First time on Carnival Cruise. Bottled water question

dj562006

We will be taking our first Carnival Cruise in about a month. I was looking at their drink options and noticed the option to purchase a 12pk of bottled water. My question is are we able to go up to a bar or anywhere else on the ship and get a cold bottle of water? Or is purchasing the 12pk our only option?

Thanks!

There's also free water dispensers throughout the ship if you want to bring your own containers and refill them as you need.

I’m a little particular about my water, but I find the water from these dispensers is pretty good, especially if you add a little citrus fruit to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just returned on the Carnival Pride May 2018 - the water from the dispenser was fine to drink for our family.

However, if you want bottled water here is your best option:

Bottled Water

We know some of our guests are accustomed to bringing on their own supply of bottled water so as part of this policy we have reduced the pricing for (purified) bottled water which will be conveniently delivered directly to your stateroom. Once on board, the purchase is non-refundable; guests may take home any unopened bottles.

Pricing for Niagara Purified Drinking Water is as follows:

It will be delivered to your stateroom. Then you can carry it around as needed.

Tip: In addition, a small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages (i.e., sparkling water, sodas, juice, and milk) packaged in cans or cartons may be brought on board on embarkation day and must be in the guest's carry-on luggage. A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 sealed, unopened cans/cartons of 12 ounces each or less per person. NO WATER

We have a small collapsible soft sided cooler that we put in our suitcase. When we get to our room we ask our cabin steward if he can keep it full of ice for us throughout the cruise and give him a tip. They’re always happy to do it. We just keep our bottled water and canned drinks in the cooler. It’s much colder than a refrigerated drink and we even take it on shore with us for beach excursions to keep from getting dehydrated. It’s much easier than switching a warm one for a cold one at one of the bars. In fact, we’ve never tried switching them out somewhere because it seemed like to much of a hassle.

We will be taking our first Carnival Cruise in about a month. I was looking at their drink options and noticed the option to purchase a 12pk of bottled water. My question is are we able to go up to a bar or anywhere else on the ship and get a cold bottle of water? Or is purchasing the 12pk our only option?

Thanks!

My experience with this is that it will cost you more to buy a bottle from a bar than ordering it ahead. I ordered a 12pak already to be in my cabin, and the price was not bad, as far as cruise prices go. In 2017, when on NCL, I paid nearly $6 for a 1 liter bottle of water, but a 6pak of 1 liter bottles only cost be about $15. So, I did not hesitate to order from Carnival, as their prices were even cheaper. I also ordered a 6pak of Diet Coke, and some Bud Lite and Coors Light. I plan to put all in the refrigerator in the cabin.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Let me add, before anyone speaks up and says you can carry on cheaper. We fly in from Buffalo, and although we spend at least one day prior in port, there is no way in hell my hubby will lug any beverages onboard. The man complains about the luggage and the whole embarkation process, so I definitely will not add to his grumpiness! Lol!

My experience with this is that it will cost you more to buy a bottle from a bar than ordering it ahead. I ordered a 12pak already to be in my cabin, and the price was not bad, as far as cruise prices go. In 2017, when on NCL, I paid nearly $6 for a 1 liter bottle of water, but a 6pak of 1 liter bottles only cost be about $15. So, I did not hesitate to order from Carnival, as their prices were even cheaper. I also ordered a 6pak of Diet Coke, and some Bud Lite and Coors Light. I plan to put all in the refrigerator in the cabin.

The beers are a 4 pack, not a 6 pack and they are $24 for 4 Coors Light, which is more then the bars. a 6 pack of coke was $10, cheaper than the bars but you can a 12 pack at CVS for $6.

Let me add, before anyone speaks up and says you can carry on cheaper. We fly in from Buffalo, and although we spend at least one day prior in port, there is no way in hell my hubby will lug any beverages onboard. The man complains about the luggage and the whole embarkation process, so I definitely will not add to his grumpiness! Lol!

Can't say I blame him. Who on Earth wants to lug heavy drinks onboard just to save a few dollars?

The beers are a 4 pack, not a 6 pack and they are $24 for 4 Coors Light, which is more then the bars. a 6 pack of coke was $10, cheaper than the bars but you can a 12 pack at CVS for $6.

Oh, I’m definitely aware that they would cost less outside the cruise and to carry on, but as I said, that would not fly with my hubby, to have to carry anything more onboard. Although we leave our suitcase with porter, he’s in charge of our carryon, and he would NOT want anything else! As for what the beer cost, I believe on our last cruise that we had to pay for drinks was on Royal, and they were $8. We had a free drink package on our NCL cruises. I just wanted the hubby to have some beer at a cheaper cost, and keeping cool in our cabin.

I have ordered from Fun Shop before cruise and always waiting when i got there. Not bad for the price. You can buy at any bar if want it cold. Get sterard to bring ice to keep cold

Carnival recently changed their policy so that NO bottled beverages (other than the one allowed bottle of wine per adult) may be carried onboard. The option of purchasing the water cheaply ahead of time is to soften the impact to customers who were bringing bottled water. CANNED sodas, etc may still be carried on.

I hear ya! I do have to point out, though, that this thread is specifically regarding bottled water. Just so that no one misunderstands (because you know they will), Carnival no longer allows bottles of any sort, including bottled water, to be carried on to the ship. You can carry on cans or cartons of water, if you wish (but then, why would you).

Thanks!

Yes

Battled water can be ordered really inexpensively thru fun shops... $4.50 for 12 16.9 oz bottles delivered any day and time you want them...

Much better than lugging around for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That was totally my opinion. There was no way we (senior citizens) were going to lug anything onboard, even if it was allowed. I will pay to have it delivered to my room, even if it is more money. It’s the convenience. And as I mentioned previously, and you have, the price of their water was not bad at all, compared to what I paid on NCL. And, yes, I know I paid more for the Diet Coke and beers, but once again, convenience, and anything to make my hubby’s cruise more enjoyable.

That was totally my opinion. There was no way we (senior citizens) were going to lug anything onboard, even if it was allowed. I will pay to have it delivered to my room, even if it is more money. It’s the convenience. And as I mentioned previously, and you have, the price of their water was not bad at all, compared to what I paid on NCL. And, yes, I know I paid more for the Diet Coke and beers, but once again, convenience, and anything to make my hubby’s cruise more enjoyable.

THIS. Couldn't agree more. I find it hilarious when I see the same people that say "it's MY vacation, I can't be bothered to <dress appropriately, follow rules, etc>" schlepping cases of soda around on "their vacation" to save a few dollars! :')