Cruise Director Morning Shows- It seems all the cruise directors do them now...

Hi, just back from a cruise on the Radiance. We noticed the cruise director had a box in the lobby for "submissions for the morning show". We never saw the show on TV, but we have noticed that all the cruise directors on most cruise lines seem to do these "morning shows". So, who all out there likes to put these on their cabin TV in the AM? Just wondeirng...

Dave

I do! It’s always great to have something to wake up to, IMO, not to mention the rundown of daily events plus the humor! A lot of CDs do it similarly, but they each still do it slightly differently. I’ve loved all mine so far, but if I had to pick a favorite, I’d have to go with Abe Hughes from Harmony of the Seas! However he did his solo, whereas all the others I’ve cruised with have done it alongside their Activities Manager.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I do! It’s always great to have something to wake up to, IMO, not to mention the rundown of daily events plus the humor! A lot of CDs do it similarly, but they each still do it slightly differently. I’ve loved all mine so far, but if I had to pick a favorite, I’d have to go with Abe Hughes from Harmony of the Seas! However he did his solo, whereas all the others I’ve cruised with have done it alongside their Activities Manager.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Agreed! Abe was our CD on Anthem right before he went to Harmony. He is the best CD we have ever had and his morning show was great.

I watched a few minutes of one on this last cruise we went on. First time I have ever even paid attention to one of these. Like others have said, I might turn it on while getting ready in the morning. I wouldn’t sit down to watch the whole thing, too many other things to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

To me, like others have said, I put it on in the morning and watch, kinda like putting on the morning news at home!!! I might be doing other things, but it's on in the background.

From the suggestion boxes down on the promenade, I have sent Happy Anniversary wishes to my in-laws on board and it's fun to try and catch it on the show!!

To me, since I watch the morning TV while getting ready to start my day, it brings normalcy even while at sea!

Also another one getting the vote for Abe on Harmony!!

I've only experienced this on Carnival so I'm looking forward to seeing it on Royal. It can be interesting watching while we are waking up and preparing for the day's activities. Are these only done on sea days on Royal? That seemed to be the case on CCL. I especially like it when they take call ins from passengers.

My husband always has on the cruise commercial of different cruise port itineraries. I would prefer quiet but his list of “want to do” cruises keeps growing, so I do not really mind. ;)

Allan Brooks used to do a great one in a fluffy pink bathrobe. "Babbling Brooks"

Allan is my all time favorite CD. When I was a kid, I wanted to be a CD and asked him to tell me more about the life and what not, he took me to lunch and even backstage for one of his show introductions. A very cool moment.

Allan is my all time favorite CD. When I was a kid, I wanted to be a CD and asked him to tell me more about the life and what not, he took me to lunch and even backstage for one of his show introductions. A very cool moment.

What a great guy!

Hi, just back from a cruise on the Radiance. We noticed the cruise director had a box in the lobby for "submissions for the morning show". We never saw the show on TV, but we have noticed that all the cruise directors on most cruise lines seem to do these "morning shows". So, who all out there likes to put these on their cabin TV in the AM? Just wondeirng...

Dave

Graham was the best when we did Freedom many tines. We actually bought his cd of skits. Just got off of oasis and Dan was not that inpressive

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So, who all out there likes to put these on their cabin TV in the AM? Just wondeirng...

Dave

It's very useful on port days because we get info about shuttles into town.

I'm pretty sure we had Abe Hughes on Brilliance (Baltic, May 2018)--is that possible? Anyway, we really liked him.

Dave

They vary in quality of content, but I do enjoy/watch/participate in them. I will say, as far as usual content, Ken Rush's show was the best. Many people don't think he is personable or approachable, but he understands cruisers and fills his shows with useful information. Drew Devine's show was very entertaining as was Casey Pelter's. My wife takes longer to get ready in the morning than I do, so I usually watch them while she finishes up.

Years ago Kirk Detwiller would do the morning show from one of the elevators. When the elevator would stop at a floor most passengers would recognize the filming and make a hasty retreat but quite often a passenger would get on and become a part of the show.