Any news about a new Voyagers Club super category beyond Black?

Capricruiser

It's been talked about for a few years that MSC was considering a "platinum" level for those cruisers with many, many thousands of Voyagers Club points. Not too long ago one CC member heard from a reliable source that it might be announced after the launching of the Seaview. Has anyone heard anything more about this? It would be nice to get back that 20% discount that we used to have as Black members for example, along hopefully with other perks. A few years ago there might have been ten or twenty Black members on a cruise. Now with status match there are hundreds.

It's been talked about for a few years that MSC was considering a "platinum" level for those cruisers with many, many thousands of Voyagers Club points. Not too long ago one CC member heard from a reliable source that it might be announced after the launching of the Seaview. Has anyone heard anything more about this? It would be nice to get back that 20% discount that we used to have as Black members for example, along hopefully with other perks. A few years ago there might have been ten or twenty Black members on a cruise. Now with status match there are hundreds.

Its only a hundreds in USA . In Europe we hardly saw any gold members even and

'Welcome back party" was very nice, not like in USA when we had to leave because there was 1000 ppl inside.

CC ... MSC now need to add at least two levels beyond Black at around 15k and 25k, the second for those who have or are over 25k in points.

What they also need to do is keep status match at Black level as that will then mean those who received it have to actually cruise more to get to the new levels.

There would also then be less people at the new levels.

Its only a hundreds in USA . In Europe we hardly saw any gold members even and

'Welcome back party" was very nice, not like in USA when we had to leave because there was 1000 ppl inside.

The "Welcome back party" on Meraviglia last summer was insulting to the guests who decided to spend some of their vacation time on the party. Some cheap snacks and a simple drink, that was all.

NCL are far better when it comes to "Welcome back parties". Even the parties for every Latitudes member, from bronze, has been much better than the Black party I attended on MSC.

The "Welcome back party" on Meraviglia last summer was insulting to the guests who decided to spend some of their vacation time on the party. Some cheap snacks and a simple drink, that was all.

NCL are far better when it comes to "Welcome back parties". Even the parties for every Latitudes member, from bronze, has been much better than the Black party I attended on MSC.

I would not go on NCL again even for free , and I know that there party not any better then MSC.

I would not go on NCL again even for free , and I know that there party not any better then MSC.

I have been to six "Welcome back parties" on NCL and every time lots of officers attended, the captain talked, lots of wine was served and lots of canapees was served (I agree that not all of them tastes good but I like some of them).

The Black party I attended on Meraviglia was exactly what I said. We got one drink and some snacks. No officers attended and we got ONE drink.

CC ... MSC now need to add at least two levels beyond Black at around 15k and 25k, the second for those who have or are over 25k in points.

What they also need to do is keep status match at Black level as that will then mean those who received it have to actually cruise more to get to the new levels.

There would also then be less people at the new levels.

Agree but I would make them 25k and 50k. It's too easy to get 15,000 points. Just need some spa expenses and a few excursions every cruise.

We have been on both the Divina and the Seaside in the past 8 months. ALL parties, CC , welcome back and Black Card parties were attend be the Capt and crew members who circulated among the guest, took photos and were actively engaged in conversations , not just lip service. the Captain address concerns a few passengers had and directed the crew members from that dept to speak with pax. I was one of them and the corrected a huge concerned ".Capt. Marco "was on both ships. great guy!

ON NCL , of which I am Very loyal customer, I felt lthe parties were very good but the Capt. And crew were not as cordial . IT didn't concern me much as I know they are very busy

We have been on both the Divina and the Seaside in the past 8 months. ALL parties, CC , welcome back and Black Card parties were attend be the Capt and crew members who circulated among the guest, took photos and were actively engaged in conversations , not just lip service. the Captain address concerns a few passengers had and directed the crew members from that dept to speak with pax. I was one of them and the corrected a huge concerned ".Capt. Marco "was on both ships. great guy!

ON NCL , of which I am Very loyal customer, I felt lthe parties were very good but the Capt. And crew were not as cordial . IT didn't concern me much as I know they are very busy

That's not how it was done on the Meraviglia last summer. I can understand if the officers didn't had the time to attend, even if I think that someone could have come, but overall it was still a joke.

The Yacht Club reception was conpletely different. The captain make sure that he talked to everyone and he even had staff taking notes!

I agree with you, SC ... the Black Card parties are a joke (unless you're on a US sailing). The best one I've attended since Voyagers Club was introduced (and the 'Captain's dinner' was done away with) was on Magnifica in 2016 when the captain and the hotel director attended. There were only about 12 Black Card members there and the captain went to each table and spoke with everyone. There were over 200 on our recent Splendida repo - no way did we attend that! Having met the captain in the YC early on, I very much doubt he bothered to attend. :rolleyes: