bathroom suspended over the side

I actually saw this a few days ago and I wonder if they thought everything through so no one can see you showering? I mean that's kind of a daunting task to design a bathroom like that and make sure no one can see in on a cruise ship. Looks really cool though.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I actually saw this a few days ago and I wonder if they thought everything through so no one can see you showering? I mean that's kind of a daunting task to design a bathroom like that and make sure no one can see in on a cruise ship. Looks really cool though.

It's kind of like the shower in the Celebrity Reflection. The glass has an frost feature where you throw a switch and it immediately becomes opaque to provide privacy. I'm sure this would be the same thing.

It's kind of like the shower in the Celebrity Reflection. The glass has an frost feature where you throw a switch and it immediately becomes opaque to provide privacy. I'm sure this would be the same thing.

You're probably right. I would guess, and maybe wrong that opaque would require power and the power off would be clear. Hope you don't lose power while showering in port.

Kinda of reminds me of Central Park/Boardwalk balconies....people have the sheers closed, but don't close the drapes when disrobing. :o Hopefully people don't forget to throw the switch!

You're probably right. I would guess, and maybe wrong that opaque would require power and the power off would be clear. Hope you don't lose power while showering in port.
And then for the person that doesn't care they let it all hang out for whoever wants a peak. [emoji16]

I'm not terribly interested to begin with. At $50K for 7 days, I am definitely out.
I didn't even know the price but was wondering. Um yeah I'm so far out I'm barely on the same ship. We are looking at Bermuda next year and I'm desperately trying to keep it under 3 grand in a balcony. So yeah this is not for this blue collar guy. Ha ha. [emoji16]

For the home windows that currently exist with this technology, the power off mode is opaque. The powered mode is clear, something about it excites the particles and goes clear.

Thus, if the power is out, the windows are frosted.

http://www.smartglassinternational.com/electric-switchable-glass/

For the home windows that currently exist with this technology, the power off mode is opaque. The powered mode is clear, something about it excites the particles and goes clear.

Thus, if the power is out, the windows are frosted.

http://www.smartglassinternational.com/electric-switchable-glass/

That makes more sense and I thought that might be the case. My degree in Electronic Engineering is now 39 years old.

I remember 20 yrs ago when Voyager came out. Has public Men's room with the Granite wall you go Wee on will looking out over the deck below...

I seem to recall that the pee wall came later.

So, at what point would you want to be in the bathroom and have clear glass others can possibly see into?

I could see having a sitting area jutting out, but THIS sitting area? [emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using Forums