Help Me Decide-7 Night Getaway 9/30/18 H9 Haven vs 14 Night Reflection 12/7/18 Aqua

taylortime05

I am having a tough time deciding between these 2itineraries. I currently have the 14 night Reflection booked. But it's tough reserving enough vacation time for this cruise while stillworking. It is still possible though. I just saw a greatdeal on H9 Haven on Getaway for 2189 pp.

1) Price - Both approximately5K

2) Perks - On Reflectiondrinks, prepaid grats, and 500 OBC. On Getaway drinks, specialty dining,Shore Excursion Credit & Wi-Fi. Also, since Getaway would be a newbooking I could book with an online TA and get free pre-paid grats and someOBC.

3) Itinerary - Reflection is 14nights and visits ABC islands which I have not seen. Getaway visitsWestern Caribbean and islands I have been to before.

4) Cabin - Reflection is AquaCabin. I was on Eclipse but in Concierge Cabin. Haven onGetaway. I've been on NCL once in Aft Haven on Escape and loved theexperience.

5) Food - Reflection we can eatin Blu and on Getaway in Haven.

6) Entertainment - I think bothwill have good entertainments with Getaway having the edge

7) Time of Year - Reflection isin December so outside of Hurricane season. Getaway leaves Sept 30,right in middle of Hurricane Season.

Which would you pick andwhy? I appreciate your help.

Reflection, 14 nights is so much better than 7. You've barely unpacked on a 7 day before it's time to pack again. I haven't been on either of these ships but I have been on Silhouette which is a sister to Reflection and it is my favorite Celebrity ship. I love Blu (AQ class dining.) ABC islands are very nice.

I didn't have to read all the other info once I saw 14 nights versus 7 nights for the same price. Another draw is the ABC islands. If you take the 7 night it would be just to enjoy the ship since you've been to the ports before.

I'd pick 14 nights although I'd like to try the Haven some day.

Aye. 14 day over 7 anytime. But, I vote that you do BOTH!! I've only sailed with Celebrity and have heard mixed things about NCL, but if you go on NCL, Haven seems like the way to go. Wishing you smooth sailing whatever you decide.

Reflection, 14 nights is so much better than 7. You've barely unpacked on a 7 day before it's time to pack again. I haven't been on either of these ships but I have been on Silhouette which is a sister to Reflection and it is my favorite Celebrity ship. I love Blu (AQ class dining.) ABC islands are very nice.
14d Reflection for sure! Beautiful ship, ABC Islands, and DOUBLE the time on the Ocean!

Teabag: I've been on both and found Silhouette experience better, since it didn't feel as busy as Reflection.

I had a similar decision.

I was booked on a 7 night Eastern Caribbean in MSC Yacht Club and I cancelled and booked the 14 night Reflection in an obstructed balcony.

I was planning to spend those 2 weeks on vacation regardless (Reflection or Seaside + somewhere land based), but in the end, the itinerary was the biggest decider. I really want to do the ABC Islands, Grenada and St Lucia and I’m not that keen to do another Eastern cruise.

The private club area of MSC Seaside sounded great, but if my priority was pampering, I could book into a 5 star hotel anywhere in the world.

The world is full of wonders and I want to see them all. :-)

Thank you for all the responses. I think I will stay on the Reflection. I really enjoyed the Eclipse and this 14 day itinerary is very nice. But can't wait until I can afford to travel in the NCL Haven again because that was wonderful too! The rate they had for the SPA Haven on Getaway was what got me thinking about the switch because I haven't seen the cabin price as low as 2199. But this sailing was end of Sept so prime hurricane season.

Def the Reflection. While the Haven is nice- it is still not nearly as nice as the Reflection. Food so much better on Celebrity, less crowds, less smoke- no all day announcements- Love the adult pool area on Celebrity.

We love the Solstice and Reflection our two favorite ships- but we will be trying the edge also this winter. Lawn Club grill the best. We probably will not do NCL Haven again. It is so overpriced for a "carnival" cruise. Would do Oceania if I wanted to spend that kind of money.

Even in the NCL speciality restaurants, we found the food like Friday's. Only the entertainment on NCL better.

Thank you for all the responses. I think I will stay on the Reflection. I really enjoyed the Eclipse and this 14 day itinerary is very nice. But can't wait until I can afford to travel in the NCL Haven again because that was wonderful too! The rate they had for the SPA Haven on Getaway was what got me thinking about the switch because I haven't seen the cabin price as low as 2199. But this sailing was end of Sept so prime hurricane season.

Enjoy your 2 week cruise. Having done it twice already, we are very partial to this 14 night itinerary and we are scheduled for the one that sails in Jan.

Another reason to take the 14 nighter is that this itinerary appears to be going away from Celebrity's Caribbean portfolio. So you might as well enjoy it while you can!

Just a FYI...

When you get "free drinks" or "free specialty dining" on NCL you are still responsible for gratuities on the drink package or dining package. This can add up !!

These are included in any "free" package on X

Steve

Would never go on a cruise for anything less than 14 nights, preferably much longer. My first cruise was for 10 nights some years ago. Made sure that didn't happen again. My longest cruise was for 38 nights, which was bliss.

In the "for what it's worth" category: "fewer than 14 nights" rather than "less". Celebrity might consider offering English grammar classes on their longer trips, perhaps as a perk to the Elite++ folk.

The Crusin Grammarian

14d Reflection for sure! Beautiful ship, ABC Islands, and DOUBLE the time on the Ocean!

Teabag: I've been on both and found Silhouette experience better, since it didn't feel as busy as Reflection.

Thank you for the heads up, Shadow. Reflection is the only S class we have not sailed on and we are always thinking about booking it. We are booked on Silhouette TA in Nov and looking forward to it.

Thank you for coming back and telling us what you chose. Hope you have an amazing cruise and that you try the Lawn Club Grill.

Thank you for the heads up, Shadow. Reflection is the only S class we have not sailed on and we are always thinking about booking it. We are booked on Silhouette TA in Nov and looking forward to it.
The Reflection is still a wonderful ship and you will also have a wonderful experience if you book it.

I am having a tough time deciding between these 2itineraries. I currently have the 14 night Reflection booked. But it's tough reserving enough vacation time for this cruise while stillworking. It is still possible though. I just saw a greatdeal on H9 Haven on Getaway for 2189 pp.

1) Price - Both approximately5K

2) Perks - On Reflectiondrinks, prepaid grats, and 500 OBC. On Getaway drinks, specialty dining,Shore Excursion Credit & Wi-Fi. Also, since Getaway would be a newbooking I could book with an online TA and get free pre-paid grats and someOBC.

3) Itinerary - Reflection is 14nights and visits ABC islands which I have not seen. Getaway visitsWestern Caribbean and islands I have been to before.

4) Cabin - Reflection is AquaCabin. I was on Eclipse but in Concierge Cabin. Haven onGetaway. I've been on NCL once in Aft Haven on Escape and loved theexperience.

5) Food - Reflection we can eatin Blu and on Getaway in Haven.

6) Entertainment - I think bothwill have good entertainments with Getaway having the edge

7) Time of Year - Reflection isin December so outside of Hurricane season. Getaway leaves Sept 30,right in middle of Hurricane Season.

Which would you pick andwhy? I appreciate your help.

Personally, 14 days wins it for me! Not sure the rest. you'd eat in Haven area.Overall food on NCL is about the worst in the industry. Specialty rest. are decent & I believe there's a dedicated rest. for Haven & the villas. Aqua is a decent rest. though not as good as Luminae. We're foodies & in the industry so very good food is very important to us. Still the 14 days gives the edge to the Reflection in my book. That & the area(new islands for you) unlikely chance of any hurricanes, either.

In the "for what it's worth" category: "fewer than 14 nights" rather than "less". Celebrity might consider offering English grammar classes on their longer trips, perhaps as a perk to the Elite++ folk.

The Crusin Grammarian

You may have a full time job on these boards, but may I suggest for your first mission.....should you decide to accept it.....that you tackle the cruisers that eat in the "dinning" room. That alone should keep you busy until about 2024.:D