Options when not wanting the mini bar for elite perk

kywildcatfanone

I look at the mini-bar set-up or exchange as a perk; something I didn’t have to pay for. I don’t care if I get the “whole value” or not. I don’t always use all of my Internet minutes, send out laundry 2x/day, etc. so the perceived value is subjective.

ditto. free is free.

I have traded out the mini bar alcohol (on many cruises) for Buckler's non-alcoholic beer, however, last cruise in May they told me no more trade's for Buckler's. They only will trade Booze for Booze or Coffee Card's.... too bad I quit drinking alcohol

As recently as March, they were still trading booze for soda or water on a one-for-one basis.

I hate to give me something that had probably $20 in value for something with $10, but I guess the options are limited.

If you don't want the alcohol, it is basically worthless to you. On the other hand, it cost you nothing. Trade for something you want, or pass it to some of your Roll Call friends.

I am Elite status through my sailings with P&O. We are going on a 3 night cruise on Sapphire Princess in October, our second Princess cruise and first as Elite, and I have a couple of questions about the mini bar I would like some help with.

1. Do you get the same set up on a short cruise?

2. If you swap the set up for a bottle of wine can you take this into the MDR or is it only for in cabin?

I am Elite status through my sailings with P&O. We are going on a 3 night cruise on Sapphire Princess in October, our second Princess cruise and first as Elite, and I have a couple of questions about the mini bar I would like some help with.

1. Do you get the same set up on a short cruise?

2. If you swap the set up for a bottle of wine can you take this into the MDR?

Yes & Yes

Sorry, but does that mean they swipe your card to "use a punch" or would they put a different sticker like they do for the unlimited drink package?

From what I was told by a barista they'll store your punches on their computer system & they'll reduce them as you use them.

No sticker is issued.

If you run out of credits (punches) they'll simply charge you for your next purchase.

You can always sell the mini-bar contents to someone on your roll-call, that's what I am doing with ours.

How much would you sell the complete package for after exchanging the contents for what we would want in the package?

How much would you sell the complete package for after exchanging the contents for what we would want in the package?
Please don’t talk about selling the minibar on CC. I imagine Princess changed to the new coffee card system to eliminate the resale market. Not because it was costing then a significant amount of money but because they didn’t like the practice. Talk of selling a mini bar could bring unwanted changes.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Please don’t talk about selling the minibar on CC. I imagine Princess changed to the new coffee card system to eliminate the resale market. Not because it was costing then a significant amount of money but because they didn’t like the practice. Talk of selling a mini bar could bring unwanted changes.

I'm not sure how you could go about selling the mini bar setup on the ship? I think it would be a little hard to do.

Any ideas? :D

Maybe Princess will decide to offer an interesting choice to suites/elites: Princess can provide a minibar setup OR one bag of free laundry every 3 days. Kinda reels kn perceived abuses, doesn"t it? Thibk what happened to unlimited suite internet, fkr instance

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Forums mobile app

Totally agree!

If we are flying home, we try to give away the extra cans of soda and bottles of water to people we have met who are staying on for the next cruise. The little mini bottles of liquor are small enough to pack. They come in handy for cooking. I recently made whisky and orange marmalade steamed puddings with the little bottles of Scotch.

Maybe Princess will decide to offer an interesting choice to suites/elites: Princess can provide a minibar setup OR one bag of free laundry every 3 days. Kinda reels kn perceived abuses, doesn"t it? Thibk what happened to unlimited suite internet, fkr instance

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Forums mobile app

There was a reason for unlimited it was really, really s l o w..........elite and platinum had it as well if I am remembering correctly....

I have always traded my soft drinks for gingerale...was very disappointed when they removed cans from PDP as I like to keep a few in the fridge when I feel sea sick....

cannot exchange for rootbeer, I have tried....

My wife would like the root beer. I enjoy a good A&W with a frozen mug, and a nice carhop.