Can Non-Refundable deposits be moved to another sailing?

Just wondering.... I went to book Harmony, and the only option on the site was the "non-refundable" deposit option. I'm looking at 18 months out - I'm not so sure I want to do something "non-refundable".

So - question, I understand that you cannot get a refund of the deposit - but can a "non-refundable" deposit be moved to a different RC sailing if you cannot make the one you book?

I'd like to get the cruise booked - and at this time don't forsee an issue - but 18 months out is a long time.

Thanks!

If you change dates it will cost $100 pp penalty Unless you are booking a suite once you go all the way thru the booking process and enter all passenger info on the next screen is a box with the refundable amount listed

I have not looked at the consumer booking end of Royal's booking engine, but others have reported that if you go through the booking process, past entering the guest names, you should then have the option of selecting the refundable deposit.

And if you change sailings, you will lose $100/pp of your deposit, so better not to do that if you can avoid it.

I was pretty sure I understood the policy as well, and In fact called to cancel a booking I had for September today.

Since it was a 4 night sailing my deposit was $100 pp. and I booked the non refundable option. I called C &A to cancel and the rep told me they could move my deposit to another sailing if I wanted to increase my deposit by $150 per person for a future sailing. [emoji849][emoji849] [emoji848] so I called back an hour later to try and do just that.

Pretty sure you all know how this story ends. 🤣 made a $200 donation to RCI today when I cancelled my booking. Not unexpected, so I have nothing to gripe about, but perhaps they should consider a different a different “change fee” for shorter sailings so there is some net benefit to booking another sailing at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk