A Helpful Email From Celebrity!!

helen haywood

I just got an email from Celebrity today regarding my OBC for my cruise tomorrow on Equinox. It detailed the amount of OBC I had for this cruise, both from Celebrity and from my TA (not separately but added together.) It shows what the amount was to start with and how much I’ve used on pre-purchases and the balance remaining. How helpful!!! No more printing your invoice to perhaps have to use at Guest Relations if the OBC doesn’t show up...no wait and wonder. Thank you Celebrity!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I just got an email from Celebrity today regarding my OBC for my cruise tomorrow on Equinox. It detailed the amount of OBC I had for this cruise, both from Celebrity and from my TA (not separately but added together.) It shows what the amount was to start with and how much I’ve used on pre-purchases and the balance remaining. How helpful!!! No more printing your invoice to perhaps have to use at Guest Relations if the OBC doesn’t show up...no wait and wonder. Thank you Celebrity!!

When you board tomorrow, switch on the TV and no OBC is added to your account you will know normal IT service has been resumed! I would take that invoice just in case....

Have a wonderful cruise!

Celebrity Cruises

Online Check-in Shore Excursions Beverage Packages Specialty Dining Onboard Services Spa Treatments

Dear,

Thank you for placing your reservation with Celebrity Cruises. A summary of your order history appears below.

Cruise Sailing Summary

Reservation Number:

Cruise:7 Night Western Caribbean Cruise

Ship Name:Celebrity Equinox

Date of Departure:02-Jun-2018

Departing From:Miami, Florida

Guest 1:

Guest 2:

Onboard Credit Summary

Available Credit:500.00 USD

Used Credit:165.20 USD

Remaining Credit Balance:334.80 USD

Outstanding Balance Due:0.00 USD

If you require assistance with your online purchase(s) above, you may contact us at 1-800-722-5941 and we will do all we can to make this your best vacation ever. We look forward to welcoming you aboard soon!

Terms and Conditions

These terms and conditions relate only to the use of promotional on-board credit that you may have received as a benefit under a promotion ("Promotional OBC"). Promotional OBC is issued in US$.

Guests that have been awarded Promotional OBC will be able to log in to Cruise Planner prior to the sail date of their booked cruise and see their available Promotional OBC in US$ where the booking was priced in US$. For all other currency bookings, Promotional OBC will be converted from US$ into the same currency as the cruise booking that gave rise to the award of Promotional OBC ("Available Spend").

Available Spend may be redeemed via Cruise Planner for individual bookings and for group bookings where Promotional OBC was allocated at an individual level.

Available Spend may be used to purchase shore excursions, dining, beverage packages, internet packages, spa & fitness services, entertainment activities and any future ancillary products / services available for purchase in advance of your cruise via Cruise Planner for your benefit or that of any other booking subject to such bookings relating to the sa

Edited by helen haywood

It showed your TA OBC? I thought that never happened. How would they know?

I would think it would show as a refundable OBC generated as a third party issue. They would know because the TA (or other third party) would have it applied to your booking number and it is then part of your stateroom account.

Kind of in reverse we had that occur on one of our RCI cruises where a family member placed an OBC on our account. It was intended as a surprise gift, as which it remained as we did not know it was there until we questioned guest services as to why we had a positive balance. So in that instance it was on our account, RCI knew of it, but never told us until we asked as indicated.

BTW we also received a similar email a couple of weeks prior to our March cruise from Celebrity confirming our remaining OBC account balance after purchasing a dining package. It is a nice touch!

Edited by leaveitallbehind

When we have transferred our booking from celebrity to AAA, whatever OBC AA offered they said we could not have because Celebrity would not allow it. I asked Celebrity about it and they said that was true, so how are other travel agents allowed to give obc? We usually book onboard and get additional obc because of booking onboard, if that is the difference?

When we have transferred our booking from celebrity to AAA, whatever OBC AA offered they said we could not have because Celebrity would not allow it. I asked Celebrity about it and they said that was true, so how are other travel agents allowed to give obc? We usually book onboard and get additional obc because of booking onboard, if that is the difference?

The only thing I am aware of regarding TA's is that they cannot discount most mass market cruise line's published rates - Celebrity included. Perhaps that was what was being referred to and confused as an OBC? Any "discounts" or perks would be provided from their commission or block booking rates, and not by discounting the cruise fare. But I've not heard of instances where 3rd party OBC's from TA's or other sources cannot be provided. I realize it was on RCI, not Celebrity, but we've had 3rd party OBC's issued as mentioned previously. I would have to believe it would be similarly so with Celebrity.

Interesting. My experience is that obc (certainly that from a TA) always took a couple of days into a cruise to show up on your on board account. Has this changed?

Also does the cruise planner now display TA and X obc?

I just got an email from Celebrity today regarding my OBC for my cruise tomorrow on Equinox. It detailed the amount of OBC I had for this cruise, both from Celebrity and from my TA (not separately but added together.) It shows what the amount was to start with and how much I’ve used on pre-purchases and the balance remaining.

Nice to have, but it would be even more helpful if they would break it out to show how much of your OBC is refundable and how much is non-refundable.