Use your OBC emails from Princess

wishfulone

We're elite and have 2 unused future cruise deposits with Princess. We're getting heaps of email offers encouraging us to use these. It's weird because the FCD are not due to expire and Princess are only offering local cruises which we've done in the past. We're just not interested in doing them again. Is anyone else getting these somewhat inappropriate emails?

I am not sure why they are in appropriate. I suspect Princess has research that shows you are more likely to be interested in the ones they are sending you. You can always delete them or ask to be removed from the list.

Try this...

go to your account on Princess.com and open your Account/profile information...

scroll down to

Receive Offers and News

click on 'Edit' and opt out of that stuff.

Note: this would not be my choice because we like the emails, especially the Drop n Go notices that have great last minute offerings.

We cruise a lot across different lines so you can well imagine how many cruising emails we receive each and every day ... well, between the cruiselines and different travel agents we've used in the past, it gets to be quite the chore to delete them all out of my inbox daily.

Well, I don't know what made me open one from Princess this one day but yikes, good thing I didn't simply delete that one without checking it out. I booked a couple of cruises with the special pricing they were giving to past passengers before. I got quite the deal on two future sailings, now which are both nearly sold out and pricing for the available rooms are 3 times what I paid. So, now I am hesitant to change my settings on the emails I receive, especially from Princess.

But, I understand that the constant barrage of email advertisements are annoying and if they are, simply go in on Princess (or any other sites that allow you to do this) and change your settings to what you want to see. It will be located under 'My Account' and then 'Profile Settings' when you log in under your name. It will even give you an option as to receive offers by itinerary and how you would like to be notified (ie: mail, phone, email)

The thread title is misleading. It's not mail about "Use your OBC" but mail about "Use your FCD". Big difference. We have no problem receiving email from Princess. We also get a fair amount of snail mail. The ones that get me are the offers for promotions we have already taken advantage of on cruises we have already booked. They don't bother me but do make me chuckle a bit. Of course it's not as if the PR department has a clue who has booked what.

My best recent offer from Princess e-mails was a balcony cabin on the 6/5/18, Grand Princess to Alaska. For a 10-day cruise, it was $999.00 per person, plus port taxes.

I repeat itineraries all the time. If it's someplace that I like, I will go back again. I equate it to owning a vacation home, except that my home is the cruise ship and I don't have to deal with the cooking, cleaning, or maintenance.

Keep the emails coming!