Rhythm of the Caribbean

geocruiser

On Princess's web site they have starting this summer Rhythm of the Caribbean, which is immersive Caribbean experiences on board. We mainly cruise in the Caribbean, so I will be looking forward to this. Especially the Parrots in the Piazza. I have seen parrots in the wild (well not in a jungle setting, but on their own) while in college. I enjoy them. I am looking forward to this, if they will be doing this this winter.

What are your thoughts?

https://www.princess.com/learn/cruise-destinations/caribbean-cruises/onboard/

I believe that there are a large number of people who take a Caribbean cruise each winter to escape the cold weather back home. That could become somewhat boring after a few years so this new effort by Princess should be a welcome enhancement.

We saw the Parrots in the Piazza on our last CB cruise in April. I believe it was the first time it was done. The lady brought out 4 or 5 birds and they were beautiful. However, she started the show about 20 minutes before scheduled so they had to explain to her to wait until her time frame so folks could arrive. There were quite a few people that came and at the end you were welcome to approach & see the birds for photos.

They also had steel drum lessons in the Wheelhouse Bar and again, quite a few people participated.

I think both of these are a great idea and people will enjoy them.

I think we should wait and see what they do. This was not available on our April cruise. Frankly, the Caribbean is a bit of "been there, done that" for us. I need a reason to schedule a Caribbean cruise, while I'll do other locations "just for fun."

Just off the May 26-June 2 cruise. The birds were out, but there were so many people we didn't get a chance to see them. I did take part in the steel drum class, and performed in the Piazza with many classmates, the instructor and the band behind. It was a lot of fun. Highly recommend it if that is your kind of thing. Very easy to learn.

We saw the Parrots in the Piazza on our last CB cruise in April. I believe it was the first time it was done. The lady brought out 4 or 5 birds and they were beautiful. However, she started the show about 20 minutes before scheduled so they had to explain to her to wait until her time frame so folks could arrive. There were quite a few people that came and at the end you were welcome to approach & see the birds for photos.

They also had steel drum lessons in the Wheelhouse Bar and again, quite a few people participated.

I think both of these are a great idea and people will enjoy them.

We were on this Caribbean Princess cruise as well. Not particularly impressed with the bird demo. They just brought this lady on with her birds, and she talked about them a little bit. It all seemed rather rushed since this was just a little time before sail away, and she had to be sure to get off with her birds. We thought it was just ok.

I like the idea of feeling like I am in the Caribbean when I am sailing the Caribbean!!!

I would hope for maybe some Caribbean music and vibe.

I noticed the 'Caribbean' sailaway.

It all sounds good if they can halfway pull it off.

The birds sound interesting.... But, I think most people who have visited resorts in the Caribbean have BTDT with the photo ops with the parrot(s) and or the iguanas!!!!! So, we wouldn't be actually lining up for that.

We did the Alaskan puppies in the Piazza when it first started. We sailed early in the season... Many of the poor puppies were still too little, and just wanting to sleep and eat/nurse... and whimpering. Might be a big winner if the puppies are older!!!

I like the idea of the immersive Caribbean experience, especially if it is like the Alaska immersive experience that Princess does. I think it is fun and interesting to learn about the local wildlife, natural scenery, music, art, etc. I hope that these educational /cultural offering will be well received by Princess passengers. :)