RCI IT lost my MTD reservations

So I boarded Majesty today and was surprised to see a fixed dining time and table assignment on my seapass card. Surprised because I have MTD and made reservations for each night of the cruise five months ago.

So I go to speak to the woman at he MDR this afternoon and she basically responds, “sorry, MTD is full, you have regular dining. Talk to a manager if you want to.” So I do, showing him the email I have from RCI confirming my MTD reservations. He proceeds to take out his phone and snap pictures of my confirmation email (!?!) presumably to report up the chain. I think he was genuinely pretty surprised.

Anyway, his solution was to take a sharpie, mark through my fixed dining assignment on my seapass card and write “MTD” instead. :confused: He then said to just show up at 6:00 and they’d seat me.

I guess I should just be glad that only my dining reservations were lost and not my room reservation!

So I boarded Majesty today and was surprised to see a fixed dining time and table assignment on my seapass card. Surprised because I have MTD and made reservations for each night of the cruise five months ago.

So I go to speak to the woman at he MDR this afternoon and she basically responds, “sorry, MTD is full, you have regular dining. Talk to a manager if you want to.” So I do, showing him the email I have from RCI confirming my MTD reservations. He proceeds to take out his phone and snap pictures of my confirmation email (!?!) presumably to report up the chain. I think he was genuinely pretty surprised.

Anyway, his solution was to take a sharpie, mark through my fixed dining assignment on my seapass card and write “MTD” instead. :confused: He then said to just show up at 6:00 and they’d seat me.

I guess I should just be glad that only my dining reservations were lost and not my room reservation!

Sounds just like what they've done on Celebrity. My Time, Select, Anytime dining is not my cup of tea. Glad the Maitre' de was successful for you.

I think he was "genuinely pretty surprised" that you had the email confirmation to prove you had MTD reservations:cool:

Good for you and, unfortunately, a lesson in what everyone may need to do in the future....

Not a huge deal, I'm sure....you really don't NEED reservations at all.

You don’t NEED reservations but you do if you want and have been able to reserve the popular times.

We have done MTD almost since the beginning and “usually” it works well - certainly varies from ship to ship. Some hostesses have it down to an art, some are useless, perhaps in-training(?).

We had a spell of several cruises running on Royal and Celebrity where they looked up our name and said they could see where I had “tried” to reserve a time on-line but now they were full! Recently we have not had that problem. I usually have a print out like OP!

We had a terrible time with MTD on the Jewel our last cruise. We always book MTD prior to sail. Go to the dining room 1st night reservation has us table for 4 linked with another room. Table for 2 reservation was made. They never fixed the problem. Every night something else. Very disappointed.

Ugh Celebrity Summit Summer of 2017 was a nightmare with our reservation!! We too had an email confirming what we had selected, but it was the opposite in that we wanted traditional early time. Despite the email and us standing strong, we spent hours on our 1st day getting dining set up. We had set it to accomodate other plans with friends on the trip! We won't sale Celebrity again as the dining situation was ONLY the beginning of a long list of issues that despite being connected we have never had on Royal!! I'm hoping all is situated for you and the trip is amazing! :-)