4 PM Crows Nest happy hour

djg541

On a recent cruise on the K-Dam Rome-Amsterdam I was surprised to find out that there was no more 4 PM happy hour at the crows nest. Rather it had been moved to level 2 at billboard with no outside views.

I was told this change was fleet wide,but im wondering if thats true.

I always looked forward to this event as generally its sail away time or close to it, folks are back from excursions and shore,the views are great, trivia has just ended,the place is bustling with energy.

In my review I commented that I thought this was a poor decision. I've not gotten any response. No shock there I guess.

Any other cruisers with similar experiences or thoughts? Or am I just stuck in past memories?

Thanks,

DJG541

On a recent cruise on the K-Dam Rome-Amsterdam I was surprised to find out that there was no more 4 PM happy hour at the crows nest. Rather it had been moved to level 2 at billboard with no outside views.

I was told this change was fleet wide,but im wondering if thats true.

I always looked forward to this event as generally its sail away time or close to it, folks are back from excursions and shore,the views are great, trivia has just ended,the place is bustling with energy.

In my review I commented that I thought this was a poor decision. I've not gotten any response. No shock there I guess.

Any other cruisers with similar experiences or thoughts? Or am I just stuck in past memories?

Thanks,

DJG541

We are currently on the Noordam(disembarking today). They have offered happy hour daily in the Crow's Nest as well as the Ocean Bar

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Forums mobile app

Calling it "fleet wide" is more than a bit of a stretch, since not every ship in the fleet has a Gallery Bar, nor are they likely to have one. At least half the fleet doesn't have one, as a matter of fact.

Unless, of course whoever said that doesn't consider the older, smaller, ships as part of the fleet.

You can choose to sail a ship that still has a functioning Crow's Nest, and no Gallery Bar.

Just off the P'dam and Happy Hour was in the Crow's Nest and often, as well in the Ocean Bar.

The Crow's Nest on the P'dam is a true Crow's Nest so easy to accomodate everyone ;)

Sounds like a terrible idea to move the 4 PM Happy Hour from the Crow's Nest to a place without any windows for viewing.

Going to force a lot of people to the Ocean Bar with some viewing.

On our March cruise on the Koningsdam, the 4 pm Happy Hour was indeed in the Billboard Onboard area. It was VERY popular with more people attending than we ever saw before in the Crow's Nest or the Ocean Bar. That could in part be attributed to the small buffet of appetizers offered every day in the Billboard Onboard area. It was so popular that, on most days, that area was full and the overflow of people also filled up most of the space in the Lincoln Center Stage area across the hallway.

Just off the P'dam and Happy Hour was in the Crow's Nest and often, as well in the Ocean Bar.

The Crow's Nest on the P'dam is a true Crow's Nest so easy to accomodate everyone ;)

Ditto for the Maasdam. Happy Hour was in the Crow's Nest and the Ocean Bar 4-5 p.m. Additionally another Happy Hour in the Crow's Nest at 9 p.m. (I believe).

Thanks for all the replies.

Guess its up to each ships hotel Mgr as to where it will be held.

I'll be sure to check prior to cruising next time as I do prefer the CN location. Each to their own.

It was so popular that, on most days, that area was full and the overflow of people also filled up most of the space in the Lincoln Center Stage area across the hallway.

I was on K'dam in November and on my cruise, happy hour was scheduled daily at 4 in both Billboard and LCS. They had small drink menus that they put on all the tables.

Thanks for all the replies.

Guess its up to each ships hotel Mgr as to where it will be held.

I'll be sure to check prior to cruising next time as I do prefer the CN location. Each to their own.

Personally, I think your "guess" as to who determines the venue and hours is correct. The Beverage Manager may also have considerable input into the decision as well.