Vista - IMAX questions

ABQrobin

We are planning to book Vista for our next cruise...

just wondering about the IMAX schedule and prices?

Every night?

What times are the movies?

How late, multiple shows every night?

Price?

Not sure we would go, but just wondering about it, just in case. We love the Dive In movies at night up on deck, and thinking this might be fun one night instead. Not sure.

We are cruising on the Vista this September and from what I’ve read it’s a lot like a normal theater. It has first run movies, they’re scheduled through the day and into the night, and similar to normal movie prices, I think $12 but I’m not $100% sure on the price.

Just like a regular theater at home. Except none of the good popcorn with tons of fake butter.

Anyway, I digress. Movies shown throughout the day and evening. You pretty much have to buy your tickets a couple of days in advance if you aren't one of the first up there.

They have a great IMAX theater on the Vista, I believe the cost was $11.99 per person or close to it. Times were varied through out the night and I believe ending somewhere around 1 am. Was surprised at how big it was and the seating is great and very comfy. You can go ahead of time and buy your tickets at a kinkos and then go at the time you picked that night.

• 1 month later...
They have a great IMAX theater on the Vista, I believe the cost was $11.99 per person or close to it. Times were varied through out the night and I believe ending somewhere around 1 am. Was surprised at how big it was and the seating is great and very comfy. You can go ahead of time and buy your tickets at a kinkos and then go at the time you picked that night.

This is the first I've heard of this... but very interesting!

Do you have to go to Kinkos in person or can you also buy then online? Do you buy a specific time for a specific movie? If so, how much in advance does Kinko's have the schedule for movies on your sailing?

Another questions please.......

Is the IMAX showing during port days?

OceanDreams

Beginning late afternoon and into the evening.

No to Kinko's. You can buy tickets in advance from kiosks on the ship.

They have some documentaries (cheaper) and some new releases.

They do have popcorn, just not fake butter.

Vista and Horizon are likely the only ships to offer, ever.

Beginning late afternoon and into the evening.

No to Kinko's. You can buy tickets in advance from kiosks on the ship.

They have some documentaries (cheaper) and some new releases.

They do have popcorn, just not fake butter.

Thanks for the clarification- Kinko's didn't make a lot of sense to me, but then, you never know!

Why do you think this feature will end with Vista & Horizon? Too much space taken up for theater? Not enough revenue from it?

Thanks for the clarification- Kinko's didn't make a lot of sense to me, but then, you never know!

Why do you think this feature will end with Vista & Horizon? Too much space taken up for theater? Not enough revenue from it?

I think it is a novelty and not that much demand to be placed on other ships. On Horizon people certainly attended, but I don't think to capacity. We went on Vista and enjoyed it, but for whatever reason didn't try on Horizon (well, one reason was none of the new movies appealed to us) It has been announced that the next Vista class, Panorama, won't have an Imax.

If you have never been to one, or don't have one near you, it is certainly something to experience.

Check for senior pricing, if eligible.

So much room taken on our ships, so little revenues too.

Do you all know another ship line not just our CCL :NYSE LSE CUNARD has an OnBoard Planeterium ?

Why not any on our parent line Carnival? That would resolve so - so many problems in the Non-Viewable areas in the Lounges that people are so plilarded!

Can yer hear us now Carnival CCL/CUK :NYSE/LSE???????

• 2 weeks later...

We enjoyed the IMAX and the thrill theater on the Vista last year. I don't know about lack of revenue. More than once we wanted to see a movie and it was sold out. Plenty of tickets sold. We had great weather and it saw alot of traffic although on the last sea day the seas were rough and it was packed all day. We had a cabin on deck 6 not far from it, so I got a chance to see for myself how popular it was. It probably could stand to have a row or two less seats, but I think it's a cool option. All of the movies are current with several showtimes throughout the day. You can get them in advance.

I walked by the IMAX sever times but im not a huge movie guy so I never checked it out, is the movie showings/times in the carnival hub app or do I have to go to the theater to see whats being showed?

It has been hinted to travel agents that Carnival Panorama will have a multiplex theater. More smaller screens to give more choices. I suggested some R rated films, and an "Elite" screen with posh couples seating, and in seat wait staff with food and adult beverages.

On Horizon the IMAX theater was lightly attended the three times I attended.