Deployment 2020-21 booking season begins

8 minutes ago, Blue Eyed Belfast Belle said:

The prices in Europe are astronomical! It is less expensive for me to fly to the US to cruise than sailing from Europe-5 nights on Anthem next year is £800!!

I hear you, but I'd rather cruise Europe

Cobh, Brugges, Copenhagen, Naples, Santorini, Tallin, Venice, Dubrovnik, Barcelona, etc...

plus our flights to Europe tend to run $800 - $1,200 USD each way

1 hour ago, Blue Eyed Belfast Belle said:

The prices in Europe are astronomical! It is less expensive for me to fly to the US to cruise than sailing from Europe-5 nights on Anthem next year is £800!!

Absolutely agree.

We're doing the Caribbean again this year for precisely this reason. But it's really only been this way for the past few years. I guess Europe must be in vogue at the moment to be pushing the prices up so high.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

I hear you, but I'd rather cruise Europe

Cobh, Brugges, Copenhagen, Naples, Santorini, Tallin, Venice, Dubrovnik, Barcelona, etc...

That's completely understandable since you're in the US. 

We prefer it the other way round since we're in Europe and can easily hop on a low-cost flight to spend a few days in these great cities.

12 hours ago, Blue Eyed Belfast Belle said:

Wonder why. I wanted to book the 14 night Anthem Med sailing but was put off by the price. Maybe if they added another Quantum Class ship there, the price will drop or will remain the same due to high demand. 

I have a feeling that one of the Oasis class will head to Asia in 2021

On 6/6/2019 at 7:25 PM, Ethanol95 said:

Feel my pain. I always wish every year they would change up the 4 and 5 nights but they are always the same with +1/-1 port in Malaysia. So bored of these already... 

Same. I just cruise to the same ports mainly due to the ship. 

Royal rarely does Langkawi or even touch Koh Samui. Their competitor in Singapore is throwing out good itineraries. If only royal could see it. 

2 hours ago, WaveSplasher said:

I have a feeling that one of the Oasis class will head to Asia in 2021

I doubt that will happen. They aren't designed for the weather in Asia, there isn't enough ports to take them and there isn't enough ships to go around. With one in Canaveral, one in Miami, one rotating NJ and FLL, one rotating Europe and Miami and the other likely going to Galveston, there simply isn't enough ships.

Even if there are a few Asia ports that can take Oasis Class, can any of the ports between Barcelona and Singapore take them?

4 hours ago, CruisingJoe09 said:

Even if there are a few Asia ports that can take Oasis Class, can any of the ports between Barcelona and Singapore take them?

A lot of the ports on the way to Asia are commercial ports that can take on the largest cargo ships, hence ports such as Ashdod, Aquaba, Dubai and Mumbai could possibly handle the ship. Probably before we will see a Oasis Class ship in Asia we would see it based out of Brisbane, Australia offering one week New Caledonia cruises year round and this will also not happen so fast

22 minutes ago, LXA350 said:

Probably before we will see a Oasis Class ship in Asia we would see it based out of Brisbane, Australia offering one week New Caledonia cruises year round and this will also not happen so fast

I could see this happening in conjunction with the opening of a Perfect Day Island.

9 hours ago, LXA350 said:

A lot of the ports on the way to Asia are commercial ports that can take on the largest cargo ships, hence ports such as Ashdod, Aquaba, Dubai and Mumbai could possibly handle the ship. Probably before we will see a Oasis Class ship in Asia we would see it based out of Brisbane, Australia offering one week New Caledonia cruises year round and this will also not happen so fast

Sydney ports has listed from 2 November 2021 to 7 June 2022 on a regular bases  has mentioned of an "Unnamed Vessel". Could be Oasis class out of Sydney?

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, woodscruise said:

Sydney ports has listed from 2 November 2021 to 7 June 2022 on a regular bases  has mentioned of an "Unnamed Vessel". Could be Oasis class out of Sydney?

Oasis Class will not fit to Circular Quay, hence if a Oasis Class would ever make it to Sydney it would be at a future port to be built outside of the center of the city

On 6/22/2019 at 4:03 PM, woodscruise said:

Good find.  Hard to imagine that this will be for Oasis class.  There are almost no ports it could go to. 

Looks like Royal is tossing up whether to replace Serenade with another ship, since she isn't listed during this time.  

It's a first that the bookings for this Unnamed vessel run through to June.  Royal's season in Sydney has always finished when the weather cools off in April.  

• 2 weeks later...

Good morning -- is this thread still active, or has another one been started?  I've lost track.  Since there are no new deploymenets to speak of, perhaps we are all taking a summer break. I'm still waiting for Hawaii/Alaska in spring, 2021.

TYIA for any clarification.

9 hours ago, travelgoddess1 said:

Good morning -- is this thread still active, or has another one been started?  I've lost track.  Since there are no new deployments to speak of, perhaps we are all taking a summer break. I'm still waiting for Hawaii/Alaska in spring, 2021.

TYIA for any clarification.

Hello Karen - we are waiting for British Isles 2021 to be release alo - Hope this find you happy and Healthy!  🙂  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lovrccl said:

Yes I am also. Might lose interest if they don't put it out soon. 😣

I thought that wouldn't be released until end of this year first of next ?

1 hour ago, SummmerInKefalonia said:

Odyssey of the Seas is registered at the port of Piraeus Athens on 16/5, 25/5, 3/6, 4/9, 13/9, 22/9, 1/10, 11/10, 21/10, 2/11. So this suggests deployment at Eastern Mediterranean at Late Spring & Fall 2021.

Seems like she could take over the cruises from Rome that Explorer is doing in 2020?

5 hours ago, Ashland said:

I thought that wouldn't be released until end of this year first of next ?

No one knows for sure. This fall will put us only one year out from her first sailing. 

As a side note, the Air2Sea booking site now shows Odyssey as an option, maybe bookings will open sooner than later. 

• Like 1