March 27 - 11 day Wayfarer - any teenagers?

rubyreader

My 15 year old daughter has a longer spring break, so we could actually fit in the 11 day wayfarer on the Koningsdam and that itinerary looks so interesting. We don't need loads of kids, but I know that Holland America may have less to start, and then given the length of the cruise, are there generally any kids? Since it will be just the 2 of us, she would probably enjoy some youth-oriented activities.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

The longer the cruise the less you will find kids on board. Although not guaranteed, just not likely.

Do you think a Princess cruise will be essentially the same? It's 10 days instead of 11, so not much different, but is Princess a little more family oriented? There are also a couple 9 day Royal Caribbean cruises during our dates, but those huge ships intimidate me! I'm sure my daughter would have plenty to do, though!

Checking the roll call is a good idea; I'll keep my eye on it. I was just looking at some reviews of some Royal Caribbean cruises at spring break, and it looks like a madhouse! I know this is totally speculative, but does the madness drop off a bit on a 9 day cruise? I could do their 9 day on the Harmony of the Seas, but the itinerary is not as good. Or a 9 day Navigator of the Seas.

We did a 10-day over spring break on HAL many years ago (early 2000s). I think there were about 30 teens onboard and maybe 60ish kids/teens all together. It may have changed since then, but at the time it was a large enough group to be fun but small enough that it never seemed crazy.

Now that I'm cruising with my own kids in the kids clubs I'm back to keeping track of this! That said, we did Royal over Thanksgiving a few years ago and we're advised that clubs may hit capacity but never had an issue getting our kids in (not sure if others/other ages ever had issues).

We did a 10-day over spring break on HAL many years ago (early 2000s). I think there were about 30 teens onboard and maybe 60ish kids/teens all together. It may have changed since then, but at the time it was a large enough group to be fun but small enough that it never seemed crazy.

Now that I'm cruising with my own kids in the kids clubs I'm back to keeping track of this! That said, we did Royal over Thanksgiving a few years ago and we're advised that clubs may hit capacity but never had an issue getting our kids in (not sure if others/other ages ever had issues).

Thanks, this is exactly what I had hoped to hear! We're so interested in this particular Holland America itinerary, and honestly, I love traveling with my daughter, anyway, that if she and I just hang out together, that's fine, too. I've only been on one cruise, and she's hasn't cruised at all, so the itinerary is a real priority for us. Maybe I'll have to start the roll call and encourage some kids!