Skyride info???

pampaul

We'll be sailing Aug 8th on the Horizon and I have a question about the Skyride.

How easy is it to get in to & out of the seat? I was watching a video and it seemed that the seats are pretty close to the floor while boarding them, is this true?

And is that a harness that they put on you?

We'll be sailing Aug 8th on the Horizon and I have a question about the Skyride.

How easy is it to get in to & out of the seat? I was watching a video and it seemed that the seats are pretty close to the floor while boarding them, is this true?

My wife has a bad hip and noticeable gait.

She/We did the Skyride and it wasn't an issue for her to get on or off.

Seen many shapes and sizes getting on and off without a major issue.

(I'm 6'1" 225)

And Yes a seatbelt, I think a 3 way belt.

Seat adjusts forward and backward to give you more space or put your feet closer to the pedals.

They are very good to make sure you are good and comfortable before going.

I'm scared sh!tless of heights and had a blast after I got over the initial shock.

We did the 8 Day Southern and went on the Skyride the last Sea Day which was about a 10 minute wait if that.

Every other time we went it was 45+ Minutes.

The seat is below the platform level so I had to climb down into it. The seat moved back and forth to accommodate different people's heights. Crew members helped me put on a harness as soon as I reached the platform. They then hooked a thick metal ring on the back of the harness to a carabiner attached to the back of the seat.

I had knee replacement 19 weeks before the cruise and had no trouble getting into and out of the seat as well as peddling. It was a hoot!

And you need closed-toe shoes to do the Skyride. I thought it was fun. The wind helped push me down the one side of the ship with minimal pedaling. One person who was inline wearing a bathing suit with a cover-up was told she needed to go get shorts.

ENJOY!