WWYD Babies in Haven Pool/Hot tub

Rileyz

Yes, now swimsuit without diapers. Hotel director has been called and his response was less then stellar. Seemed annoyed but said he’d look into it. He tried to tell it’s ok if they have on swim pants if they are potty trained. At 1 and 2+ they are not, which is obvious by the diapers they wear 24/7. I don’t like that they make me seem like the bad guy. It’s gross, against rules and I’m not comfortable using that hot tub now.

In all honesty, especially if the Hotel Director really does not do anything after the concierge just seemed to let it go, I would lower or eliminate my DSC for something like this.

Unfortunately, by now, this has been a festering issue, and NOW is the time to address it, not when you get home and send an email or phone corporate, these people need to correct this situation NOW, by officers or whoever, maybe even security. This is a health issue. They need to be brought to the hot tub, when these people are in it and told what for in no uncertain terms. Yes, you have internet, compose a letter, if you can attach photos do so, and NOW send it to corporate, and if you can print off a copy and hand it to the hotel manager, with what you want done, and what compensation you want, because you have been denied access to one of the perks of your cruise.

In all honesty, especially if the Hotel Director really does not do anything after the concierge just seemed to let it go, I would lower or eliminate my DSC for something like this.
Since the Hotel Director nor the Concierge are not part of the DSC pool, it really doesn't make sense to punish the rest of the crew, especially since NCL probably wouldn't care about your reasoning to do this.

Since the Hotel Director nor the Concierge are not part of the DSC pool, it really doesn't make sense to punish the rest of the crew, especially since NCL probably wouldn't care about your reasoning to do this.

You are correct. I forgot about that.

This is a serious public health issue for anyone in Haven unknowingly step into the pool/hot tube ... and, good grief, anywhere else that those folks might be touching or coming into contact with, I would have good reasons to question their unwelcomed personal hygiene habits ... in my line of work, we classify these in our "Incident Reports" as infection control matters - the affected areas should be closed, roped off & marked for Hazmat until approved disinfection measures are implemented & signed off.

If I am not mistaken, a quick lookup earlier showed that she is on an Alaska itinerary and will be docking again at a U.S. port along its stop. Please let the ship's upper management know, as they shouldn't, this is a serious issue and already on CC before it escalate further up the chain.

There are other means of communicating via established social media channels, just in case. As for taking the pictures of unclothed young children, it can be easily dealt with using a simple photo editing software/app to mask sensitive body parts and/or faces, etc. easily. Sometimes, to play ball is to go for the hardball & fast one. If the Haven crew members are ignoring you and choosing to keep quiet, they aren't doing their job but by not taking steps to close off the area to keep out other unsuspecting guests, they are risk far more than goodwills and tips ... think Norovirus.

So sorry for OP to be dealing with this, even if this took place in the main or kiddie pool.

If you're taking photos to email, it would be wise to have photos of them with the diapers on too. While the youngest should be a no brainer that they still require diapers, some kids do potty train early if the kid looks 2+. Obviously the kid is not, but a photo of the kid in a swimsuit won't illustrate the problem.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Truly gross. I would not let this issue drop. Keep bringing it to someone's attention until action is taken.
While this is an obvious in your face gross issue...... I am curious if everyone advising to take pictures and contacting HD, Corporate NCL, CDC, USPHS, NASA, etc..... do the same when they witness 10 adults who spend 5 hours in the main hot tub taking full advantage of the UBP yet never seem to leave to go to the rest room..... they either have a bladder the size of a 100 gallon drum or they don't..... not looking to be attacked but just making an observation

While this is an obvious in your face gross issue...... I am curious if everyone advising to take pictures and contacting HD, Corporate NCL, CDC, USPHS, NASA, etc..... do the same when they witness 10 adults who spend 5 hours in the main hot tub taking full advantage of the UBP yet never seem to leave to go to the rest room..... they either have a bladder the size of a 100 gallon drum or they don't..... not looking to be attacked but just making an observation
Big difference, as you can't get Noro, cryptosporidiom, gardiasis or e.coli from pee. FWIW, I don't go into any public pool or hot tub, because of what can happen in them.

I actually started reading this thread to defend children in the swimming pools.. NCL BA with this spring we had an issue where a few adults were hanging out in the pool near the kids aqua park, she was super annoyed that the kids were playing a game of pool volleyball with a small beachball and tried to pop their ball. Just seemed really unreasonable to spoil the fun for all those kids just cause she didn’t want to get splashed, especially since the main pool doesn’t allow children.... anyway.. I was all set to defend the rights of kids to enjoy themselves right up until I read that these kids are in diapers outside the pool and they’re still allowing them in.. 🤢 that’s just not ok. I would not let this issue drop. Maybe you can inform the hotel director you intend to contact the CDC vessel sanitation program at the next port to complain if they don’t immediately address the problem and sanitize the pool and spas.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

True, and this is the main reason we generally avoid ship hot tubs. But urine, while gross, is one thing, but feces carry a whole slew of other health hazards. Babies don't know the difference. Adults in the hotub usually do, unless they really really have taken extra advantage of the UBP.

Big difference, as you can't get Noro, cryptosporidiom, gardiasis or e.coli from pee. FWIW, I don't go into any public pool or hot tub, because of what can happen in them.
While I agree there's a difference, the OP hasn't indicated that there has been anything found in the pool or hot tub so it's identical to my example.....

and for what it's worth.... I have the same strategy as you in public pools etc ESPECIALLY since I read a CDC article that the reason your eyes burn or your lungs get irritated while in / around a public pool is not because of the chlorine but from urine and other bodily fluids: https://www.cdc.gov/healthywater/swimming/swimmers/rwi/chemical-irritants.html

I don't agree with saying anything to the offending person, just go directly to the Hotel Director, because if you don't go, how will they ever find out since the Concierge is to afraid of losing his tip to address the issue. I would, however, take a picture and if it is not solved, send it to corporate upon your return, as this person is risking the health of everyone who steps in that pool.

Let us know how it turns out.

Holy moly they are risking the lives, let alone health, of their own children! Small children should not be in a hot tub period!

Okay folks... here goes.... swim diapers are only intended to absorb fecal waste (aka...poop).... the swim diapers are designed to let the pee run out... so I ask all of you... with the booze package ... how many passengers in the deep end drinking while in the pool bother to get out ??? I bet if we are honest with each other the numbers would blur your vision...

Okay folks... here goes.... swim diapers are only intended to absorb fecal waste (aka...poop).... the swim diapers are designed to let the pee run out... so I ask all of you... with the booze package ... how many passengers in the deep end drinking while in the pool bother to get out ??? I bet if we are honest with each other the numbers would blur your vision...
Swim diapers don't absorb fecal waste, they simply contain it. Swim diapers are essentially a manure teabag. Some cruise lines and most land-based pools are set up to properly to sanitize the water when used by children in swim diapers, but not NCL.That is why children in swim diapers are not (supposed to be) allowed to use pools or hot tubs NCL ships.

Swim diapers don't absorb fecal waste, they simply contain it. Swim diapers are essentially a manure teabag. Some cruise lines and most land-based pools are set up to properly to sanitize the water when used by children in swim diapers, but not NCL.That is why children in swim diapers are not (supposed to be) allowed to use pools or hot tubs NCL ships.
Not just an NCL regulation ...... any US based ship with Disney, Carnival, RCCL for example are all subject to US Public Health Services and CDC enforcement that state non-potty trained children cannot use pools or hot tubs. Many cruise lines have "splash zones" to allow these children and parents to enjoy the water without endangering other guests.

Not just an NCL regulation ...... any US based ship with Disney, Carnival, RCCL for example are all subject to US Public Health Services and CDC enforcement that state non-potty trained children cannot use pools or hot tubs. Many cruise lines have "splash zones" to allow these children and parents to enjoy the water without endangering other guests.

Only RCI ((some ships) and DCL have splash areas for diapered kids.

Not to say that it’s ok and isn’t their job to deal with issues like this. But just to play devil’s advocate and look at it from their side; I can imagine the situation from the employee’s side. They are being asked to enforce a policy that is based on self reporting by the parents. And some people lie and deny when they want something.

There’s a rule about no swim diapers that’s easy to enforce so when confronted, the swim diapers went away. There’s no hard rules about the age of the child that’s easy to enforce. And when the employee tells the mother that the children must be potty trained to swim, and she says they are potty trained, there’s nowhere to go from that. They aren’t detectives putting together a case trying to prove that she’s lying. They are service employees trying to balance customer satisfaction with maintaining the rules. And when customers do things like this it puts them in a really bad position. They will never get her to admit her children aren’t potty trained. So that only leaves them banning her from the pool. In which case she will be the one complaining to corporate that her children got banned from the pool for absolutely no reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums