Odds of getting a table for 30 one night with "Your Time DInning'?

LongHill44

Wait, many here said it couldn’t be done?

Thanks for the promising info, we emailed the MDR and will go there once we get on the ship. If possible we will do it the day and time they recommend. Even if it is 8:30 or 9:00.

Thanks for the promising info

IF it’s gonna happen, they will probably tell you to get there first thing at about 5:45 right when they open. Once it starts filling up, chances are slim to none and I don’t see them reserving a table for anyone. That wouldn’t be right. You would have had better luck with a traditional dining time. While there’s no way you will get a table for 30, they would have put you close together.

On the Dream, there was a conference type room on the side of the main dining room for larges groups. I am not sure if other ships has this arrangement. ( I also wonder if a few members of this group might want a table for two on at least one night.)

Good luck and enjoy.

Wait, many here said it couldn’t be done?

Thanks for the promising info, we emailed the MDR and will go there once we get on the ship. If possible we will do it the day and time they recommend. Even if it is 8:30 or 9:00.

Thanks for the promising info

Physically, it can be done It just wouldn't be done.

Just remember...less than 10% of cruisers even know about this site!!clear.png?emoji-cool-1690 The few newbies that do find it, need not be shastized (sp) for asking newbie questions???

The repeat posters, may not even know about your answers? I mean "Really"...my wife's saying....

If they ask a repeat question and you know the answer, either point them to the link or answer the damn question...it is that simple.... no need to be so omnipotent!

I already said I don’t fault the newbies. The repeat posters do know about the answers and I am mostly talking about recent events. Multiple posts in the same day by the same poster and they are clearly aware of the answers they have been given. As far as Cheers questions or whatever else gets brought up a billion times that can easily be answered by a quick search, I don’t chime in for the most part unless I see inaccurate info being posted and especially repeated. That’s the problem with people making multiple posts - they might not get the accurate info they seek unless someone that knows better jumps in. That may be less likely to happen if it’s a subject that is repeated very often or by the same person in a matter of minutes or hours.

Would be easier to have a group text than a spoken conversation

For once, we agree!

One cruise we had 13 at a 14 top. It was horrible, could only talk to those next to us.

Why are you Americans so unkind?

(Ducks head to avoid incoming missiles.)

We aren't as a whole. We, statistically speaking, are the most generous people in the world. However, that said, our culture - especially the on line portion of it - has a tendency at times to be snarky. We are a vocal country that speaks its mind - for better or for worse. And just as Firemanbobswife pointed out - people get a bit obsessed with getting what they want "now." Big city people are the worst about it. I should know as I have lived in big cities and small towns and traveled to almost all 50 states and the same is universally American. Love us or leave us..either way, we won't hold it against you...because we too value your right to speak your mind and act your conscience. Welcome to the home of the free - we aren't perfect but we will keep trying!

We have 30 in our group, all doing your time dinning. If we email and stop by the MDR and request just one night for a table of 30, they can tell us the day and time, think it could work?

We are 14 adults and 16 kids, even if we need to break us up into 2-4 tables...……..

Thoughts?

What happened between end of May and now? Did you forget you already asked this. I notice you never returned to the thread you created back then. Here was the first response to you in that thread:

We did last October we had 30 on our group. Getting seated wasn't an issue we were usually broken up between 3 tables. The issue we had was one table would be getting desserts as another was getting the entree. After night 2 people started to just do there own thing and go when they wanted it started to get to hectic getting everyone together on the same page.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Forums mobile app

Maybe it's just me, but maybe you should actually read the responses to your questions before asking the same question again.

Here, let me add some happy emoji's so some folks don't think I'm just being rude. :):):):*:)

I would say it's pretty unlikely and would be quite a burden. You wouldn't even be able to talk to all 30 people at one table. I believe the biggest tables they have seat 8 people and they are bolted the the floor.

Then how do they push them together?

With a ship as sensational as the Splendor there surely must be a way 30 persons can find a more meaningful way to share quality time together to celebrate their group (or one to lay tribute to)?

How about "Amazing Places for 30 to Gather on the Splendor", outside of a structured meal plan?? Any suggestions out there to those that KNOW the Splendor first hand? I am thinking a meet up at Robusto Bar for an hour or hour an a half and continue the party to Bingo...see about reserving a block of seats at Bingo with Guest Services beforehand. That sounds like a fun time to me! Very interactive, much more so than attempting any type of food fiasco IMHO. Best wishes to the one who even attempts to gather the troops! :');)

With a ship as sensational as the Splendor there surely must be a way 30 persons can find a more meaningful way to share quality time together to celebrate their group (or one to lay tribute to)?

How about "Amazing Places for 30 to Gather on the Splendor", outside of a structured meal plan?? Any suggestions out there to those that KNOW the Splendor first hand? I am thinking a meet up at Robusto Bar for an hour or hour an a half and continue the party to Bingo...see about reserving a block of seats at Bingo with Guest Services beforehand. That sounds like a fun time to me! Very interactive, much more so than attempting any type of food fiasco IMHO. Best wishes to the one who even attempts to gather the troops! :');)

The Rubosto bar is a great place for a group to gather. On my cruise it was never busy. It would be very easy to find seats for everybody. Bingo is held in the theater and I'm sure you could find seats together, but talking a socializing when everybody is faced in the same direction my be a challenge.

Since OP is gone on his cruise, we can probably put this and the rest of his 160 some posts to bed. I'm with the rest of you, tired of answering the same questions over and over and listening to his "I'll just do whatever I want to" responses along with his fishing for ways to skirt the rules and gain special favors for "his" group.

I know that it happens over and over, but the shear volume of his posts was simply exhausting.

Since OP is gone on his cruise, we can probably put this and the rest of his 160 some posts to bed. I'm with the rest of you, tired of answering the same questions over and over and listening to his "I'll just do whatever I want to" responses along with his fishing for ways to skirt the rules and gain special favors for "his" group.

I know that it happens over and over, but the shear volume of his posts was simply exhausting.

I believe it has to do with this one particular poster. He's exhausting and finally his posts became exasperating. I'm glad he's on his cruise and is done with the endless, repeated questions. Most people will put several questions into one thread. Not this guy. It had to be one thread, one question with several questions per day. As others stated, he'd refuse the answer "it can't be done" waiting for the one poster that said they actually got whatever the OP was looking for.

I lost any sympathy for the guy when he started saying he could get anything he wanted with a big enough tip.

I’m sure we’ll hear how they all checked in early, went to their cabins to change into their bathing suits even though they weren’t supposed to (but it was OK because they gave the RS a tip and they said sure, no problem). And how they moseyed in to YTD at 8PM and got sat next to each other, and something about Bluetooth/WiFi/Sprint charges just to name a few.

I really do enjoy helping and I give people the benefit of the doubt especially when they are new to cruising. But when they repeatedly ask the same questions over and over again and look to argue with people who let them know how it is, I lose my patience. Can’t wait to hear how many times we were all wrong and what tipping can get you. Of course I won’t believe a word of it. There’s no doubt they would say those things even if they weren’t true just to try and stir things up.