2018 Royal Princess BI, Alfredo's Open embarkation?

smm0218

We were going to meet some new friends at Alfredo's for lunch on embarkations day. I know the buffet and one of the dining rooms will be open, and I had thought I read somewhere that Alfredo's and the International Cafe will also be open but I can't find it now.

Anyone here that can give me a quick answer.

Thanks

Sandi

We were going to meet some new friends at Alfredo's for lunch on embarkations day. I know the buffet and one of the dining rooms will be open, and I had thought I read somewhere that Alfredo's and the International Cafe will also be open but I can't find it now.

Anyone here that can give me a quick answer.

Thanks

Sandi

The IC is open 24/7 and every ship with Alfredo’s Pizzeria was open during embarkation. :)

Three cruises on the Royal . Alfredo’s always open for embarkation lunch. It has become our go to place. Way less crowded than Buffet and no time challenge as with MDR. IC is always open and heavily used.

Three cruises on the Royal . Alfredo’s always open for embarkation lunch. It has become our go to place. Way less crowded than Buffet and no time challenge as with MDR. IC is always open and heavily used.

We were recently on the Royal for a BI cruise and our first stop after boarding was Alfredo's for lunch. Since the rooms were not ready, [access after 1:PM] and we were hauling our carry on luggage, avoiding the first day chaos of the Horizon Court/Bistro was paramount. We ordered a few salad/appetizers, excellent minestrone soup, two pizzas, and a couple of the light entrees...for the 5 of us to share. Oh, the carafe of sangria was very good, too. It was quiet and relaxing. By the time we finished our meal, the cabins were open and our luggage was outside the door.

Darcy

We were recently on the Royal for a BI cruise and our first stop after boarding was Alfredo's for lunch. Since the rooms were not ready, [access after 1:PM] and we were hauling our carry on luggage, avoiding the first day chaos of the Horizon Court/Bistro was paramount. We ordered a few salad/appetizers, excellent minestrone soup, two pizzas, and a couple of the light entrees...for the 5 of us to share. Oh, the carafe of sangria was very good, too. It was quiet and relaxing. By the time we finished our meal, the cabins were open and our luggage was outside the door.

Darcy

Thanks, Darcy. I may have to rearrange our carry on stuff so I can have some of it delivered to our cabin (not CPAP, prescriptions etc) and have less stuff to haul around, if we manage to get there early.

Thanks, Darcy. I may have to rearrange our carry on stuff so I can have some of it delivered to our cabin (not CPAP, prescriptions etc) and have less stuff to haul around, if we manage to get there early.

The staff at Alfredo's assisted in arranging the carry-on luggage near our table; seems they are accustom to doing this for passengers who stop there for lunch prior to the cabins being ready. There appears to be more space between tables than in the MDR. All 5 of us had carry on cases, a couple of small back packs and DH & I had a rather large duffel bag filled with soiled laundry, awaiting access to the self-serve washers & dryers.

Darcy

The staff at Alfredo's assisted in arranging the carry-on luggage near our table; seems they are accustom to doing this for passengers who stop there for lunch prior to the cabins being ready. There appears to be more space between tables than in the MDR. All 5 of us had carry on cases, a couple of small back packs and DH & I had a rather large duffel bag filled with soiled laundry, awaiting access to the self-serve washers & dryers.

Darcy

Good to know

Thanks

Sandi