ago when doing land in to Europe & the UK on several intercontinental flights there was no seat assignments at all due to security.

It is interesting on Qantas, that so many seats are already spoken for on my flight......but I still want the flexibly, so will just have to get what I get in economy. Fight has already been changed once since my booking....Hopefully we will get one aisle seat.

Booked Qantas EZAir to Sydney for the same cruise. Last night, when I went into my cruise personalizer and looked at travel arrangement it showed the flight and allowed me to make seat selection (Premium Economy). Saw available seats (lots but not all). After making choice it said that my request would be forwarded to Qantas.

This may not be fully relevant to the forgoing discussion, but here goes: I booked business class EZair from SFO to Buenos Aires for a cruise departing from there in Feb 2019. All on American Airlines, with flexible EZAir so nothing paid. I was able to select seats on EZAir, and then the record immediately appeared on my AA.com site and I was able to change seats on both flights without any cost or involvement of Princess. Maybe this is because it was business class (by the way, EZAir business class tickets are often a real bargain, well below the airline prices), or maybe because it was American versus Qantas, but thought I'd put forth a "successful" story.

This may not be fully relevant to the forgoing discussion, but here goes: I booked business class EZair from SFO to Buenos Aires for a cruise departing from there in Feb 2019. All on American Airlines, with flexible EZAir so nothing paid. I was able to select seats on EZAir, and then the record immediately appeared on my AA.com site and I was able to change seats on both flights without any cost or involvement of Princess. Maybe this is because it was business class (by the way, EZAir business class tickets are often a real bargain, well below the airline prices), or maybe because it was American versus Qantas, but thought I'd put forth a "successful" story.

It is not a success until you have landed in SA, just sayin...

My Experience is the same as yours. AA allows booking of seats even in economy wit FLEX EZ AIR....my Qantas fight is paired with an outgoing AA flight flight and I was able to book seats. United and Delta EZ air bookings..I have handled myself thru their web sites as well.

My economy flights in Sept. are

AA LAX to SYD booked seats

Qantas SYD TO SFO was told I cannot book seats at this time by Qantas due to non payment of fare nothing was mention about $30 fee, probably in AUS dollars I guess?. But I am planning to check again.

AA SFO TO LAX booked seats

Again no flights or seats are Guaranteed with EZ air or with the airline for that matter. I have used EZ-air in the last year and a half for South America, Singapore/China, Heathrow, Seattle all economy seats...almost all my original flights changed, some just time...so far with SYD 2 flights were totally eliminated. One with Delta and the other with Qantas.

My outgoing LAX South American fight in January 2017 on AA was moved back 3 hours...a few months before depart so be on the look out and my return time changed as well...best laid plans..always seem to change when traveling.......enjoy your cruise.

Edited by land lover

Booked Qantas EZAir to Sydney for the same cruise. Last night, when I went into my cruise personalizer and looked at travel arrangement it showed the flight and allowed me to make seat selection (Premium Economy). Saw available seats (lots but not all). After making choice it said that my request would be forwarded to Qantas.

Said the same thing for me in economy..but then never gave me the seats,next comment told me to contact the airline and I did Qantas told me no go until Princess payment. As I said will check in the next week or so...to ask about the fee.

Business that is not lie flat are usually what you get on EZ air. Check the seat guru to see what you are getting.Yeah it looks good but may not be good. Personally I would never fly that far in the new, crowded coach. I would check the airline web sites.

Also if you are a member of AARP you o through that site to British air and get 5% off. If you have The BA visa, another 10% off. This is significant if booking a business fare which can start at 4k.Probably what I am going to do next year going to LHR.Too old for coach anymore. Time to use the money.

This may not be fully relevant to the forgoing discussion, but here goes: I booked business class EZair from SFO to Buenos Aires for a cruise departing from there in Feb 2019. All on American Airlines, with flexible EZAir so nothing paid. I was able to select seats on EZAir, and then the record immediately appeared on my AA site and I was able to change seats on both flights without any cost or involvement of Princess. Maybe this is because it was business class (by the way, EZAir business class tickets are often a real bargain, well below the airline prices), or maybe because it was American versus Qantas, but thought I'd put forth a "successful" story.

That's because it's AA. They're wonderful about getting your seats assigned way ahead of time. It has nothing to do with your class of service, as that is the only way we fly - via business class or first class.

With QANTAS, British Airways and a few others, you have to pay a seat reservation fee. Super huge bummer, but that's their way of making a little more profit (or a lot - I think we paid $116 per person, per flight with BA = $464 more to our already pricey tickets!).

Don't be surprised, Qantas is joining other airlines in charging a fee to reserve a seat before a day or two prior to the flight. Delta and Air France are airlines I had to pay to reserve a seat last year.

We booked with Qantas Sydney to Hong Kong have to pay $35.00 each to book your seats

We flew non stop from LAX 3 yrs ago, so if anyone has not flown to Sydney, Australia before, it will be roughly a 15 hour flight so whatever day you wish to arrive, be sure you fly out 2 Days before planned arrival. We wanted to arrive March 17 so flew out of LAX on the 15th around 10:30 PM, PST.

Despite talking about AAL earlier, I booked Qantas from SFO to SYD and return through Expedia, which at the time had a much better deal than even Princess EZAir. I booked Premium Economy seats and did not pay anything extra for the seat reservation -- maybe that's a deal on Expedia where the seat fees and included in the price they offer, or maybe it's a feature of Premium Economy. In any case, the subject never came up.

Despite talking about AAL earlier, I booked Qantas from SFO to SYD and return through Expedia, which at the time had a much better deal than even Princess EZAir. I booked Premium Economy seats and did not pay anything extra for the seat reservation -- maybe that's a deal on Expedia where the seat fees and included in the price they offer, or maybe it's a feature of Premium Economy. In any case, the subject never came up.

I knew I recognized your sign in after I posted...so away to Aus we go and then u are on to SA..where else r u gng?... see you on our Aus roll call....:D

Looks like I and DH will be the only ones crunched in economy.....:D with everyone being in PE etc....