Comedy and Cake Questions

Sailing on the Magic 7/14 and can't wait!

Last summer in order to see a comedy show, we had to show up an hour before at the night club, get a number, come back 20 minutes before the show to get tickets to go in. Is that still the procedure? We cruised on the Inspiration and just showed up and found a seat.

It will be our anniversary, and I was considering the room decorations and cake. Does anyone know the latest I can purchase that? I want it to be a surprise. When does the cake arrive?

Regarding cake...Probably your best option is to call Carnival’s Fun Shop (1-800-522-7648) to learn when is the latest you can order. You are also able to order the cake & decorations through Cherry On Top once you get on board and they will ask when you would like it delivered.

Thanks on the cake answers. I knew you could order a cake once on board, but I think the decorations have to be pre-ordered. I will just call them to be sure. Just wanted to see if anyone had an experience with it.

As far as the comedy club goes, I swear that was the procedure. I know it sounds crazy, but that is what they made us do and it was really a hassle. It sounds like that is no longer the case, so that is good. Yes, it was the Carnival Magic I was on.

We sailed the MAGIC in MArch, with a completely full ship, and the COmedy Club did not have any crowd control requirements in order to see a show. You simply just went in. And, they didn't even make us leave the venue between shows, which happens on other ships.

CeleBrat

Thanks on the cake answers. I knew you could order a cake once on board, but I think the decorations have to be pre-ordered. I will just call them to be sure. Just wanted to see if anyone had an experience with it.

As far as the comedy club goes, I swear that was the procedure. I know it sounds crazy, but that is what they made us do and it was really a hassle. It sounds like that is no longer the case, so that is good. Yes, it was the Carnival Magic I was on.

It is entirely possible that they were trying out a new procedure.

We sailed the MAGIC in MArch, with a completely full ship, and the COmedy Club did not have any crowd control requirements in order to see a show. You simply just went in. And, they didn't even make us leave the venue between shows, which happens on other ships.

CeleBrat

Some comedy club managers seem to be rather lazy. Rather not fair to people who want to see later shows like the adult one.

Some comedy club managers seem to be rather lazy. Rather not fair to people who want to see later shows like the adult one.

The last few cruises I've been on everyone leaves on their own because an adult show will let out at 10pm and the next one won't start until 11:30. Not sure what the schedule on Magic is. But on Breeze, Freedom and Triumph the time between shows took care of the crowds.

On the last two, three cruises we've been on, the club managers cleared the room between shows.

HOWEVER..we haven't been on the Freedom in over a year and I'm wondering if that's still the case on this particular ship. Because I hate having to get up and give up a decent seat only to get in line, stand there for 30 min and then have to stand at the back near the bar because it's so crowded. I don't mind sitting the 30-45 min between shows because I take my e-reader with me everywhere so I always have something to do.

On the last two, three cruises we've been on, the club managers cleared the room between shows.

HOWEVER..we haven't been on the Freedom in over a year and I'm wondering if that's still the case on this particular ship. Because I hate having to get up and give up a decent seat only to get in line, stand there for 30 min and then have to stand at the back near the bar because it's so crowded. I don't mind sitting the 30-45 min between shows because I take my e-reader with me everywhere so I always have something to do.

When I was on Freedom last year the manager didn’t have to clear the room because the shows were 2 hours apart. Everyone left on their own.

46c3b7ccfb7cde1b6a63b435419ed896.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our shows on the Magic last month definitely weren’t two hours apart (nor are what the picture above shows...which actually says shows happen every hour). For the Magic, our shows we’re almost always 10pm and the 11:15, so that leaves about 45 minutes from the end of one show to the start of the second. The last night was 9:45 and 10:45, so an even shorter wait time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Our shows on the Magic last month definitely weren’t two hours apart (nor are what the picture above shows...which actually says shows happen every hour). For the Magic, our shows we’re almost always 10pm and the 11:15, so that leaves about 45 minutes from the end of one show to the start of the second. The last night was 9:45 and 10:45, so an even shorter wait time.

The picture does not say that shows occur every hour. 9:30 show ends at 10. Next show is at 11:30...and nobody stuck around for an hour and a half.

Here is another ship. This is Breeze. 9:30 and 11:30 for the adult shows except on the last night when they try to finish earlier.

b4e49ab02b4c6f36a842f3adbf431578.jpg

Looks like Magic does 10 and 11:30. So you’d have an hour between shows.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1C903PvUbMJCwqeDkNqBhXbXnyBYoPrO8/view

Edited by Saint Greg

I'm sailing my 10th carnival cruise next month & have never had to "take a number" for a comedy show.

Our next is Magic, but on Dream 15-20 mins was enough to get a seat. On Vista, which is known on these parts to be a nightmare for the comedy shows, we never waited in line once & went to every show. We only ended up standing for 1 show we arrived late to.

I think the comedy club procedure depends on how popular a show is and what other entertainment is available. On a recent cruise, when there were not a lot of good alternatives, lines for the later show began forming an hour before and were quite long by show time so most latecomers did not get in, On another cruise, when the piano bar and bands were very good, lines for the comedy shows were short.

We have sailed on Magic 2x's in last year (most recent being in April) and have never had to leave the comedy club between shows if we wanted to stay. Also, OP, have never needed to get tickets for the comedy clubs on Magic. :confused:

We just sailed on the Dream last month. There were no numbers to get in for any of the comedy shows. Same procedure last November, also on the Dream. Now, on NCL Escape last summer, we had to get tickets beforehand to see the comedy show. Strangely, too, on the Escape they shut down the bar in the comedy club when the show started; that's another topic.

We have done birthday decorations through the FunShop, and the room was decorated when we boarded. I would presume that it would be the same with anniversary decorations. You can usually choose when the cake is delivered.

I'm sailing my 10th carnival cruise next month & have never had to "take a number" for a comedy show.

Our next is Magic, but on Dream 15-20 mins was enough to get a seat. On Vista, which is known on these parts to be a nightmare for the comedy shows, we never waited in line once & went to every show. We only ended up standing for 1 show we arrived late to.

Same on Breeze

The picture does not say that shows occur every hour. 9:30 show ends at 10. Next show is at 11:30...and nobody stuck around for an hour and a half.

The Freedom picture you posted clearly shows there are shows at 7:30, 8:30, 9:30, 10:30 and sometimes 11:30. There are two performers and they alternate show times. So yes, when the 8:30 show gets out at 9 in the punchliner, there is another show at 9:30.