Deployment 2020-21 booking season begins

2 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Yeah, then Breakaway Plus is like 70 ft shorter then Odyessy. Was at Bonaire not long ago on Serenade. They could add those extra concrete extension blocks further back from Pier to tie off larger ships. Seen that at many stops as Cruise ships have got larger

Yeah, I'm thinking they could get the Breakaway/Breakaway Plus into port there, but the larger Odyssey might be out of the question. 75 feet is a quite a bit.

I also think if they were planning for larger ships they would have incorporated that into the reno they did on that pier the last few years.

1 hour ago, CruisingJoe09 said:

How long left until an Oasis Class goes to Galveston? If/when it does happen, where will Liberty go?

Last I saw, the terminal's projected completion date was fall 2021. 

Right now, it's only a guessing game as to where Liberty would go when an Oasis Class ship arrives. 

4 hours ago, OfTheSeasCruiser said:

Right now, it's only a guessing game as to where Liberty would go when an Oasis Class ship arrives. 

Well i guess that gives time for the 5th oasis to have a Europe season after her spring launch and then to the USA and a reshuffling of the ships and an older one going to Galveston .

Fall 2021 for Liberty leaving Texas is rubbish. It's been 7 years since I last did Freedom class and really want to do one in 2020 or 21 instead of doing Harmony once again (nothing against HM but can only sail a ship so many times). San Juan, Galveston and Southampton aren't convenient ports for me.

Edited by CruisingJoe09

1 hour ago, DDG 41 said:

Well i guess that gives time for the 5th oasis to have a Europe season after her spring launch and then to the USA and a reshuffling of the ships and an older one going to Galveston .

Harmony will also have to head to Europe for a dry dock in 2021, so we’ll definitely see the Oasis Class ships shuffle around again. 

On 3/27/2019 at 9:08 AM, CruisingJoe09 said:

How long left until an Oasis Class goes to Galveston? If/when it does happen, where will Liberty go?

Oasis Class to Galveston is projected November 2021 . There will be at least a second ship or more in Galveston . Most likely a Voyager Class ship !

Norwegian and MSC and other cruise lines need homeports, with their new builds on order have been in discussions with Galveston . Del Monte lease from pier 11 to west  of new Terminal #3 at pier 10 has been  restructured, allowing for relocation of Del Monte at ports expense . Relocation will provide space for new  fourth and fifth terminals under consideration for these players and others .

Edited by ssb

On 3/27/2019 at 11:50 AM, OfTheSeasCruiser said:

Why would Liberty leave Texas once an Oasis-class ship arrives? She seems to be a local favorite, much like Grandeur in Baltimore.

As the Vision has been replaced by the larger Adventure, the demand for passengers is there.

7 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Why would Liberty leave Texas once an Oasis-class ship arrives? She seems to be a local favorite, much like Grandeur in Baltimore.

As the Vision has been replaced by the larger Adventure, the demand for passengers is there.

The demand is clearly there for an Oasis Class but is it there for 3 ships?

If we lose one of the Oasis Class ships to Galveston, I would like Liberty back in a more accessible port. 2 ships is enough for Galveston IMO. It's not fair to those who prefer accessible ports if 3 ships are there.

Edited by CruisingJoe09

15 minutes ago, CruisingJoe09 said:

The demand is clearly there for an Oasis Class but is it there for 3 ships?

If we lose one of the Oasis Class ships to Galveston, I would like Liberty back in a more accessible port. 2 ships is enough for Galveston IMO. It's not fair to those who prefer accessible ports if 3 ships are there.

There are five full time and one seasonal ships in Galveston now . 

27 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Just like Vision/Enchantment is being replaced with Adventure, I see an Oasis Class replacing Liberty. Like you said, the demand is there, but it can be met with larger (not more) ships.

I’ll gladly admit if I’m wrong though 😁

25 minutes ago, CruisingJoe09 said:

I'm not sure which more accessible port you are referring to but there are 2 more Oasis-class ships in the works.  Oasis #5 will be ready in spring 2021, just a few months before Galveston is ready to receive an Oasis ship. So that timing works.

Have they announced where Oasis#5 will go?

31 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I'm not sure Grandeur is as much of a local Baltimore favorite as it seems to be the only ship RCI is willing to place here. Personally, I'd much rather they replace Grandeur with a Radiance Class ship for a change.  (I think it's been proven for the most part that a Radiance Class is not too tall for the bridges)

2 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I'm not sure which more accessible port you are referring to but there are 2 more Oasis-class ships in the works.  Oasis #5 will be ready in spring 2021, just a few months before Galveston is ready to receive an Oasis ship. So that timing works.

Have they announced where Oasis#5 will go?

Fort Lauderdale, Miami, Bayonne are all much more accessible in the USA as they are near airports and large cities. Even Port Canaveral is closer to an airport than Galveston is.

My guess is that Harmony will go to Galveston after her 2021 drydock leaving Port Canaveral open for Symphony and Miami for Oasis 5. Just a guess though.

Edited by CruisingJoe09

9 minutes ago, OfTheSeasCruiser said:

Just like Vision/Enchantment is being replaced with Adventure, I see an Oasis Class replacing Liberty. Like you said, the demand is there, but it can be met with larger (not more) ships.

True. The extra 2,000+ passengers that Oasis can carry over Liberty might be enough to satisfy the demand. That's an extra 100,000 passengers a year.

10 minutes ago, OfTheSeasCruiser said:

I’ll gladly admit if I’m wrong though 😁

I'm totally speculating here as I don't really follow ship movements as much as others. But from what ssb has posted, with the new terminal and the potential for 2 more, it looks like they want to increase the number of ships there.   Do ships still sail out of New Orleans or Mobile? If not, that demand could be shifted down to Galveston.

I could see Liberty and Oasis offering alternating 7-day itineraries.

15 minutes ago, CruisingJoe09 said:

My guess is that Harmony will go to Galveston after her 2021 drydock leaving Port Canaveral open for Symphony and Miami for Oasis 5. Just a guess though.

Good guess. Florida always gets the new ships. Check that, before John corrects me, Florida usually gets the new ships.

Plus, Liberty is set to get Amped sometime in 2021. And where do newly-Amped ships usually end up?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Good guess. Florida always gets the new ships. Check that, before John corrects me, Florida usually gets the new ships.

Plus, Liberty is set to get Amped sometime in 2021. And where do newly-Amped ships usually end up?

Pretty sure Mariner was the only new Royal ship Pt Canaveral ever got. It makes sense to put new ships in Florida.  It is by a huge margin the cruise capital of the world.

Edited by John&LaLa

28 minutes ago, CruisingJoe09 said:

Fort Lauderdale, Miami, Bayonne are all much more accessible in the USA as they are near airports and large cities. Even Port Canaveral is closer to an airport than Galveston is.

I would be more inclined to use Galveston if a commercial plane could fly into the Galveston Airport. Is the runway not long enough? I would think there would be demand.....even if they only flew on weekends.

1 minute ago, Beachammo said:

I would be more inclined to use Galveston if a commercial plane could fly into the Galveston Airport. Is the runway not long enough? I would think there would be demand.....even if they only flew on weekends.

It can take as much as a 767. 

But the appeal of Galveston is surely to Southerners? Why would someone go to Galveston if they can get get the same product from Florida? (LB's itineraries barely differ from the new Western itineraries on Oasis Class).

4 minutes ago, CruisingJoe09 said:

It can take as much as a 767. 

But the appeal of Galveston is surely to Southerners? Why would someone go to Galveston if they can get get the same product from Florida? (LB's itineraries barely differ from the new Western itineraries on Oasis Class).

It would be a quicker flight for everyone west of the Mississippi.....