Shorts or Pants

I believe you will find that nice dress shorts (as opposed to 'just' swimmers) are acceptable in any restaurant including specialty if combined with a neat collared shirt and decent shoes i.e. not swimmers a t-shirt and flip-flops. There is minimal dress code on NCL with Freestyle and I for one would not find this at all objectionable or out of place anywhere 'tropical'.

Some like to see how scruffy they can get away with, each to their own; class is timeless.

I believe you will find that nice dress shorts (as opposed to 'just' swimmers) are acceptable in any restaurant including specialty if combined with a neat collared shirt and decent shoes i.e. not swimmers a t-shirt and flip-flops. There is minimal dress code on NCL with Freestyle and I for one would not find this at all objectionable or out of place anywhere 'tropical'.

Some like to see how scruffy they can get away with, each to their own; class is timeless.

False

This is completely inaccurate information. There is no minimal dress code other than gentlemen have to wear long pants in La Bistro and one of the dining rooms.

Anyone get off the Dan recently and know for sure?

The dress code is found on the NCL web site. It is the same for all ships. The Dawn is no different. Men can wear shorts in all dining establishments except La Bistro, and one of the main dining rooms. Both main dining rooms have the same menu, so you never miss on food by going to one instead of the other.

The dress code is found on the NCL web site. It is the same for all ships. The Dawn is no different. Men can wear shorts in all dining establishments except La Bistro, and one of the main dining rooms. Both main dining rooms have the same menu, so you never miss on food by going to one instead of the other.

Just to confuse matters a little, whilst the dress code is stated on the web site, it isn’t actually the same on all ships. Some (generally the newer ones) don’t actually have a restriction on shorts in the aft dining room.

It is always worth checking the freestyle dailies when onboard to confirm requirements for the specific ship.

False

This post is worthless. Helpfully correct or don't bother to post.

I have certainly seen neat shorts in Cagney's and was unaware of the specific rule for specific sub-sets of specialty dining and stood happily corrected by hladygirl.

Given this pattern in your posts you have made it to my ignore list... or one.

We just got back last week from the Jewel to Alaska.

The Tsar's Palace dining room (MDR) did require long pants and collared shirt for men for dinner. I showed up one night in a long-sleeved t-shirt and was asked to return with a collared shirt, which I did. They did count a fleece jacket with collar over a t-shirt as a collared shirt though.

The other MDR, Azura, did not have this dress code.

That is incorrect.

The dailies state what is specific for each ship. The website is a general code but it isn't specific.