Adventure OTS - Will we make our flight?

We booked this ship for 10/21/18 and just got notification that Delta moved up our flight out of FLL up from 9:45 to 9:15 AM. Normally, this is not an issue as we are experienced cruisers who take our own luggage off and have TSA pre check. However, we’ve not been on this class ship before so don’t know what to expect.

Don’t want to wait around at the airport for hours, but also want to be realistic that we may need to get on the 10:30 flight...

What time does Adventure usually return to FLL and what’s the debarkation like?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

... What time does Adventure usually return to FLL and what’s the debarkation like?

Adventure is not yet sailing from Ft. Lauderdale, so we don't have any history to report. I'd pick a later flight.

Again- we’ve cruised with Royal many times and booked early flights (before 10 AM) with no issue and felt comfortable doing so on Oasis, Quantum and Freedom ships.

Just looking for opinions on this particular ship which is in Voyager class.

As Clarea (thank you) mentioned Adventure hasn’t sailed out of FLL before, we will give ourselves more time.

We are all set!

Again- we’ve cruised with Royal many times and booked early flights (before 10 AM) with no issue and felt comfortable doing so on Oasis, Quantum and Freedom ships.

Just looking for opinions on this particular ship which is in Voyager class.

As Clarea (thank you) mentioned Adventure hasn’t sailed out of FLL before, we will give ourselves more time.

We are all set!

You will probably make it. The question is....the night before arrival will you be worried about making the flight. If so, I would take a later flight. If you are connecting through ATL, they have flights almost every hour.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You will probably make it. The question is....the night before arrival will you be worried about making the flight. If so, I would take a later flight. If you are connecting through ATL, they have flights almost every hour.

Thank you! Yes, we are connecting through ATL. We know that there’s a risk with an early flight and won’t be loosing any sleep over it. Will go to breakfast at 6AM and then hit the walk off line and customs, followed by Uber to the airport.

We are trying a few new things on this cruise- Guarantee cabin and MTD. Might as well thrown in an early flight.[emoji3]

Thank you! Yes, we are connecting through ATL. We know that there’s a risk with an early flight and won’t be loosing any sleep over it. Will go to breakfast at 6AM and then hit the walk off line and customs, followed by Uber to the airport.

We are trying a few new things on this cruise- Guarantee cabin and MTD. Might as well thrown in an early flight.[emoji3]

If you happen to miss your flight by a short amount of time, be nice to the gate agent and explain your problem in a polite manner. The agent has the authority to put you on the standby list (category “C” “Flat tire standby”, for the next flight, with no charge. They don’t have to do this, but if you are nice, most will. The problem you will run into at FLL, is that on cruise days, the later flights are probably booked full. You may have a long day at the airport.

Just off NCL Getaway in Miami....there were customs delays at disembarkation, and many self-assist passengers were very upset that they missed their flights. Just be aware that this kind of thing can happen.

We are trying a few new things on this cruise- Guarantee cabin and MTD. Might as well thrown in an early flight

The ship doesn't matter as much as issues, if any, at port. Assuming no issues and you are in line for self-assist early, you can be at FLL within one hour of ship arrival.

What about the mobile app for disembarkation in FLL? Would that help speed the OP's disembarkation as well?

Maybe, but if they are in the self-assist line early, there won't be much diff between the regular line and the Mobile Passport line.

My strategy would be to reserve a later morning flight and try and sweet talk the gate agent into allowing me to standby on earlier flight if I made it. The mid morning flights on Saturdays and Sundays are often oversold so they will probably be looking for volunteers anyway.

Last year coming off Allure I carried my own bags, am a Globe Entry member and used the Mobile Passport app. Went to swipe my SeaPass card and turns out I got flagged for additional screening and ended up spending an hour or so with the nice folks down at CBP going through my suitcases.

There is always a chance of delays that may come up. In my last three RC cruises self-disembarking as early as possible I’ve been either sitting at the gate (SJU and FLL) or at home (an hour drive from SEA port) by 8:00.