Royal Caribbean novice with some questions

We are Diamond on RC thanks to cruises on Celebrity, if that status makes a difference in helping me with my questions. We will be sailing Liberty out of Galveston.

First, as always, the information I’ve read on these boards the last few weeks has been far more helpful than the Royal Caribbean website!

Internet - There are four adults traveling in 2 cabins (only 2 of us Diamond). For internet connectivity, not streaming, what’s the best way to order? From the website it appears you can only pre-order surf & stream. I see that surf & stream, so presumably surf only as well, is sold by number of devices - is that devices in use at one time? DH and I each have a phone and a tablet, but we wouldn’t be using all 4 of those at once.

In room alcohol - I’m a rum and Diet Coke girl. The available package is rum and Coke. Will they substitute the mixer? Also, the package shows Bacardi Gold; I suppose that is what it is, and I wouldn’t be able to substitute Silver?

Thanks so much for your help!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are Diamond on RC thanks to cruises on Celebrity, if that status makes a difference in helping me with my questions. We will be sailing Liberty out of Galveston.

First, as always, the information I’ve read on these boards the last few weeks has been far more helpful than the Royal Caribbean website!

Internet - There are four adults traveling in 2 cabins (only 2 of us Diamond). For internet connectivity, not streaming, what’s the best way to order? From the website it appears you can only pre-order surf & stream. I see that surf & stream, so presumably surf only as well, is sold by number of devices - is that devices in use at one time? DH and I each have a phone and a tablet, but we wouldn’t be using all 4 of those at once.

In room alcohol - I’m a rum and Diet Coke girl. The available package is rum and Coke. Will they substitute the mixer? Also, the package shows Bacardi Gold; I suppose that is what it is, and I wouldn’t be able to substitute Silver?

Thanks so much for your help!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes, The internet connection is per device at one time. So you can log out of phone and log in on a different device. You basically pay on a per password basis. 4 device package, you get 4 passwords

For the Diet coke, The package is only sold with regular coke, but I would be willing to bet that if you went to a bar or other location that have cans, I'm sure they would swap them for you, especially if a few dollars in cash tip were involved.

EDIT: Just to add, I bet even your room attendant can switch out your soda cans for you.

dp

Edited by dpostman

Internet - There are four adults traveling in 2 cabins (only 2 of us Diamond). For internet connectivity, not streaming, what’s the best way to order?

Liberty has O3B internet and you can probably make do with Surf only. In that case, for a 7 day sailing on which you are willing to share a package, you are better off buying on board using your D discount. Get the 24 hr package on day 2 with one coupon (you'll have land based cell access till dinner on day 1) and then apply the second coupon ($23 off) to the remaining days package on day 3.

The number of devices means simultaneous connections. You can use all 4 devices on a 1 device plan if you want, just 1 device at a time. My wife and I regularly do that. As Diamond, you each get one 24 hour period of surf or $23 discount off a package. If a 1 device plan is enough, use one 24 hour period first, then use the other $23 discount to purchase the remaining days.

A heads up to avoid the mistake that I just made...We are also sailing with 4 adults in 2 cabins. I decided to get the 2 device package so that each cabin could share one password and not need to coordinate logins between cabins. I chose the 2 device package on my cruise planner and it asked me to select cruisers. I knew that it didn't matter who used the password so long as only one device at a time, and I assumed this was yet another Royal web site issue. I checked myself and my wife. I was charged for 2 different 2 device packages. The web site was actually asking which people want to purchase a 2 device package. Royal quickly credited my card for one of packages with a phone call so no concerns. Just remember when they ask you to select people, you are saying that you want to purchase a different package for each person that you select. If you only want one package, click on only one person.

Since you are Diamond, you will have access to the Diamond lounge. In addition to the free drinks each night between approx 5:30 and 8:30 (hours vary by ship), you should be able to switch any canned drinks there for Diet Coke without any problem whatsoever. Also, you get 3 free drinks loaded onto your Seapass card to use during the same hours as the Diamond lounge is open. These can be used for your rum and Diet Coke drinks. As Diamond, when you fill in your personal gift preference check Diet Coke and a can of it will be waiting in your cabin when you arrive.The "gift" isn't much, but at least that give you a canned Diet Coke to start off your cruise. We took our first cruise on Celebrity last year and as Diamond, enjoyed the Elite perks. One of the things we really appreciated was the easy access to CANNED drinks. On RC, you usually get fountain drinks. Canned drinks are harder to come by.