30th anniversary pin (and cocktail and other celebration)

rols

A while ago on the Seabourn blog was this http://www.seabournclubnews.com/articles/2018/02/020318_01.php entry about their 30th anniversary celebration. I see I dropped a reminder in my calendar to ask for the 30th anniversary pin (delivered as a Seabourn moment) when we board in the summer.

Has anyone received one of these pins, or tried the 30th anniversary cocktail or seen anything on board celebrating this milestone? I thought it was quite a good idea to promote 30 years but I've not seen a post here the whole year mentioning it.

On both legs of our cruise (Ovation June 9th-June 30th), there was a 30th Anniversary Dinner in the MDR. It was on a formal night. There was a signature 30th Anniversary dessert listed on the menu. We did not see any anniversary pins.

• 1 month later...

So the 30th Anniversary pins do exist, it may take a little persistence but if you are sailing in 2018 they are quite lovely and worth collecting as a Seabourn memento. We asked Guest Services twice and got blank stares and a promise no such thing existed, the 3rd time, yes the pins did exist but were for crew but they would see what they could do. A conversation with the room stewardess (who's been our best *ever* on Seabourn) had two pins on our bed that night .. followed two nights later by the pins Guest Services did actually arrange.

They really are a lovely memento and we'll clip them to various bags we use daily as an advert for Seabourn and a daily reminder of the fun we always have on board.

If you're sailing in 2018, ask for the pins, they are very nice indeed.

ba7aa7f3ea7849fc0a6e8adb233a9806.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That must be a slightly more expensive Seabourn pin! I attached a picture of the 30th anniversary one further down the thread, it's somewhat different.

We just got off Odyssey yesterday after a two week Greek Islands cruise ( which was awesome BTW!). We haven't been on Seabourn since 2014 and had only been on the little sisters so not sure what the usual expectations are for the Odyssey. We got a letter in our room within the first couple days saying that there were special things planned to celebrate the 30th. But we never really knew what those things were. We did not get a pin. There was not a special dinner. We got a jar of peppers one night at turn down and evil eyes on another night. We were left wondering if these were 30th gifts or usual treats. We had a couple dance parties on deck, and two classical music concerts by the staff on deck. Again, not sure if these were as per usual or part of the 30th festivities. There is no deck dinner anymore but the last night we had an officers' party with food stations. The entire crew and all the officers came out to deck 9 and walked around. Chelsea and Anna were the CD and assistant CD and I believe they were responsible for a lot of the entertainment on the ship. Sounds like they plan out each cruise and customize what they do depending on the passenger mix.

I reread the link rols posted for Seabourn Club News and noted this...

• Special pins provided to guests upon request, delivered to your suite as a Seabourn Moment

So now I know I will request a pin for our December cruise. So thanks for the head's up rols.:)

I did try the Passion Pearl and though it was quite pleasant and fruity with the addition of passion fruit but it was too sweet for me. But then my preference in cocktail is a vodka dirty martini.

Julie

Good to know that these need to be requested... we’ll do so in November.

I think one of the major gaps with Seabourn is that what marketing puts out does not always trickle down to the ships.

I still recall the heavily marketed Food and Wine cruise in 2016 that the ship had no idea about. Many of us boarded expecting the promised guest chef pasta dinner, wine tastings, “special” epicurean events, etc. The cruise director and Seabourn Square had NO idea, even with a former Seabourn somm back on as a special guest. The staff tried to quickly pull something together, but after reading about the 2014 and 2015 events (thanks to special guest bloggers), many of us expected a repeat thanks to similar marketing. It could have been... alas, no one in Seattle thought it necessary to tell the ship staff.

We were on the Ovation in June 2018 for 21 days. There was a 30th Anniversary Dinner on both legs of this voyage with a special anniversary dessert. We were never told that there was a pin we could request.

If I hadn’t read the original blog post and left myself a reminder we’d never have known about the pin. Onboard the “source” has a 30th anniversary section but the pin isn’t mentioned. I don’t know why Seabourn has downplayed it, would have been nice to deliver them to every suite in 2018 without having to ask.

Anyway if you’re on this year, ask, it’s a lovely memento.