Lost

kjwinston2019

OK, I am getting confused here: Do we go to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale to enter a Celebrity ship. I want to get an Hotel close. Can someone help me here?

Depends on where the ship will be docked. Some cruises leave from Port of Miami; some leave from Port Everglades (Fort Lauderdale).

Depends on which ship and sailing. Celebrity has ships sailing from both ports.

Check your reservation if it says Miama or Port of Miami (POM) you are leaving from Miami.

If it say Ft Lauderdale or Port Everglades your ship will sail from Fort Lauderdale.

Sometimes either one will work. If the flight is much cheaper flying into MIA or FLL, it worth staying near the airport no matter where your ship is. Then just call for uber. Check prices of hotels at both locations as well.

Sometimes either one will work. If the flight is much cheaper flying into MIA or FLL, it worth staying near the airport no matter where your ship is. Then just call for uber. Check prices of hotels at both locations as well.
s

Absolutely....we fly into FLL all the time on Southwest and it takes about 45 minutes (on average) to get from FLL to Port of Miami (if there's 2 of you they use the HOV lane). I don't like Uber so I use Go airport shuttle and have never had a problem. We do fly in the day before especially for a winter cruise because where we live we never know when it will snow...sometimes we stay in Miami at the Hampton Inn at the airport, which is within very easy walking to fantastic restaurants and has a shuttle to the port (not free but cheap) and sometimes we stay in Lauderdale at the Hilton Garden Inn which has free airport pick-up and a restaurant and a shuttle to Port Everglades (not sure if it's free because we haven't sailed FROM Lauderdale yet)

If you are talking about your April 2019 cruise on Reflectiion, it leaves from Port Everglades. FLL airport is the closest. Other options are MIA or even PBI

There are several hotels near the port, a few I can think of are Renaissance, Hilton Marina, Embassy Suites.

Looks like I will be going out of the Ft Lauderdale port. Any suggestions to use as an Hotel, or does it really matter how close you are. I would love it if the Hotel as a Shuttle to the dock. Or should we just take an Taxi.

Looks like I will be going out of the Ft Lauderdale port. Any suggestions to use as an Hotel, or does it really matter how close you are. I would love it if the Hotel as a Shuttle to the dock. Or should we just take an Taxi.

We like to use the Hyatt Place Convention Center in FLL. They have both an airport and dock shuttle from the hotel.

Many Ft Laud hotels have shuttles...some free, some not.

Really easy just to get a taxi...short ride from 17th St Causeway hotels.

We stay at Emb Suites..older property but well maintained.,.breakfast buffet, evening cocktails are included. Awesome swimming pool area.,

Suggest you check the port board for Fla departures for many ideas and more info.

When cruising from Ft. Lauderdale we either stay at the Embassy Suites or the Hyatt Place Convention Center. They are just minutes away from the port by taxi. Blocks away from Total Wine and a Publix. Easy walking distance to some fun restaurants as well.

Are you cruising on the Reflection April 2019? I am looking at that cruise also. I lived in Swan Valley, ID for almost 10 years. Just fyi.

;p

:cool: