Faster to the Fun Price Increased

Freebird63

Carnival might have reached the “too much” price point already.

FTTF was released for our cruise on May 1st.

Here it is over a month & a half later and it’s still available.

Not on my cruise people are going nuts looking for spots to open up.

I don't know but I didn't find dsotm73's post mean spirited.

He simply asked a question while shaking his head.

The reference to carrying on your luggage was about moongals's post stating she pays the $90 just so her room is ready since she carries on her bags.

Anyway was just my take on the reference. Did't find it inflammatory at all.

The other person that said people are fools should be taken for what they are. That poster is the Henny Youngman of the Carnival board.

YMMV

Bill

Thank you. That was exactly the reference point. Some people are too busy looking to be offended to be able to follow along. (OK, maybe that was a little mean-spirited).:cool:

Not on my cruise people are going nuts looking for spots to open up.

I follow a lot of cruise pages on FB, and I can attest there is still a feeding frenzy for FTTF. Not a day goes by without multiple posts on "Is FTTF worth it?" and "When will more FTTF be made available for my cruise?"

Well, I will relish my $20 “savings” this year and be prepared to pay the $89.95 next year. Love FTTF and Carnival cruising. ;p:D

You were right. Someone just referred to the OP and others that like FTTF “fools.” :rolleyes: Another person referred to it as “$90 to carry on your luggage.” They turn mean spirited really quick. Just because you don’t see the value in something doesn’t mean it isn’t of value. And name calling shows a complete lack of class. I have no idea what the reference to carrying on luggage is about. They obviously have no idea what FTTF is about. I’m platinum now but when we used to use FTTF it was never about getting our luggage carried on. We loved the short line at guest services, the priority tenders, and early boarding. And even though I’m platinum and some of my peers complain about the FTTF people, I don’t. I understand why they purchase it and the value they see in it.

They keep bumping up prices for quite a few amenities/excursions. I booked a cruise on Pride in January and reserved a cabana in HMC for $279. By February it was $289. Now, it's up to $319. Villas are $594. And there's been zero changes to any of them for the price hike. But, I still think there's much more value to the cabanas that FTTF.

Whether cruisers buy FTTF or not is their individual decision. What I can't understand is why some folk who are fond of paying for one use FTTF multiple times, won't invest in a passport or Global Entry that gives benefits for 10 and 5 years.

And if fools keep buying it , guess ?? it will be 109.95 next year.

Well...CCL makes a lot more money on the fools purchasing cheers too...but that doesnt stop those fools from buying!!! Matter of opinion I guess...you spend your $$$ where you want the others will do the same...;p

They keep bumping up prices for quite a few amenities/excursions. I booked a cruise on Pride in January and reserved a cabana in HMC for $279. By February it was $289. Now, it's up to $319. Villas are $594. And there's been zero changes to any of them for the price hike. But, I still think there's much more value to the cabanas that FTTF.

And people keep right on paying the increasing prices for all of those one time uses. But your money is your money and my money is my money.

Whether cruisers buy FTTF or not is their individual decision. What I can't understand is why some folk who are fond of paying for one use FTTF multiple times, won't invest in a passport or Global Entry that gives benefits for 10 and 5 years.

What does a passport or global entry have to do with FTTF? I have a passport and KTN. Am I supposed to get something extra from Carnival? :confused:

And if fools keep buying it , guess ?? it will be 109.95 next year.

Well...CCL makes a lot more money on the fools purchasing cheers too...but that doesnt stop those fools from buying!!! Matter of opinion I guess...you spend your $$$ where you want the others will do the same...;p

Absolutely! I did math on Cheers as well and don’t indulge in the spirits enough to justify. Otherwise I would buy if I did. ;p;p

What does a passport or global entry have to do with FTTF? I have a passport and KTN. Am I supposed to get something extra from Carnival? :confused:

Carnival's MIA and FLL have dedicated expedited Global Entry lines at US Customs, usually with nary a soul waiting there. More ports will be added as US Customs decide.

Can get me through Customs in less than 2 minutes, while others wait way longer after the cruise is over. I can be past airline security while others are still in line at the cruiseport Customs.

We are Diamond and used to the perks.

Many people think getting FTTF is the best thing since sliced bread. Still wondering how many they do sell for each cruise

That's what I wonder as well. How many do they sell per cruise?

And how much do they really make selling FTTF? Hmmm someone who has the time go and check their financials and report your findings. Thx

I'm just cheap and never would buy it. [emoji1] .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Forums mobile app

Carnival's MIA and FLL have dedicated expedited Global Entry lines at US Customs, usually with nary a soul waiting there. More ports will be added as US Customs decide.

Can get me through Customs in less than 2 minutes, while others wait way longer after the cruise is over. I can be past airline security while others are still in line at the cruiseport Customs.

Got it. Thanks for the info!

Yes, they continue to raise the cost of FTTF and many folks here (me included) believe they will keep doing so until the pain point for a majority of their customers is reached and sales drop off significantly.
That point will remain far in the future as long as the right number of people with more dollars than sense continue to cruise. I'm not begrudging those folks. It's their money to spend. But IMHO the value of FTTF is over-inflated. I enjoyed cruising just as much back before that red priority logo started appearing on my boarding pass and luggage tags. I didn't love having to carry my bags around with me for an hour or two, but I didn't hate it enough that I would have paid a hundred bucks to not have to do it. But then, a hundred bucks is a meaningful amount of money to me. To some I suppose it is not and as I said, it is theirs to fork over if they want.

Yes. LAST cruise we walked right in at our assigned check-in time, waited just a few minutes and were called to board. We were aboard just a few minutes after our friends who had purchases FTTF

The staggered check-in times are a great system. I've always gotten on pretty quickly. Never saw a need to pay extra to expedite it more.

I completely understand the value in "priority passes," but I personally find FTTF to be worthless. I bought it for my last cruise, and immediately returned it. To me it's like a placebo to feel like you get expedited, but there's limited use unless you want to get to your room super-early and go to guest services a lot. Wasn't worth even the old price of $80.

Now, if you could get priority access to getting on and off the ship and skip other lines like lido or Punchliner, SIGN ME UP. Those are actual lines I would pay to skip.

Def. Not worth it to me anymore because with the new staggered check in at port it seems pointless to me at the price they are pushing for these days.

I travel usually with enough people to have 5 rooms and we each have purchased for each room every other cruise, but this time none of us are buying it.

However im sure some people will and thats fine for them.

But i feel like ill be getting on the ship right after them and with no tender ports on this cruise 79.00 for a 5 day is just silly for me.

So far FTTF has not sold out yet for our cruise in Oct. this year.

My mother is a worry wart and gets very anxious about the timing of things. That includes things like getting on/off the ship, shore excursions, etc. Even though I tell her (and provide her with links to threads and posts) that we will have plenty of time to get on and off the ship, she'll make herself physically ill with worry. That's not how I want to start or finish our vacation. $90 is a small price to pay for her peace of mind. Knowing that we can roll up to the terminal whenever we want (regardless of check-in time) and drop off our carry-on and soda at our room is worth it to us.

I know why I don't have Global Entry. I don't drive outside of my area frequently and to get the Global Entry, it's a 3 hour drive each way to do so. I know it's not as good, but I opted to get a Known Traveler Number as I could do that locally. I do have a passport.

I hope that Carnival continues with FTTF and people keep buying it because that money can help with increasing cruise prices or with the additions of other things for all of us. If you don't want it, don't buy it, but saying people who do are fools shows your lack of intelligence and class.

Carnival is still short changing themselves with these frequent increases. Just gone and bump to $125 per cabin for every sailing and leave it that way for a while. I bet they would do just fine. It's already $100 for longer cruises and people are chomping at the bit to get it in many cases.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

That point will remain far in the future as long as the right number of people with more dollars than sense continue to cruise. I'm not begrudging those folks. It's their money to spend. But IMHO the value of FTTF is over-inflated. I enjoyed cruising just as much back before that red priority logo started appearing on my boarding pass and luggage tags. I didn't love having to carry my bags around with me for an hour or two, but I didn't hate it enough that I would have paid a hundred bucks to not have to do it. But then, a hundred bucks is a meaningful amount of money to me. To some I suppose it is not and as I said, it is theirs to fork over if they want.

2 hours early on the ship, when little to nothing is going on, isn't worth any more than it's pro-rated value in my opinion. Sure, if your cabin is $540 a day, and $3,800 for the week, seems like a fair trade, but more relatable to Oceania, Viking Ocean, or Azamara.

No matter which line, we do a late checkout of our hotel. No problems getting checked in immediately, short lines, and our room is already ready. If the cruise line offered me $100 to show up at 2PM instead of noon, I would do it in a heart beat!

Just off my first carnival cruise recently.

I had to go to guest services a few times, nothing major but just needed to speak with someone. NOT having to wait in that super long line at guest services alone made it worth it for me.