Can I transfer booking after final payment to different TA, or cancel w/i 24 hrs?

erdoran

I just switched my cruise from 2/2019 to this August-did that yesterday, knowing I was past final payment and can't cancel now without 25% penalty. Cruise is with NCL and I've confirmed I'm in the 25% window.

My "old" cruise had a great incentive attached, and I had called the TA and asked if I switched to this new one, for $$$$ more, could I please keep the incentive - and I would NOT switch unless I got it. After several days of being stalled, I told them to just cancel the original cruise and I'd rebook it with a different TA who is right now offering a short-term substantial OBC. All of a sudden they agreed to give me my incentive-so I sat on hold after hold while the TA talked to her supervisor, switched my cruise, collected full payment, all the while stating I would get my incentive -- but then I got the confirmation. NO incentive!

After another 30 mins of holds and back and forth, I got a story that the TA couldn't add it because of a credit card I had used months ago for the deposit - which wasn't an issue at the time. Next!!! But she promised to work on it today (after almost 2 hrs on the phone!!).

Needless to say, I'm skeptical. What are my options?

1. Can I cancel this NEW cruise within 24 hrs of booking without penalty, the same way I can cancel a plane ticket?

2. Can I transfer the cruise to a different TA - the one offering the major OBC which expires today?

3. Either there was a mistake made or I was lied to, I'm still not sure which - but regardless, there was absolutely no question I was promised an incentive that didn't happen (7 miles/$ spent) and if I cancel I lose $$. I caught this IMMEDIATELY after booking and am giving the TA till end of day to make it right. What other recourse do I have IF I can't transfer my booking and they don't make it right?

I'm really angry and upset right now because I'm not accustomed to doing business in this way - being told one thing until they have my money and then getting a nonsense excuse.

Thanks!

I just switched my cruise from 2/2019 to this August-did that yesterday, knowing I was past final payment and can't cancel now without 25% penalty. Cruise is with NCL and I've confirmed I'm in the 25% window.

My "old" cruise had a great incentive attached, and I had called the TA and asked if I switched to this new one, for $$$$ more, could I please keep the incentive - and I would NOT switch unless I got it. After several days of being stalled, I told them to just cancel the original cruise and I'd rebook it with a different TA who is right now offering a short-term substantial OBC. All of a sudden they agreed to give me my incentive-so I sat on hold after hold while the TA talked to her supervisor, switched my cruise, collected full payment, all the while stating I would get my incentive -- but then I got the confirmation. NO incentive!

After another 30 mins of holds and back and forth, I got a story that the TA couldn't add it because of a credit card I had used months ago for the deposit - which wasn't an issue at the time. Next!!! But she promised to work on it today (after almost 2 hrs on the phone!!).

Needless to say, I'm skeptical. What are my options?

1. Can I cancel this NEW cruise within 24 hrs of booking without penalty, the same way I can cancel a plane ticket?

2. Can I transfer the cruise to a different TA - the one offering the major OBC which expires today?

3. Either there was a mistake made or I was lied to, I'm still not sure which - but regardless, there was absolutely no question I was promised an incentive that didn't happen (7 miles/$ spent) and if I cancel I lose $$. I caught this IMMEDIATELY after booking and am giving the TA till end of day to make it right. What other recourse do I have IF I can't transfer my booking and they don't make it right?

I'm really angry and upset right now because I'm not accustomed to doing business in this way - being told one thing until they have my money and then getting a nonsense excuse.

Thanks!

Sorry for your frustrations. But I see equal frustrations for your travel agent.

You mention 7miles/$ spent incentive.......am I right to assume it is the "airline" credit card and you are booking through them? When making the original booking did you use that airline credit card? If not, then your TA is right. You do not get that incentive if you did not use that card and book through them.

I suppose you can cancel, pay the penalty (since there is no way out of it) and then book fresh with whoever you want.

Sorry for your frustrations. But I see equal frustrations for your travel agent.

You mention 7miles/$ spent incentive.......am I right to assume it is the "airline" credit card and you are booking through them? When making the original booking did you use that airline credit card? If not, then your TA is right. You do not get that incentive if you did not use that card and book through them.

I suppose you can cancel, pay the penalty (since there is no way out of it) and then book fresh with whoever you want.

The deal was 6 mi/$ with any credit card I want (confirmed!!) and 7 mi/$ with airline card. I received that bonus for my previous booking and I did NOT change my cards - they referenced the card I used for a single payment at the time I made the booking AND received the 6 mi/$ bonus, so it is nothing new. If it was an issue it would have been raised at that time.

Well, the TA came through - I must say I was skeptical after some other issues I've had, but she just called and I've confirmed they are on my reservation. WAHOO!! Off to Alaska, no longer feeling ripped off!

Well, the TA came through - I must say I was skeptical after some other issues I've had, but she just called and I've confirmed they are on my reservation. WAHOO!! Off to Alaska, no longer feeling ripped off!

Glad it was resolved. Enjoy your cruise.