Royal Caribbean ruining our Spring Break in an unbelievable way!

That in my option is BS. I feel bad for you. I would be pissed. My wife as a teacher is only allowed vacations during these times. We plan years in advance. I feel your pain and have sympathy for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I can see your point, but do you know Spring Break from schools and colleges can be anywhere from the beinning of March to the End of April, depending when Easter is. It is not like there is only 1or 2 weeks.

I'm aware - however they could zero in on the week before Easter, Easter week and the week after as the "prime" spring break weeks. They seem to know when the prime weeks are, as they price them accordingly.

I'd much rather see a fine for improper and grotesque use of capital letters. When and why did that become a thing anyway? I know it was done in the 1700's, but why now? It seems very "fringe."

Reminds me of this article: http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/389517-retired-english-teacher-corrects-letter-from-trump-and-sends-it-back

I'm aware - however they could zero in on the week before Easter, Easter week and the week after as the "prime" spring break weeks. They seem to know when the prime weeks are, as they price them accordingly.

They know EXACTLY when they are as they exclude kids sail free during spring break weeks

You can always check this site (I know it's not the only one) to see if your ship has a charter: https://www.cruisetimetables.com/full-cruise-ship-charters.html

These lists are only good once the charter has been finalized. OP's sailing it not yet on this list. By the time a charter gets on the list it's already closed for bookings

Yeah and lucky me my kids' break is always the most expensive week.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

They know EXACTLY when they are as they exclude kids sail free during spring break weeks
Our Symphony cruise ran kids sail free last month for our March Break cruise (Ontario March break). I was surprised we made the promotion dates but they raised the cruise price dramatically and with our younger one free (older one is 13 years) it cost us $1000 more with kids sail free.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

That in my option is BS. I feel bad for you. I would be pissed. My wife as a teacher is only allowed vacations during these times. We plan years in advance. I feel your pain and have sympathy for you.

Exactly. We are now only cruising when our kids are out of school. We know the dates way in advance and are restricted to specific weeks or summer. To get a decent price you needed to plan and book way in advance or it costs even more $$$$. We already have March break 2019 and 2020 booked. It's not as simple as just switching weeks as some suggested. I totally sympathize with OP. When ships cancel like this, they should offer another cruise for same price.

Our Symphony cruise ran kids sail free last month for our March Break cruise (Ontario March break). I was surprised we made the promotion dates but they raised the cruise price dramatically and with our younger one free (older one is 13 years) it cost us $1000 more with kids sail free.

HA! Sounds just like an RCCL/Celebrity "sale": raise the prices and then have a sale. I've been watching prices on our currently booked cruises since I booked them at the end of March this year. Over the last 45 days they just keep going up and up and up.

I go with a price-per-day we can afford, and book accordingly. RCCL's pricing is truly a moving target.

They must not be as in tune with Canadian dates. KSF excluded for March 16th-30th of 2019 the last time it ran. Strangely they did not exclude Mar 31st as a sail date as many US school take the first week of April as well as a spring break cruise.

Also i noticed the KSF has a couple loop holes for cruises that weren’t supposed to be. For example. We booked the Adventure for Aug 31 as KSF, and there was no purple box indicating it, But when you booked it it auto applied the KSF discount despite the terms stating KSF started on Sept 1 and not Aug 31. It was a pleasant surprise and saved us about $700 vs non ksf rates.

I’d say 90% if the time KSF is gonna be the cheaper way to go, but there are times when with Royal Math i have noticed it is more expensive.

I'd be annoyed too but I don't think I'd let it ruin my vacation 9 months out.

It's the new thing. Complain for prizes!

I was actually at one of the theme parks and a woman spilled her drink. Said drink was about 80% consumed. She loudly starting talking about how this was ruining her day. It didn't even seem to spill on her or anything. A table busser offered to go get her another drink and she moaned like someone had shot her dog. IT WAS AWFUL! SHE'D HAD SUCH A HORRIBLE DAY AND NOW HER DRINK WAS GONE ON SUCH A HOT DAY!

Take the refill and shut yer piehole, lady.

I was actually at one of the theme parks and a woman spilled her drink. Said drink was about 80% consumed. She loudly starting talking about how this was ruining her day. It didn't even seem to spill on her or anything

We went to our local Six Flags a few days ago. Sodas were $6.50 with no free refills unless you bought a $23 mug. At those prices, I would’ve been upset , not about spilling my drink even if I had done so all over myself, but about losing $6.50. But definitely not “ruined my day” upset!

Are you sure? Does he have the money in his pocket? It was quite an effort on my part to get my $500 deposit back when Royal cancelled my cruise.

I waited for the refund and it never showed...so I called three different times. I got the same story each time: "sir you will get a certificate for $300 ($150 x 2). You lose $200 because it was a non refundable deposit."

Each time I explained Royal cancelled the cruise...not me. Each time I was told it would be straightened out.

Finally my refund was processed after I received two certificates for $150 each. I won't use the certificates because I did get my full refund.

Those refunds don't always automatically happen.

Cheers:)

Can you "gift" your refund to a good cause? Maybe a family that could use them that otherwise wouldn't be able to go? I know it isn't a lot' date=' but for some $300 could mean the difference between going and not. And it would take a crappy feeling situation and turn it into a good feeling for you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Forums mobile app