Canadian cruisers: Good news and Bad

nordski

First the Good News from Quest. Heather Costerton from Vancouver is the pianist performing in Spirits and the Living Room.

Very personable and will perform Joni Mitchell and Ian Tyson songs. Might be the first time “Four Strong Winds” has been performed on a ship in the Med.

Now for the Bad. The waffles on board are quite good but the syrup provided doesn’t come near to matching their quality.

Bring your own packets of good [emoji260] maple syrup to avoid disappointment.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We’re boarding tomorrow. Looking forward to hearing the Canadian pianist.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hope your cruise is every bit as good as ours.

i have never seen maple syrup on any cruise - just the imitation "syrup" which is why i never eat waffles or pancakes with the fake stuff.

No doubt you are correct, so this is an entire market of discerning cruisers available to an enterprising cruise line. [emoji1]

First the Good News from Quest. Heather Costerton from Vancouver is the pianist performing in Spirits and the Living Room.

Very personable and will perform Joni Mitchell and Ian Tyson songs. Might be the first time “Four Strong Winds” has been performed on a ship in the Med.

Now for the Bad. The waffles on board are quite good but the syrup provided doesn’t come near to matching their quality.

Bring your own packets of good [emoji260] maple syrup to avoid disappointment.

I am always very disappointed with the "fake" maple syrup. I have mentioned this in feedback but nothing ever seems to change.

i have never seen maple syrup on any cruise - just the imitation "syrup" which is why i never eat waffles or pancakes with the fake stuff.

In fact, during the charter from Montreal to New Orleans two years ago, Quest brought onboard large quantities of maple syrup from Canada and served it for months afterwards..

The only problem with real maple syrup, whether from Canada or Vermont or elsewhere, is that once you try it, you never want any other kind. Maybe the Quest still has some hidden away onboard.:)

In fact, during the charter from Montreal to New Orleans two years ago, Quest brought onboard large quantities of maple syrup from Canada and served it for months afterwards..

To this point, I have only cruised on Princess, Celebrity, Royal Caribbean, and Carnival (long ago). I suppose it makes sense that Azamara might have it during certain itineraries and ones that follow while you would never see this on mass market line. Even though our price for bottles of the real stuff is 3X the fake stuff, the cost per use is still very inexpensive, so I never think twice about buying it. Most of ours in New England is from Vermont (not Canada).

Real food - I did not know there was an alternative to maple syrup until I visited the US and our maple syrup was imported from Canada, so expensive.

And yes, I have enjoyed real maple syrup from the US in the US.

I thought you were going to say that a curling sheet had been installed on Quest.

But I am not sure if that would be Good News or Bad News.

Well, that made me laugh!

You can be certain that any self-respecting curling club would have real Canadian maple syrup available at the bar.

However probably not true in a club in Florida.

• 2 months later...