Laundry Facility on Golden

Wpooh1968

Can anyone offer insight to the laundry facilities on Golden or other Princess ship, please? We will be travelling 17 days and I would rather do some laundry than pay for another piece of luggage. I'm speaking of the washer/dryers....price, laundry soap available for purchase on board? TIA

$3 to wash, $3 to dry, $1.50 to purchase products (bring your own Tide pods!). They work with a swipe from your KTTW card which enables you to purchase "tokens." If the token machine is broken, go to Passenger Services desk to purchase (I've never encountered a broken one, but read about them here).

Depending on the length of the cruise, the laundry rooms may be quite busy or totally empty. On our 20 night cruise, I had to wait briefly for a machine. They are well maintained and kept clean.

I typically go to the laundry room without my stuff to see how busy it is, then go back to the cabin and get my laundry. Of course there is a risk of someone coming and using all the machines while I'm gone, but I really don't want to carry my stuff down only to find that the machines are all in use. There were no timers on the machines....the washers take about 30 minutes or a little less. There are a few chairs in the room. You can take a book and wait there or come back in a reasonable time.

There is usually a laundry room on each of the decks that are passenger cabins. They alternate front and back. So the nearest one by be up or down a flight of schools rather than walking to the far end.

$3 to wash' date=' $3 to dry, $1.50 to purchase products (bring your own Tide pods!). They work with a swipe from your KTTW card which enables you to purchase "tokens." If the token machine is broken, go to Passenger Services desk to purchase (I've never encountered a broken one, but read about them here).

I had to look that one up. Apparently the KTTW card is a "Key to the World" card and is a Disney thing. Carnival has the 'Sail and Sign" card. As this is a Princess forum you are likely to totally confuse people. Princess calls their card a Cruise Card which is what will be universally understood in the Princess forums.

• Like 1

Thanks all for your pointers. We are on a 7 day cruise, 6 day land with a few days before and after each. I use Tide pods at home, so can just toss some in luggage with some dryer sheets. We have done 12 cruises on Norwegian, which has no laundry facility so this is a new option that I like. :D

Thanks all for your pointers. We are on a 7 day cruise, 6 day land with a few days before and after each. I use Tide pods at home, so can just toss some in luggage with some dryer sheets. We have done 12 cruises on Norwegian, which has no laundry facility so this is a new option that I like. :D

Depending on where you will be, I typically find it easier and more cost effective to do laundry at a hotel/lodge/resort than on the ships if it fits with my schedule.

I had to look that one up. Apparently the KTTW card is a "Key to the World" card and is a Disney thing. Carnival has the 'Sail and Sign" card. As this is a Princess forum you are likely to totally confuse people. Princess calls their card a Cruise Card which is what will be universally understood in the Princess forums.

This is why all of us at Cruise Critic like Thrak so much. :D He knows so much and most of the time he’s right. Have one on me my friend :whiskey-glass:.

The Captain of The Rowboat,

Tony