Just off the Summit - ask away

adonisr

Where should we book a balcony cabin to be sure to avoid outdoor smoking areas?

There is only one area where smoking is allowed that could possibly affect any balconies. There is a small area on deck 4 port side mid ship. The nearest stateroom are two decks up, so I doubt you would ever notice. Maybe while the ship was in port you might catch a whiff.

Edited by bayonnejoe

Tia, I hope I can put your mind at ease. We had an aft-facing cabin twice on the Summit (our favorite - #7206) and were under some heavy wind and waves leaving Bayonne. I couldn't believe how smoothly the ship sailed! It really was one of the smoothest-riding ships we've ever sailed. I would not hesitate to book this class of ship in the worst weather. I really notice how a ship "rides" and it was light years better than anything we've ever had on Princess, for example.

While I agree with you that the aft facing cabins on the M class ships are some of the best because of the huge balconies, they can be somewhat rough in bad weather, especially the aquas above the Sunset Bar. We had 1130 a few years ago on the repo back to Bayonne. On Saturday, the day before arrival, it was pretty rough up there. We have also had the aft facing cabins on 7 a few times, and never felt anything. I guess my advice would be if you are prone to seasickness, to approach these cabins with a little caution if your itinerary has any days with areas prone to rough weather. Having said that, if you are thinking about the Caribbean, these cabins get my highest recommendation.

Tia, I hope I can put your mind at ease. We had an aft-facing cabin twice on the Summit (our favorite - #7206) and were under some heavy wind and waves leaving Bayonne. I couldn't believe how smoothly the ship sailed! It really was one of the smoothest-riding ships we've ever sailed. I would not hesitate to book this class of ship in the worst weather. I really notice how a ship "rides" and it was light years better than anything we've ever had on Princess, for example.

I believe Tia is an acronym for Thanks in Advance. But it's a nice name nonetheless

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I believe Tia is an acronym for Thanks in Advance. But it's a nice name nonetheless

Sent from my iPad using Forums

:D Yes it was, my name is Heather but I sincerely appreciate all the responses. It seems sticking with our 14 night on Reflection is our best bet but in my research I've read rumors of 14 night itineraries becoming few and far between so I'll be keeping the B2B in our back pocket for another time. Thanks all again for chiming in on this post.

We’ve never been to Bermuda. What did you like about it?

My husband and I went last September for the first time. I think what we loved was it was like taking your favorite Caribbean island and make it incredibly clean. The people were friendly and polite.

:D Yes it was, my name is Heather but I sincerely appreciate all the responses. It seems sticking with our 14 night on Reflection is our best bet but in my research I've read rumors of 14 night itineraries becoming few and far between so I'll be keeping the B2B in our back pocket for another time. Thanks all again for chiming in on this post.

LOL Thanks!! Never knew that. Too funny.

So, HEATHER, I hope I can put your mind at ease with my post! :D

Yes, the Aqua Class cabins in the aft area way up high get more motion than the lower decks. That's true for any ship. But where we were on Deck 7, was fantastic.

LOL Thanks!! Never knew that. Too funny.

So, HEATHER, I hope I can put your mind at ease with my post! :D

Yes, the Aqua Class cabins in the aft area way up high get more motion than the lower decks. That's true for any ship. But where we were on Deck 7, was fantastic.

;p Thanks so much!!!

Where should we book a balcony cabin to be sure to avoid outdoor smoking areas?

There is only one area where smoking is allowed that could possibly affect any balconies. There is a small area on deck 4 port side mid ship. The nearest stateroom are two decks up, so I doubt you would ever notice. Maybe while the ship was in port you might catch a whiff.

We had one of these balconies, and the smoke was very bad for me. I love to sit out on my balcony, and there were times when I couldn't. The smoke wafted straight up to my balcony on deck 6. I might be hyper sensitive, though. Just my experience.

We had one of these balconies, and the smoke was very bad for me. I love to sit out on my balcony, and there were times when I couldn't. The smoke wafted straight up to my balcony on deck 6. I might be hyper sensitive, though. Just my experience.

What was your cabin number? We are in 6031--I hope we won't have this issue! :o

Wow-- Summit cabin #7206 is our favorite too. Been in that cabin to Bermuda twice. Perfect size and super awesome balcony!

Is there a game or card room? If not, where did you see people playing cards on the ship?

There is a 2 story library. We saw people playing cards and board games in there. Also, lots of quiet corners in the various public spaces where people played cards and games.

Hotel Director is Arjan Scheepers.

Arjan was the Hotel Director for our May 20-27 cruise. However, he told me that he was going on vacation in two weeks, so I believe the Hotel Director will change very shortly.

What was your cabin number? We are in 6031--I hope we won't have this issue! :o

We were just in 6115 on a B2B cruise. They actually moved the smoking area down and directly under our cabin. We never smelled any smoke from there. Cabin 6031 is nowhere near the smoking section but who knows if they move it again.

We were told they moved the chairs down because people complained about the smoke coming in the door by the men's room.

We were just in 6115 on a B2B cruise. They actually moved the smoking area down and directly under our cabin. We never smelled any smoke from there. Cabin 6031 is nowhere near the smoking section but who knows if they move it again.

Thanks for this response; hopefully we will be okay. If there was an all non-smoking ship, I would be very interested!

Questions - feel free to ask.

Loved Bermuda, in spite of not great weather.

Loved the Summit. Needs a face lift, but still a nice ship with a great crew.

Bayonne Customs Service - horrible. No other way to put it. They had 3 agents checking in over 2000 people. Typical US government operation.

Hello!

Thanks for posting. We have several random questions:

1. Our info says boarding between 12 & 3. We have to check out by 10 so should we just show up early? Is there sitting area?

2. Do you suggest Lyft or Uber rather than a taxi to get to the port?

3. This is our first time cruising Celebrity. Like you, we have cruised several other lines.

a) My husband read that a LONG sleeved shirt is required for dining in the MDR. Is this strictly enforced?

b) If we have a little onboard credit can it be used towards gratuities or just purchases on the ship?

4. Can you recommend any excursions in Bermuda? I read there is snorkeling near where the ship docks. Island tours?

5. Do they serve lobster any nights? (enjoy the lobster on Carnival!)

6. We just booked a few days ago (departs in a week) so we ended up with 8:30 pm dining. Is it possible to change once on board? We NEVER eat that late.

7. How was the entertainment?

8. How are the activities? (We enjoy playing the bean bag toss on NCL and Carnival, also learning pickle ball.

That's it for now.

Thanks in advance for any tips or thoughts.

Beverly