Single Supplement

lneilan

Do you know how to find out because that info is hard to locate.

I would recommend you contact HAL directly with a few itineraries/ships in mind. That’s the quickest way to get the info on solo traveler pricing.

Besides the date, ship, and itinerary, it depends on the cabin category. I've paid less than 100% on insides and outsides, but balconies and suites are going to be double. Best way to find out is to do a mock booking.

Roz

It depends on the ship/sail date. It can be up to 100% single supplement.

Your question is too vague. I can vary by ship, where it is sailing and when. more facts needed. ;)

It used to be less than 100% a few years ago if you went with a lower grade cabin. However, now I'm finding it 100% f(except for taxes and port fees) or any grade cabin on any sailing I've inquired about. Because of this I'm sailing a lot less on HAL.

I believe the Koningsdam actually has some “solo traveler” cabins, but I’ve never checked the pricing.

That's correct, the Koningsdam has single cabins. They're in the front of the ship, and oddly shaped because they're in the "curve". When pricing single cabins on any line, you need to do a comparison with the price of a "regular" cabin. Sometimes the single cabin is more expensive, for reasons I can't explain.

Roz

The single supplement varies - depending on itinerary and ship- most significantly upon how close you are to sailing date. Before marrying, I regularly booked last minute - sailing solo. When there were unsold cabins, the fare dropped somewhat - but the single supplement dropped a lot - sometimes from 100% to 25% .

I have paid about 165% for three of the cruises I have done on HAL (Panama Canal, Hawaii, Tahiti, and the Marquesas, and the GWV). I paid 200% (which seems to be fairly standard) for Alaska.

I have booked one of the two solo cabins on the Prinsendam for my next cruise and it was $4000 less than the cheapest ocean view with solo supplement. This was a good deal but as Roz mentioned above, solo cabins (on any cruise line) are not always the cheapest.

I have paid about 165% for three of the cruises I have done on HAL (Panama Canal, Hawaii, Tahiti, and the Marquesas, and the GWV). I paid 200% (which seems to be fairly standard) for Alaska.

I have booked one of the two solo cabins on the Prinsendam for my next cruise and it was $4000 less than the cheapest ocean view with solo supplement. This was a good deal but as Roz mentioned above, solo cabins (on any cruise line) are not always the cheapest.

Wow, Nana. $4,000 is a lot of money. Good for you for snagging one of those solo cabins.

Roz

It used to be less than 100% a few years ago if you went with a lower grade cabin. However, now I'm finding it 100% f(except for taxes and port fees) or any grade cabin on any sailing I've inquired about. Because of this I'm sailing a lot less on HAL.

I paid 200% on NCL in a cabin intended for two persons.

Well done. !! C ongatulations.

Like Roz said, just do a mock booking. Change the default “1” on number of pax to “2” and proceed. The cost (including SS) will be listed.

Oops. Definitely needed coffee. Should read “change the default ‘2’ to ‘1’.

The single supplement varies - depending on itinerary and ship- most significantly upon how close you are to sailing date. Before marrying, I regularly booked last minute - sailing solo. When there were unsold cabins, the fare dropped somewhat - but the single supplement dropped a lot - sometimes from 100% to 25% .

That has been my strategy. But I can do that because I live at one Pacific port and within 3 hours' travel of another. However, I've even done it for some Ft. Lauderdale sailings: Planning on a specific cruise, I'll book an air fare that can be cancelled (SWA) and a hotel that can be cancelled -- sometimes booking close to a year in advance if it's a cruise that I particularly want. Then, after final payment date for the cruise, I'll start watching the price. When I believe that the fare has bottomed out (or the supplement is significantly reduced) I'll book the cruise. So far this strategy hasn't failed...but there's always the chance that the cruise will sell out or the price will increase.