Deployment 2020-21 booking season begins

7 hours ago, OfTheSeasCruiser said:

Here’s my guess: Harmony goes to Barcelona for the summer (as it’s time for her dry dock) then to Galveston in the fall. Oasis 5 goes straight to either PC or Miami in the spring, and the other ships shuffle around. 

What about Asia? 

2 hours ago, springaussie said:

What about Asia? 

Asia can get pretty cool in the winter if doing Japan and Shanghai.   The Oasis class ships wouldn’t be ideal unless they stuck to Singapore/Hong Kong and that area.   The quantum ships are great in that they are amazing cold weather ships and thus do well in Asia year round.

13 minutes ago, rimmit said:

Asia can get pretty cool in the winter if doing Japan and Shanghai.   The Oasis class ships wouldn’t be ideal unless they stuck to Singapore/Hong Kong and that area.   The quantum ships are great in that they are amazing cold weather ships and thus do well in Asia year round.

On the Winter it would be based in Brisbane.

Aussies love big ship. 

53 minutes ago, springaussie said:

Aussies love big ship. 

Why not Sydney?

Sydney currently has 3 RCI ships including 1 Quantum Class whereas Brisbane will only have 1 radiance class ship from 2020.

I think it is clear that it would be based out of Sydney with maybe another ship going to Brisbane or Melbourne.

*If this happens*

Oasis Class in Australia would be great, but there's not enough ships to go around yet and they are more designed for the Caribbean. There is also the question of how many ports in the region can take Oasis Class. 

Quantum Class is better suited to Asia.

I think it will happen in the next 5 years, when Icon and Oasis 6 come out, but not in 2021.

5 hours ago, springaussie said:

Aussies love big ship. 

Aussies do love big ships, but there is a lack of ports for an Oasis class ship to call at from an Australian home port.  What would the itineraries be?  Eventually there should be a Perfect Day island off Australia, what else could dock an Oasis?  

I thînk it's more likely that Royal's capacity in Brisbane will increase progressively rather than dramatically.  

IMHO, Royal has got it right by deploying both Radiance and Serenade to Australia, simply because so many South Pacific ports are tendered.  

Having said that, Royal's capacity in Sydney can only be increased with the use larger ships due to the OPT port capacity constraint.  

1 hour ago, banzaii said:

So am I right in thinking the Fall (Aussie spring) 2020 Transpacific Itineraries are to be released sometime between now and 0900 AEDST?

Not the full transpacifics just the usual to Hawaii. Yes they will be released at 0900 AEDST. Get in quick as they tend to sell out quickly.

7 minutes ago, DDG 41 said:

Not the full transpacifics just the usual to Hawaii. Yes they will be released at 0900 AEDST. Get in quick as they tend to sell out quickly.

Not only were the Ovation ones available till fairly close to sailing, the prices dropped to almost half of when they first became available for the 2019 season. Other than the TA via Iceland, rarely do any repos sell out quickly or go up in price much.

44 minutes ago, DDG 41 said:

Do we know what ships will be used for the Hawaiian/TP cruises?

Just now, Bee Guy said:

That has been the Radiance, but I'm not sure if it will be in 2021.  Has that information been released/leaked yet?

This release is not likely to include 2021 TPs - that won't be available till the end of the year.

1 minute ago, Biker19 said:

This release is not likely to include 2021 TPs - that won't be available till the end of the year.

The first year we did this cruise we booked from Sydney to Seattle as one cruise.  Now they split it up as a TP Sydney to HI and a Hawaiian from HI to west coast, and release them at different times.  That seems odd to me a a lot of folks like to do them as B2B.  I think the second leg is not released until around Nov.

1 minute ago, Bee Guy said:

The Serenade sails from Vancouver to Hawaii in 9/20.  Is that typical, or might that indicate that she will replace the Radiance?

That's in addition to - I think she'll be the fourth ship in Australia for the 20-21 season.

3 hours ago, Bee Guy said:

The Serenade sails from Vancouver to Hawaii in 9/20.  Is that typical, or might that indicate that she will replace the Radiance?

We are booked on that cruise.  I am curious to see the leg from Hawaii to Australia, although I am inclined to just do the first leg and then spend some land time in Hawaii.

8 hours ago, DDG 41 said:

Will today's releases include 2021 Hawaii itineraries from Oahu to Vancouver, BC ?