Drink Package Available on Day 1 out of NYC?

I've tried to Google this, but my results didn't come up with much. Does the drink package kick in as soon as you're on board in NYC? I've heard that it doesn't on Carnival, but can't seem to find this info for NCL. We're on the Gem sailing on July 21.

Thanks!

Yes, any drinks purchased while docked in NY (or other applicable U.S. port) or shortly after sail a way will be taxed the usual NYC SALES TAX, not to be mistaken for the 15% gratuity. When purchasing drinks without a "plan" you are charged for the drink, gratuity...then the tax on top of that.

Yes, any drinks purchased while docked in NY (or other applicable U.S. port) or shortly after sail a way will be taxed the usual NYC SALES TAX, not to be mistaken for the 15% gratuity. When purchasing drinks without a "plan" you are charged for the drink, gratuity...then the tax on top of that.

20% gratuity will be added to all drinks purchased, plus the sales tax with no package when in port

When we sailed the Getaway a couple of years ago, magically nothing was rung up until we left Miami and were in international waters, so no tax was charged. At least that was my experience with the UBP. Is this typical for NCL?

I've tried to Google this, but my results didn't come up with much. Does the drink package kick in as soon as you're on board in NYC? I've heard that it doesn't on Carnival, but can't seem to find this info for NCL. We're on the Gem sailing on July 21.

Thanks!

Yep, we have had it on the Breakaway out of NYC, the Dawn out of Boston, The Pearl out of NOLA and the Jewel out of someplace. Always started our cruise with lunch and a few drinks in O'Sheehans.

When we sailed the Getaway a couple of years ago, magically nothing was rung up until we left Miami and were in international waters, so no tax was charged. At least that was my experience with the UBP. Is this typical for NCL?

My last cruise 4-7 on Escape was that way....

I've been on the getaway and escape out of Miami - both boats charged me tax on any drinks until about 5 or 6.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk